Author Topic: Pre-owned watch with Paper (Warranty Card)  (Read 4296 times)

Offline josephw

• Freshie
Pre-owned watch with Paper (Warranty Card)
« on: April 26, 2019, 11:14:19 AM »
Hi, anyone can advise the significant of buying used watch with paper and without paper? Besides price difference what is the disadvantage of buying those without paper?

Offline benaukk

Re: Pre-owned watch with Paper (Warranty Card)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 11:27:25 AM »
Hi, anyone can advise the significant of buying used watch with paper and without paper? Besides price difference what is the disadvantage of buying those without paper?
As fast as I know, will paper would be more valuable and of cos command higher price.  Maybe some experts here can eleborate more here.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline JLim83

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 06:53:34 AM »

I honestly think that the one major difference would be the authenticity of the watch without sending it to the original manufacturer for a proper verification. Also gives you a sense of security when you are wanting to purchase a timepiece (whether buyer or seller). The bonus as a seller would of course be more towards the commanding price, since sending a watch to verify will also cost you some $$. All in all it still boils down to preference. Some people do not see a need of having box and papers and some people are particular about having a full set - watch/box/papers/bezel cover, hang tag, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline tannitech

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 11:14:13 AM »
For buyer:
1. Sense of security
2. Convenience of proof
3. For those who desires authenticity / collector mindset, huge plus

For seller:
1. Better price
2. Ease of transaction, no need additional verification

Offline wwf

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 09:20:38 PM »
i think the price is not making big diferent , unless the warantty is still live, the paper or warranty card will be uselfull for you to go for service if it is still under waranty, also paper is traceable source to your watch, kind of the surat beranak