Author Topic: Ingersoll watches, where to get them in KL  (Read 21294 times)

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

Re: Ingersoll watches, where to get them in KL
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »
Let's not make the newbie feel bad la sifus!

leonwee maybe you could give us a budget to work with and we'd be glad to tell you about some other alternatives.  ;D

Offline M8

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »
Hi all, im new here, would like to know where i can find a shop selling Ingersoll watches in KL.

thanks!  :)

There are many place can buy this brand watch like low yat, sg wang, lot 10, 1 utama, tropicana city mall.... mines bought from 1 utama on 2010...

:o After today only got to know Ingersoll got so many history, not long ago i was spotted a fair price limited edition manual winding Watch with nice skeleton design with the name "Ingersoll", price less then rm1000, But the size was too big for me, 46mm, if not mistaken..

Offline Jeffrey8891

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 07:13:44 AM »
 Which model are you looking for ? Because if you could, try not to get them. I have an Ingersoll Boonville, a skeleton mechanical watch. My friend who is also interested in watch and this particular model, advise me not to take it because there is customers who make a lot of complaints about it. However, I went ahead and get it. I am filled with regret right now, the thing cost me RM 900 after discount with a year warranty. Guess what ? I have already sent it back three times. Within the week of purchase, the hour hand somehow crashes with another hand, I presume the second hand and it bend. Brought it back and they say they will exchange a new one for me. Bot sure if they did because my watch was still new and I only got it back after 2-3 weeks. Months later, there seems to be dust particle within the case sticking to the inner crystal. I think it came from the gear when I manually wind it which you have to. I will discuss about that later. The dust appear both on the front and back crystal. I took it back to the AD, they say they will clean it up. Again waited for around 3 weeks, got it back and you know what ? There was a leafy thing, small buy very noticeable within the case on the front crystal ! I told them immediately, they say the watch guy must have missed it. Seriously ? They clean it up again and now there is dust inside which I think got in when they opened it. The most surprise thing is, my strap is different ! Also, after that send back, my watch was presented with a lot of new scratches.

Now with the movement, the movement is definately chinese movement. If it runs on sea gull movement, maybe there is a say in it. No, based on its quality and automatic winding, I would say that it is not a seagull movement. So, why do I have manually wind it from time to time ? Because the rotor is not smooth enough to let it swing around freely. If you tilt it, it may not get to where the gravity is pulling, it may even be stucked on the other direction. Just bought a Tissot Seastar 1000 Chrono, it uses a inferior movement compared to the ETA 7750 but still an ETA movement. Comparing the rotor's movement, you can clearly see the difference in quality between the watches. The friend that I mentioned before, he has a Seiko 5 and the rotor swings more smoothly compared to my Ingersoll and it was almost RM 400 cheaper ! For my Tissot, I don't even need to manually wind it, with me wearing it every two days.

I hope this helps you ! Get Seiko, Orient, they have automatic watches too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:42:27 AM by Jeffrey8891 »

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 08:58:33 AM »
i owned an Ingersoll watch also.. so far ok no prob.. in fact im pretty satisfied with it.
feel much pricier that it cost~ ;)
mine is IN1612BKWH Automatic Professional Engineer Watch..
it uses calibre 520.. ><" i doesnt really know bout movement.. is this an in house movement? or some mod from other movement?

for infos.. http://www.zeonltd.co.uk/instructions/Watches/Ingersoll%20Automatic/IN1612%20-%20CALIBRE%20520.pdf
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline iffy38

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2018, 03:18:13 PM »
I have one in my collection as my beater watch. No problem after 2 years. Still going strong.

At that price, if it fails, just chunk it in the bin and move on. No point repairing also. Cheap and cheerful  ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:22:04 PM by iffy38 »