Author Topic: Kajang is getting too crowded!!!  (Read 6484 times)

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
Kajang is getting too crowded!!!
« on: April 06, 2016, 06:04:50 PM »
Hi folks. Just wanted to vent. I bought a house in Taman Jelok Impian (next to Kajang Perdana) in 2012 and the housing area was nicely nestled between two green lungs. In a matter of 4 years, both these beautiful hills are gone and in its place Naza TTDI Groove has been built and upcoming Semanja (due 2018) is it its place. Its simply crazy la the pace of development in Kajang. What I fear most is the road conjestion which has already started to happen and I dread what will happen once both properties are mature. The current dual carriage way is simply inadequate and I don't see land that can be acquired to widen these roads. Sigh..so much for running away from KL city...seems the city seems to be expanding

Offline Nickmax

Re: Kajang is getting too crowded!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:20:10 AM »
Totally agree with you. The area is over supply with residential properties (mostly landed) from the last I visited.
But may I know how is the occupancy of your area?
is it 70% occupy?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »
Kajang is surrounded by outer ring road, not so much an problem travelling around if you compare to Puchong PJ and subang.

Landed housing is not over supply in Kajang, most area are fully occupy

traffic is bad for peak hours towards town, worsening by the construction of MRT

and the new highway awarded to non highway companies that not able to do it in time.

having said that, this is not the case in Semenyih Broga Beranang
these 3 new areas having thousands of acres is being develop now by big well known developer.
looking at first few phases handing over.... purchasers seems all investor that following the developers from all over malaysia.
drive around  Setia Eco Hill, the terrace houses handed over not long ago, its all FS signage on the gate !

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 05:34:35 PM »
Totally agree with you. The area is over supply with residential properties (mostly landed) from the last I visited.
is it 70% occupy?

Nicmax, the occupancy rate for my Taman ie Taman Jelok Impian is closer to >90% as its already 5-6yrs old. Two terrace houses and one semi d for sale...but the prices have tripled from launch price in 2010. The TTDI shop houses in front of my garden has only two tenants...one lawyer firm, the other one the Developers of Semanja housing project launch. 

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 05:39:50 PM »
Kajang is surrounded by outer ring road, not so much an problem travelling around if you compare to Puchong PJ and subang.

traffic is bad for peak hours towards town, worsening by the construction of MRT

You're spot on about the outer ring road which is the SILK highway and traffic through Jalan Semenyih is still bearable. I NEVER drive into Kajang town after 10am on Sat morning..its pure madness. My trusty old scoot is a lifesaver in Kajang town encounters whether its light grocery shopping or tapauing food. Parking in town center is another headache!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 09:04:24 AM »
kajang town not much attractions to me, once a while if i need to go, i normally travel from SILK and enter from Jln Bukit...
so far the traffic is much better than Puchong PJ Subang... SILK is awesome compare to LDP and NKVE

i find more food in sg chua area or go straight to Cheras.

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 05:12:04 PM »
Chris, the Chinese is know say that Kajang's Chinese food is only so-so. For good food, apparently Mahkota Cheras is the place to go..just take the Sg Long exit and you're almost there.

Offline Nickmax

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 07:28:06 AM »
IMO, I think Semenyih, Broga and Beranang will be populated quite soon as it is just the neighbor of Kajang area.
it is like South Klang (Bukit tinggi, Botanic and Taman parklands) is booming when people from the crowded North Klang.
It will take time but eventually it will

is it 70% occupy?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »
Chris, the Chinese is know say that Kajang's Chinese food is only so-so. For good food, apparently Mahkota Cheras is the place to go..just take the Sg Long exit and you're almost there.

yeah, i'm there always, i'm still doing mahkota cheras project now.

new launching soon, last phase of terrace houses in Mahkota Cheras
near EKVE access