Author Topic: Ingersoll watches, where to get them in KL  (Read 21233 times)

Offline leonwee

Ingersoll watches, where to get them in KL
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
Hi all, im new here, would like to know where i can find a shop selling Ingersoll watches in KL.

thanks!  :)

Offline gloomis

Re: Ingersoll watches, where to get them in KL
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »
low yat plaza got. next to entrance. go n have a look

Offline chin

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:00:13 PM »
Why would some1 come into a WIS forum looking for Ingersol in his 1st post?  :police:

Offline leonwee

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 08:08:26 PM »
thank you gloomis!! :D
chin: well, im new in all this stuffs, and had no idea what quartz and automatic meant yesterday,until i visited this forum. haha. into watches/time pieces now cause of my dad? have been using digital sport watches like timex and polar for years.
Dad got a IWC and i was like o.O wow. nice watch. and so i happen to find about this ingersoll, and their watches are nice, and affordable for a person like me. And they have great history.
Its really great to have a forum specially for Watches, as in lowyat forum i asked around, no one seem to have any knowledge about watches -,-

Offline @L

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
correct me if im wrong; Ingersoll are they using china made movement as thats what i heard
previously....

just my two cents, for the same price, i guess you may be able to get something from Victorinox (swiss made)?

:Cheers:

Offline gloomis

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 09:27:56 AM »
thank you gloomis!! :D
chin: well, im new in all this stuffs, and had no idea what quartz and automatic meant yesterday,until i visited this forum. haha. into watches/time pieces now cause of my dad? have been using digital sport watches like timex and polar for years.
Dad got a IWC and i was like o.O wow. nice watch. and so i happen to find about this ingersoll, and their watches are nice, and affordable for a person like me. And they have great history.
Its really great to have a forum specially for Watches, as in lowyat forum i asked around, no one seem to have any knowledge about watches -,-

i juz gt to know is watch from a magazine saying that they have tourbillon watch n make interest to find out more. ingersoll is a UK watch with quite long history. as for the movement i dont c any impact and the design is like so so nia. nothing to shout about.

they is alot nice watch in the market. juz tell us your budget and type u like then sure alot senior here can recog some nice one for u.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 06:17:18 AM »
Ingersoll watches has its roots from the USA. It first started a mail order business (R H Ingersoll & Bro) started in New York City in 1882 by 21-year-old Robert Hawley Ingersoll and his brother Charles Henry. The company initially sold low-cost items such as rubber stamps. The first watches were introduced into the catalogue in 1892, supplied by the Waterbury Clock Company. After the clock company who supply to Ingersoll went bust some years later, Ingersoll bought the Trenton Watch Company in 1908, and the bankrupt New England Watch Company in Waterbury, Connecticut, for $76,000 on November 25, 1914.

Ingersoll Watch Company went bankrupt in 1921 during the recession that followed World War I. It was purchased by Waterbury Clock Company in 1922 for $1,500,000. Waterbury Clock sold the London-based arm of the Ingersoll watch business, Ingersoll, Ltd., to its Board of Directors in 1930, making it a wholly British-owned enterprise. In 1944 Waterbury Clock Company was renamed United States Time Corporation (now Timex Group USA) and continued producing Ingersoll watches in the United States through the 1950s.

The "original" Ingersoll Watch Company has been bankrupt since 1921. The brand is currently owned by Zeon Watches, a British subsidiary of the Chinese company Herald Group, headed by Tsang-Kay Cheung with their base in Hong Kong.

(Note : Information extract from "uncle wiki" for everyone's info.)

Offline kltime

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »

Its chinese movement inside but nothing wrong if u like it. Plenty of fashion brands nowadays like Fossil,etc use them.

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »
there's a shop in Pavilion that sells Ingersoll... Summit also got... happy hunting!

Offline stevk

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Try Mines in Seri Kembangan as well.. I saw a corner shop displays lots of Ingersoll. Level 1 if I'm not wrong.

Offline joeming

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
try go low yat plaza ground floor.

Offline sdien

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:54 PM »
Members,

The first post is for Ingersoll.......the 100th post will be IWC...who knows. :thumbsup:

Offline gck

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »
ingersoll got some nice watch...

Offline sdien

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 09:39:33 AM »
i might opt for the tourbillon series......

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
Summit Subang

Yes, Chinese brand...but they have warranty for that....though perhaps advisable not to pay so much for it...i think below 1k...is ok....not more...but if you like it, it is your own hard earn money...no one else should tell u what to do about it....

and perhaps better to get from online dealer...u get better price....

Offline chin

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 12:59:03 PM »

Ingersoll got tourbillon??? Wow  ???

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 05:51:31 AM »
Chinese movement maker have come up with tourbillon for quite a while....a few brand already adopted that in their line up....such as ingersoll, invicta , etc etc... even the internet mushroom brand have put that movement into their watches.... but i have not come up with any review on the effectiveness of the tourbillion or is it stand merely as eye candy...also dont know about the quality and how the hell we want to service it later on

Ingersoll got tourbillon??? Wow  ???

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 08:27:11 AM »
A shop in Summit, USJ having promotion on Ingersoll...

Offline Cee Lo Green

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »
Well, I am Cee Lo Green of Gnarls Barkley, you all know me by now, I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woFpafSBKpk

Im am the singer (black: I hope np to y'all )  :)

What I mean to say about Ingersoll is this.... they are good watches for fair prices: I have 25 of them; classic, modern, Bisons, you name it, all Ingersoll !  They all have Seagull watchworks.
Yes, Seagull are the best watches in automatics you can find. I love my Ingersolls, all of them !!!
Because none of them have ever stood still in the last 8 to 10 years ( I bought my first Ingersoll 10 years ago, see ?! ): they all still work at an average of +3 sec./ day. Thats COSC-awesome. I am new to this watch-forum, so I hope y'all will accept me now.

Greetz by Cee Lo Green
:)

Offline STT1987

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »
Interesting fact:
Ingersoll was the first licensee to produce Mickey Mouse watches for Disney. For a while it was a huge craze to own a Mickey Mouse watch in the US.

The last I heard, you can buy an Ingersoll Tourbillion watch for less than RM 5k (much less if you check out local Malaysian auction sites). If you wanted to buy an equivalent watch from an European/Swiss manufacture - it would set you back 6 figures (rm 100K and up).

Crazy.  :Confused:
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline Cee Lo Green

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 03:17:42 PM »
Hi STT1987,

I hope you're as great a fan of mine, as you are of Ingersoll, j/k.... I hope so though.
Now that I have become rich, I won't become arrogant or above others. No sir, not me.
Modesty will take a person to the next level in growth. My Ingersolls are great,
I will néver seize to admire and cherish them, all 25 of them :)

( I have been a thug in my youth, a real goon, so I apologize to all of my victims for it: I deeply
regret the way I used to be; a real a*shole I was. " Sorry to all people whom I hurt and
might have hurt, all deliberately. I deeply regret the way I acted: sorry to you áll !!  ". I mean it from the
bottom of my heart. ) My Ingersolls are my beacons of security: they'll always perform their duty,
simply because they are of great Seagull-interior Quality and of the Best Ingersoll-parts material.

Greetz by Cee Lo Green
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:41:46 PM by Cee Lo Green »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 03:32:14 PM »
Hi STT1987,

I hope you're as great a fan of mine, as you are of Ingersoll, j/k.... I hope so though.
Now that I have become rich ( yearly gross $ 2-3Mln. : in total now $ 28Mln. ) , I won't
become arrogant or above others. No sir, not me. Modesty will take a person to the next
level in growth. My Ingersolls are great, I will néver seize to admire and cherish them, all 25 of them :)

( I have been a thug in my youth, a real goon, so I apologize to all of my victims for it: I deeply
regret the way I used to be; a real a*shole I was. " Sorry to all people whom I hurt and
might have hurt, all deliberately. I deeply regret the way I acted: sorry to you áll !!  ". I mean it from the
bottom of my heart. ) My Ingersolls are my beacons of security: they'll always perform their duty,
simply because they are of great Seagull-interior Quality and of the Best Ingersoll-parts material.

Greetz by Cee Lo Green

Greetz to you but you needn't have to post figures. Are those numbers in US Dollars or Indonesian Rupiah?

Offline SHL

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »
Hi all, im new here, would like to know where i can find a shop selling Ingersoll watches in KL.

thanks!  :)

There are many place can buy this brand watch like low yat, sg wang, lot 10, 1 utama, tropicana city mall.... mines bought from 1 utama on 2010...

Offline ashwin1987

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
You can get online, from a Malaysian website, online selling place, just type on google.

Offline Primus

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
Came across this thread and i thought i just share a watch from Ingersoll that i personally think is worth purchasing. Like others, i think one should increase their budget slightly and get a swiss watch maybe entry level if considering this brand but there is one collection that i think we can all get from this company.

The Mickey Mouse 30's Collection.

Here is a vintage Mickey Mouse from 1933 from Ingersoll, one of the first watch company to come out with the Mickey Mouse collection, and what is interesting about this watch is, that this was launched right in the height of the great depression. The watches was purchased by many (whom could still afford anything at that time) to remind them of happier times associated with disney shows, amongst the bleak and disastrous economical landscape.

This watch can be now be purchased for your children or just as a whimsical part of your collection, but i keep one to remind me, ALWAYS, to be young at heart.

Picture of the actual vintage 1933 watch by Ingersoll:

Picture of the newly launched watch by Ingersoll to in honor of their 1930's collection:

This watch is a 17 jewel manual wind mechanical watch.
Happy to note that they purposely maintained a worned look for the casing and used the same design watch and even the packaging. The seconds is shown in a separate dial, that animates mickey running or chasing round the dial. Hour and minute hands is shown using his two hands.

Only dissapointing thing about this watch is that the dial is too new. They should have went for a aged look for the dial.. maybe cream coloured or even try to replicate the worn yellow look.