Author Topic: Glycine watch brand in Malaysia  (Read 19063 times)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: Glycine watch brand in Malaysia
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 10:15:55 AM »
Very much a chrono man from the collection. I see some nice b&r. I got my glycine at a great price, so I have no complains. As for the pvd coating, not very sure but I have to say that the pvd coating on my b&r has taken some beating and some if it has rubbed off. Overall it gives the watch character. :)

The BJ u have is also PVD right? how's it performming so far. The BR series is just as bad for the price they are asking....

Actually it is not too bad for the asking price. Compare it to brands like b&r, the asking price is pretty good. The watch is Ok. The performance so far has been ok. It is fitted with a pretty reliable movement and the overall quality of the watch is good. I like the watch.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »
Nice watch there... :thumbsup:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
My Glycine BJ Small Seconds. A limited edition of 350 pieces.

Currently fitted with the Glycine rubber strap but looking to change it to a leather strap. Since the lug width is 24 mm, I can use one of my independent made Panerai straps. Also a great excuse to get a new strap.

Offline duke916sps

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
Oh... I have a box of straps.. 20-24MM, all sort of colors.. ha ha

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »
Oh... I have a box of straps.. 20-24MM, all sort of colors.. ha ha

Straps? Don't get me started, what with both Wotancraft and Ted Su being based in Taiwan.  ;D

Offline duke916sps

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »
Yeah Man, I saw their straps, I mainly source from evil-bay or a lady from London doing made to order at a very reasonable price. Mainly those Panerai style, thick fat calf /buffalo leathers......

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »
Yeah Man, I saw their straps, I mainly source from evil-bay or a lady from London doing made to order at a very reasonable price. Mainly those Panerai style, thick fat calf /buffalo leathers......

Can you pm me the lady's contact, please.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2016, 08:06:15 PM »
Hi guys,
I just want to share a piece of "news" from the grapevine with regards to Glycine brand in Malaysia. (Please note that I am unable to verify the accuracy of this news.)

It seems that the local AD has received notice to return their current stock of Glycine watches to the HQ (down south). This may mean that Glycine watches will soon disappear from the display shelves in Malaysia. So anyone who's been thinking of picking one up may be well advised to visit one of the AD outlets soon before the stock is boxed and shipped out.

I suspect that this move is somehow linked to the change in ownership of Glycine, as reported by Peter in this post: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,2481.0.html.
I won't be surprised if this matter is resolved successfully, and Glycine will return to Malaysian shores eventually. However you can most probably expect higher price tags to accompany the watches.

:Cheers:

This year Glycine was sold by DKSH to Invicta. Within 5 years time, there were 3 ownership changed, it is really not good to a watch brand.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 06:10:24 PM »
Will you guys still buy Glycine watch?

But it's now a watch brand under Invicta.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2019, 04:39:27 PM »
Glycine was a space watch used in Gemini  V mission.

Offline Mitevo9

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2019, 03:32:31 PM »
Very much a chrono man from the collection. I see some nice b&r. I got my glycine at a great price, so I have no complains. As for the pvd coating, not very sure but I have to say that the pvd coating on my b&r has taken some beating and some if it has rubbed off. Overall it gives the watch character. :)

I bought the combat sub GL-0080 model with pvd coating. Wore on rotation for 6 months still look good.
A manufacturer with so much history but can't seem to build up its brand. Hope it gets more recognition in the near future.