Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: Rolex Oysterquartz Datejust 17000 RARE PIECE!  (Read 6048 times)

Offline Watchlover90

• Freshie
Rolex Oysterquartz Datejust 17000 RARE PIECE!
« on: August 07, 2018, 12:09:30 PM »

Quoted from "Chronotrader"

"This Rolex Datejust is one stylish and uniquely designed piece. In the late 1970's and early 1980's Quartz timepieces were dominating the market and yes even Rolex was affected by what is now known as the "Quartz Crisis" of the late 1970's and of the early 1980's.

It would be a mistake to think that quartz watches were an afterthought for Rolex, even despite Rolex's strong dedication to mechanical movements, Rolex began to realize that this type of product could establish itself on the market, and this was proved to be a fact in the following years to come. The Rolex Oyster Quartz production range having lasted less than 3 decades makes the entire range of Rolex Oyster Quartz highly sought after and extremely collectible. It has been estimated that in all less than 25,000 total Oysterquartz watches were ever produced by Rolex.

The design of the Rolex Oyster Quartz Datejust is far removed from the classic Datejust models and carries design characteristics of the period from which it hails. The angular case and the integrated bracelet are utterly unique, almost architectural in appearance. The case and integrated bracelet are unquestionably remarkable. The Rolex Cal. 5035 11 jewel quartz movement is built and finished as one would expect from Rolex and is of technical advancement but of bespoke build and finish."

Style: Datejust

Model: 17000

Serial R249XXX

Material: Stainless Steel with white gold applied Rolex logo

Glass: Sapphire

Case width: 36mm

Condition: 9/10. Pristine Sapphire glass as initially purchased.

Bracelet: Rolex Oyster-Quartz Stainless Steel Bracelet (Looks kinda like Royal Oak)

Maintenance History: Last serviced in 2014 and Battery change in 2017

Twinlock... Water resistance rated at 100m.

Movement powering this Oysterquartz is the Caliber 5035, a certified quartz chronometer.

Selling off my beautiful Oysterquartz Datejust to make way for an Explorer 1. This has been handed down to me by my late father who purchased it around 1990 and is the oldest watch in my collection. Market price is around 15 to 17k. Please check the chrono24 website for reference price.

Im letting go at RM11,999.00 since I’m selling watch only.

Please WhatsApp or call at 01128003881.

THIS IS A FANTASTIC DEAL FOR A RARE WATCH. ONLY 25k Oysterquartz has EVER been produced by Rolex so the price can only appreciate over time.

Offline Watchlover90

• Freshie
Re: Rolex Oysterquartz Datejust 17000 RARE PIECE!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 01:15:02 PM »
REDUCED TO RM9999.00! SUPER BARGAIN!

Offline Watchlover90

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 11:30:35 PM »
BUMP!

Offline Watchlover90

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 09:04:33 AM »
SOLD!