Author Topic: Rolex Prices Tanking  (Read 60996 times)

Offline W3ll

Re: Rolex Prices Tanking
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 06:11:18 AM »
Years ago AD even sell the sport watches by accepting "Premium" from customers. Rolex put the ban hammer down and the AD now practice being "selective" in who they want to sell the watches at retail price, whoever can bring in the most margin on the table. To be honest, what can Rolex do about it right?

Only way the tide can change is when people stop desiring for Rolex watches.
lately I was offered to purchase at a premium by AD as well.. both big brand AD offered me.. they told me they have a friend outside who just got the watch and want to sell, blablabla, few k premium.. etc etc

I skipped and regretted :lol: next time got such offer terus take

Keyword is through a "friend", so basically grey market dealers and also possibly they got their stock from the AD and if it manage to sold through a 3rd party they get a cut of the premium paid..

Question is how much premium you are willing to pay? Will you pay RM15k more for Sub Date?

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 07:01:00 AM »
Years ago AD even sell the sport watches by accepting "Premium" from customers. Rolex put the ban hammer down and the AD now practice being "selective" in who they want to sell the watches at retail price, whoever can bring in the most margin on the table. To be honest, what can Rolex do about it right?

Only way the tide can change is when people stop desiring for Rolex watches.
lately I was offered to purchase at a premium by AD as well.. both big brand AD offered me.. they told me they have a friend outside who just got the watch and want to sell, blablabla, few k premium.. etc etc

I skipped and regretted :lol: next time got such offer terus take

Keyword is through a "friend", so basically grey market dealers and also possibly they got their stock from the AD and if it manage to sold through a 3rd party they get a cut of the premium paid..

Question is how much premium you are willing to pay? Will you pay RM15k more for Sub Date?

15k is too much already.. current premium is around that amount as well

Offline sixtydee123

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »
Definitely would not pay a 15k premium for a watch. But if you loads of cash and you got bit hard by the watch bug then by all means go for it. 

Offline W3ll

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 07:35:44 PM »
Definitely would not pay a 15k premium for a watch. But if you loads of cash and you got bit hard by the watch bug then by all means go for it.

From all my watch enthusiast friends around me, i hardly could find one that are willing to pay premium for a rolex sports model. Those that i know paid premium for a rolex sports model is those that did not know the retail price for the watch and was told by grey dealer that the watch price will continue to go up

Offline FourRings

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 11:56:30 PM »
Last week went to on AD in KL. Was looking around, asked and acted like i dont know anything about watches. Told them whats the cheapest to start off with.. the showed me a blue dial roman datejust 41.  :o

Whack laaa

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 01:45:56 AM »
Last week went to on AD in KL. Was looking around, asked and acted like i dont know anything about watches. Told them whats the cheapest to start off with.. the showed me a blue dial roman datejust 41.  :o

Whack laaa

Any discount for blue dials?

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »

Whack laaa

in some local ADs, there are no discount for DJ41mm stainless steel. high demand these days

Offline epsilon82

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2019, 10:00:09 AM »
Got the same info - no more discount for SS Rolex the 5 percent discount maybe is gone now.

Time line for ROLEX discount if I remember it correctly

<2010 - 10 percent
~2012 - 8 percent
~2017 - 5 percent
~2019 - 0 percent ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FourRings

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »

Whack laaa

No discounts. As per the SA he said no discount on certain watch.

Offline epsilon82

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 10:14:58 AM »

Whack laaa

You bought it home ?

Offline FourRings

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2019, 11:19:06 AM »

Whack laaa

You bought it home ?

Yes definitely. Was mesmerized by the blue and roman dials

Offline watchhobby1919

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2019, 02:16:57 PM »
At the rate Rolex price increasing or tanking, I think it will continue to be a dream for me to own a Submariner. A friend of mine randomly walked into AD to inquire Sub, but was told waiting list to be years. OMG.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »
I hope that market prices correct further. I remember, not too long ago, when premiums were just 1.5k extra. Nowadays, its a whole other watch.

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2019, 02:55:15 PM »
At the rate Rolex price increasing or tanking, I think it will continue to be a dream for me to own a Submariner. A friend of mine randomly walked into AD to inquire Sub, but was told waiting list to be years. OMG.

Try the forum members ads here...

Offline W3ll

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2019, 07:22:06 AM »
when even datejust also need to be in waitlist and without discount, not sure how long we need to wait for the rolex demand to drop..

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2019, 09:48:32 AM »
when even datejust also need to be in waitlist and without discount, not sure how long we need to wait for the rolex demand to drop..

very unlikely unless major catastrophic event, but that being said, rolex has survived through wars.

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 02:01:38 PM »
With any end in sight to the troubles in Hong Kong, prices may once again soar.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »
Prices in grey market has come down like 1-3k

Offline francis226

• Freshie
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 08:56:06 AM »
Acquired a Tudor watch recently. Rolex remain to be my dream watch, price hike is way faster than my pay increment...lol

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2019, 10:45:15 PM »
Acquired a Tudor watch recently. Rolex remain to be my dream watch, price hike is way faster than my pay increment...lol

1 step at at a time...you’ll get there  :thumbsup:

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2019, 11:09:42 PM »
Prices in grey market has come down like 1-3k

:Scolding: waiting for more  ;D

Offline francis226

• Freshie
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2019, 11:32:40 PM »

1 step at at a time...you’ll get there  :thumbsup:

Thank you..look forward to it  ;)

Offline echan78

• Freshie
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2019, 03:23:14 PM »
won't be coming down anytime soon, i also suspect those waiting lists for years are just a polite way for the AD to turn a buyer down. Im sure they have a separate list for preferred clients jz my 2 sens

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2019, 08:05:18 PM »
Minor correction is happening as we speak. Check out the grey dealers. Sales have slowed too with more sellers flooding the market & ongoing unrest in HK.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk

Offline echan78

• Freshie
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2019, 07:40:50 AM »
Yes indeed
 However jz minor adjustments. Its still around double of the msrp which is not very nice

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk