Author Topic: Ming 17.03 LE Blue Watch Review  (Read 7982 times)

Offline Cocas

Ming 17.03 LE Blue Watch Review
« on: August 25, 2018, 06:26:58 PM »
Ming 17.03 LE Blue

Case material: Grade 2 Titanium is light weight but non-glossy. Because of it's not heavy like stainless steel, the whole watch will not stick to your wrist and your sweat can dry up faster and you will not feel sticky.

Thickness & water resistance: it's amazingly for a GMT watch thickness is less than 10mm. Some more it got 100m water resistant. There are many watch brands could not achieve this.

Lume: the hands lume are Superluminova X1 grade, the dounut ring hours marker & ring are Superluminova C3 grade. The X1 could apply to hours marker because X1 cannot apply onto sapphire surface. X1 looks dimmed as compared against C3 during initial lume but the lume brightness  will stabilize and look the same   after about 2 minutes.

Crown: the crown is not a screw down crow. Its edge is sharp. Not sure is it because of grade 2 Ti is used. It's easy for turning the crown but certainly not comfortable for lady tender skin .

Dial: it got 3-parts sapphire dial. The centered dial part sunk lower than the outer dial. The hour hand is sitting within the centered dial surface. The special design allows the reduction in thickness.
The sapphire material is used and the blue color is amazing. So far the watery reflection with the hands "floating" on the blue dial effect. Other than Ming watch, I only can find it in Rolex Cellini 4016 watch. So far to my knowledge, there is no other watch brand makes watery dial like that.

To be continued....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:36:11 PM by Cocas »

Offline kagaya

Re: Ming 17.03 LE Blue Watch Review
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »
Ming 17.03 LE Blue

Case material: Grade 2 Titanium is light weight but non-glossy. Because of it's not heavy like stainless steel, the whole watch will not stick to your wrist and your sweat can dry up faster and you will not feel sticky.

Thickness & water resistance: it's amazingly for a GMT watch thickness is less than 10mm. Some more it got 100m water resistant. There are many watch brands could not achieve this.

Lume: the hands lume are Superluminova X1 grade, the dounut ring hours marker & ring are Superluminova C3 grade. The X1 could apply to hours marker because X1 cannot apply onto sapphire surface. X1 looks dimmed as compared against C3 during initial lume but the lume brightness  will stabilize and look the same   after about 2 minutes.

Crown: the crown is not a screw down crow. Its edge is sharp. Not sure is it because of grade 2 Ti is used. It's easy for turning the crown but certainly not comfortable for lady tender skin .

Dial: it got 3-parts sapphire dial. The centered dial part sunk lower than the outer dial. The hour hand is sitting within the centered dial surface. The special design allows the reduction in thickness.
The sapphire material is used and the blue color is amazing. So far the watery reflection with the hands "floating" on the blue dial effect. Other than Ming watch, I only can find it in Rolex Cellini 4016 watch. So far to my knowledge, there is no other watch brand makes watery dial like that.

To be continued....

More photo pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kagaya

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:13:30 PM »
Ming 17.03 LE Blue

To be continued....

Very good review and can’t wait for part 2... thanks bro

Offline Cocas

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 10:48:28 PM »
Putting up more photos now.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 08:29:43 PM »
Great review
Thnx

Last time I didn’t pull the trigger mainly due to the lug is sharp
Won’t cut your wrist
But I hold, carry n play with daughter often... so worry on that

Offline Cocas

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 10:02:19 PM »
Great review
Thnx

Won’t cut your wrist

Yes, its lugs tip are pointy like Rolex.
But compared against the sharp crown edge, then the pointy lugs are nothing.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 05:46:57 PM »
Great review
Thnx

Won’t cut your wrist

Crown edge also sharp ?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 06:12:28 PM »
Great review
Thnx

Won’t cut your wrist

Crown edge also sharp ?

To be exact, the sharp areas are the ridges on the crown edge.

Here are some photos.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 06:56:37 AM »
Industrial finish without hand further finish ?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 07:08:47 AM »
Industrial finish without hand further finish ?

Yes, very likely.

Offline jesiccaplp

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 12:03:54 PM »
how much r they?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 05:57:59 PM »
how much r they?

I remember it's in CHF and couldn't recall the exact amount. Certainly after conversion, it's below RM 6k.

Offline hadi9802

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 06:39:28 PM »
If by any chance you feel like selling it, please let me know bro! Hehe. Would be keen to get it.