Author Topic: is 2015 good year to buy property????  (Read 31196 times)

Offline nurulazzin

is 2015 good year to buy property????
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:00:51 AM »
me and my husband planning to buy so call our home for my family this year...
we just shop around, the property price seen like crazy! a condo is about RM500k and above.... low cost apartment also need about RM280k.. it is not cheap :Confused:
many of my friend advised me not to buy property at 2015 - this is year until the economy back into stable.. like this year.. GST implementation on April, the home loan initerest rate with BR is unstable, and they even predict 2015 property market will BOOM!!!
on the another hand. they say.. if you buy property this year.... but next year the price will go hike up... the it will not be RM280k already for a low cost apartment, it maybe RM500k for the apartment...
therefore need sifu, opinion... do you think I should buy property fast fast! or wait....

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Re: is 2015 good year to buy property????
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:43:50 AM »
Since this property is home and not an investment, buy based on needs not for flipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline nurulazzin

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:08:24 AM »
needs is one things... I still can rent a home... but in fact, I just worry over commitment... don't know can I handle the commitment such as homeloan!!!!
base on current economy...

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 08:14:09 AM »
Yes you can rent. I did that for a long time. I only bought my house when I turned 36. The best thing is that my EPF as well my disposable income at that age allowed me to get a substantial loan.

btw, what's wrong with the current economy? Its doing quite well actually.
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline lesliemui8888

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:09:30 AM »
as i was going thru some ads about properties i think all of them are pretty pricey but i think with the economy in the country not doing so good there are still ppl buying properties and the property market is still moving cuz i have some friends whom are real estate agents can change cars quite often so i guess theres good commission la

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Sue_Yee_Tee/media/IMG_20150212_105002_zpsv8wsncac.jpg.html
http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Sue_Yee_Tee/media/IMG_20150212_105122_zpswsgsb7lo.jpg.html
 :mooning:

Offline nurulazzin

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:43:41 PM »
Yes you can rent. I did that for a long time. I only bought my house when I turned 36. The best thing is that my EPF as well my disposable income at that age allowed me to get a substantial loan.

btw, what's wrong with the current economy? Its doing quite well actually.

well.. everyone is saying property market boom!!~! economic crises.. GST implementation 6% la! then inflation la!
plus plus RM no value....
it is all sign share the economic is getting worst?

yup if i want to buy house... I will use my EPF too...

Offline nurulazzin

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »
as i was going thru some ads about properties i think all of them are pretty pricey but i think with the economy in the country not doing so good there are still ppl buying properties and the property market is still moving cuz i have some friends whom are real estate agents can change cars quite often so i guess theres good commission la

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Sue_Yee_Tee/media/IMG_20150212_105002_zpsv8wsncac.jpg.html
http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Sue_Yee_Tee/media/IMG_20150212_105122_zpswsgsb7lo.jpg.html
 :mooning:

property you show in super expensive/// not in my category!
pay interest also can KILL me for the rest of my life!!!!

Offline Boeing

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 05:11:40 PM »
Buy landed properties, then you're safe. :Cheers:

Offline kygan711

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
You need to find some one with the crystal ball to tell you the future ! and this person is not in existence.

Property prices will only go up because our cost of living is going up. Anything around you is going down except for the fuel price.

Good areas will always have short supply problem ( BU, SS2, Damansara Jaya, Desapark for eg ). New areas is cheaper but you got to hang and wait say 10-15 years or longer take for example Bukit Beruntung. Some guy said an Airport going to be built there and BAM everyone went crazy and bought there. And when it did not happen, the appreciation did not happen. So much for someone with the crystal ball then !

Whether you buy now or future you still need to incur interest rate unless you can save so much cash in such a short time and buy the house without loan. Is this probable for your situation ? Only you will know.

Take a 15 year period of my own home ownership. My first home i bought 170k about 15 years ago. I have to sell at a loss at 150k cause the area was not being developed and no proper roads. Second home I bought 10 years ago , 330k which I sold 5 year later for 370K did not it cover my renovation cost. My next home 550K I bought 5 years ago, can now be sold 1.2million but the problem is where am I going to buy if I sell since all properties now in good areas have also moved up ? At least with this home I also get to enjoy the appreciation while I stay in it. If I was renting, I would now need to pay 1.2 mil for the same house where 5 years ago was only 550k. So your interest saving will not far outweight the escalation of the price of the home.

Can you see a trend and foresee if your investment will sure make money ? Well all 3 have different predicaments and they are all in Selangor not some funny forsaken place. So buy what you need or you can afford and if the appreciation dont happen at least you got a home under your roof. Not buying will not improve your situation because money cant grow by its own by sitting in the bank.

Hope this help and this is just my personal experience and I am not a financial guru or big time property investor.

Offline johnliew

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 06:30:52 AM »
Have u guys realize, the economy is now from bad turn to worst. My friends that open grocery stores and dried seafood stores complaint that this year not a good year as less customers go buy anything even before and during CNY. Somemore now the home loan changed to BR instead of BLR which is no longer stable, it will just fluctuate according to the economy lehhh. If u really think of getting hse this year, then it will be a huge burden for u man.  :Startled:

Offline nurulazzin

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »
You need to find some one with the crystal ball to tell you the future ! and this person is not in existence.

Property prices will only go up because our cost of living is going up. Anything around you is going down except for the fuel price.

Good areas will always have short supply problem ( BU, SS2, Damansara Jaya, Desapark for eg ). New areas is cheaper but you got to hang and wait say 10-15 years or longer take for example Bukit Beruntung. Some guy said an Airport going to be built there and BAM everyone went crazy and bought there. And when it did not happen, the appreciation did not happen. So much for someone with the crystal ball then !

Whether you buy now or future you still need to incur interest rate unless you can save so much cash in such a short time and buy the house without loan. Is this probable for your situation ? Only you will know.

Take a 15 year period of my own home ownership. My first home i bought 170k about 15 years ago. I have to sell at a loss at 150k cause the area was not being developed and no proper roads. Second home I bought 10 years ago , 330k which I sold 5 year later for 370K did not it cover my renovation cost. My next home 550K I bought 5 years ago, can now be sold 1.2million but the problem is where am I going to buy if I sell since all properties now in good areas have also moved up ? At least with this home I also get to enjoy the appreciation while I stay in it. If I was renting, I would now need to pay 1.2 mil for the same house where 5 years ago was only 550k. So your interest saving will not far outweight the escalation of the price of the home.

Can you see a trend and foresee if your investment will sure make money ? Well all 3 have different predicaments and they are all in Selangor not some funny forsaken place. So buy what you need or you can afford and if the appreciation dont happen at least you got a home under your roof. Not buying will not improve your situation because money cant grow by its own by sitting in the bank.

Hope this help and this is just my personal experience and I am not a financial guru or big time property investor.

Thaniks for your advice... it is really true as well u say... the economy cannot be predicted!
anyway I also ask about the interest rate... now it is about 4.67% .. but the agent explain to the rate will goes up and down according to the economy.... buying property. I am got money./.. maintain a property dun know money can maintain or not??

Offline kygan711

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 07:31:18 PM »
I am answering it this base on how I would react to this.

I would take the current Bank Loan interest rate and then take the high Bank Loan interest rate ( Assuming it goes up in 1-2 years ) and then find out what is the installment payment so I know I can service the loan even though the interest go up.

So that way, I wont panic when the interest rate go up.

If I lose my job or I over commit on my installment, I will just have to sell the house and move to a smaller one.  This is the reality unless you got a rich dad who is around to back you up when you are in trouble. If you make it, you will gain. If you don't make it you make some loss & downgrade but you won't be in total loss position. Have you got any friends who bought house and end up with nothing after they sold the house because they cannot pay the installment ? I dont have any so why should this happen to you ? This scenario will be true for automobile purchase. I have seen many even after selling off still have to pay the bank to settle the car loan due to the high depreciation on cars.

Best is talk to more people who are a lot older and have got more experience and then make your decision from there. Learning from their mistakes is better than you pay for your mistakes. Buying a house is an achivement for me and it can never be a mistake unless you simply buy something over what you can afford and put yourself in a stressful situation.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 08:12:37 PM »
If you are buying to live in it then by all means...anytime is a good time. But if you are a flipper and investor, then it's a different story. But then again, you don't call it an asset if it depreciates. Buying stuff that you want like a nice car or a nice watch is extra. But a home is never a bad buy. Go ahead. Find a place you like, make sure you are able to sustain payments for the mortgage and enjoy your new house and make it your home...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 06:41:26 AM »
agreed with meoramri

since you are buying a house to stay, just go ahead !

affordable housing - will never depreciate in next few years!
because land price and cost is going up all the time! demand still very much higher than supply. most developer is supplying luxury home and investment type of property now.

and afoordable housing mean 2-3 bedrooms suitable for family, not the lowest price small unit like those studio, soho, sovo, sofo...

Offline breylay

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 09:37:35 AM »
I've just ask OCBC about the home loan interest rate. My loan amount is RM 600k and they offer me 4.65%.. At this stage, I still think its reasonable la.. Is there any better rate I can get ? Pls share ya if there is any recommendation....

Offline joellerollokostor

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:12 AM »
dont think its much affected la some ppl have a certain mindset i guess. to rather not have a change
u guys can have a look here

[ mod : pls do not link to commercial page ]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:19:47 AM by chrisyen »

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
I've just ask OCBC about the home loan interest rate. My loan amount is RM 600k and they offer me 4.65%.. At this stage, I still think its reasonable la.. Is there any better rate I can get ? Pls share ya if there is any recommendation....

isnt 4.65% is on the high side? I asked rhb. for 600k, it's BR + 0.50% (without mrta)

i believe their BR is 4.00%

Offline Dinono

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 10:29:26 PM »
Personally 2015 doesn't look like the year for me to making any Home purchases.

Just going to play safe this time around.

Offline Friedrice

• qui parle trop manque souvent
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »
I have heard from a lot of Property Agents that high end properties might come down in price.

In the high end property market (1 million and above), there are a lot of sellers (mostly speculators whom bought a ramshackle house in a prime area and did some simple renovations to resell a few months later) but no buyers. Yes, there are a bunch of property clubs flipping prime area properties by jazzing up old houses in hot areas and then resell with a 300% markup after the renovation was competed.

These properties have huge bank loan repayments and I forsee a lot of these dudes cannot service 10+ of these type of properties in their portfolio. And when bank lelong, that's when prices should come down.

If prices tumble in the high end market, the mid and lower range prices will fall too..

So, be patient. Good things come to those who waits.
Rolex datejust 16200
Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN
Omega Aqua Terra Co-Axial 8500
Omega seamaster co-axial GMT 2535.80
Omega speedmaster sapphire sandwich 3573.50
Breitling Avenger II GMT
Longines Legend Diver Date
Zenith 2532
Omega seamaster bumper 355
Tissot T-Touch expert
Ball engineer master ii diver
Ball trainmaster pulsemeter
Tag heuer aqua racer automatic

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 09:52:41 PM »
Can't get any new launch Shop-Office in KL for <4M anymore? Sunway Geo -----> 3-Storey Retail Shoplot @>6.8M! How do invest shoplot in KL?!

Offline jamesgurera

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 07:24:23 PM »
Yes, 2015 is good to buy property. And also it is good to invest in stock market.  As real estate and stock market are two of the fields where you can invest and can earn profit.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:35 AM »
I have heard from a lot of Property Agents that high end properties might come down in price.

In the high end property market (1 million and above), there are a lot of sellers (mostly speculators whom bought a ramshackle house in a prime area and did some simple renovations to resell a few months later) but no buyers. Yes, there are a bunch of property clubs flipping prime area properties by jazzing up old houses in hot areas and then resell with a 300% markup after the renovation was competed.

These properties have huge bank loan repayments and I forsee a lot of these dudes cannot service 10+ of these type of properties in their portfolio. And when bank lelong, that's when prices should come down.

If prices tumble in the high end market, the mid and lower range prices will fall too..

So, be patient. Good things come to those who waits.

why listen to Agent? what type of Agent? license? MLM one? GS or DF ? or big 5? listen to boss or the guy bring you to see houses? or their firm researcher who produce property market report?

why you belief high end market orice tumble, mid and lower rang prices will fall?

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 07:56:44 AM »
Thanks god, the boss finally sounds his voice. Chris, any suggestion on the reasonable shoplot investment around KL, ~4M please?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »
Thanks god, the boss finally sounds his voice. Chris, any suggestion on the reasonable shoplot investment around KL, ~4M please?

frankly, i didnt study actually, no Ms to invest into shoplot.
also because 4m shop lot in klang valley, what kind of return to expect? 4% annual return, rental will be 16k a mth

last week chit chat with a friend of mine, MS business development DGM said he is studying shoplot in Seremban

fyi - IOI selling rm1.5 m onwards for bdr putri bangi - bdr bkt mahkota.
bangi avenue boss keeping all their shop

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 05:28:40 PM »
Thank you Chris. Been getting similar advise to invest in new launch project in Seremban & Bangi, rather than in KL, as ROI ~4% in KL!

Chris, knowing that you are a well informed expert in property line,  what do you feel abt the theory to wait for secondary market to crash in KL over the coming 12 months+, in the hypothetical scenario of return of the 20 yrs recession cycle in Malaysia?

Alternatively, banging on MahSeng's project as its products are fairly reliable with reasonable capital gain?