Author Topic: Where to repair severely damaged vintage watches? (Cracked steel bezels).  (Read 6065 times)

Offline kvwong2014

Any suggestions on where to totally repair vintage Omegas and Tudors? I've recently gotten a few vintage watches that are in very bad shape. The Tudor has a cracked steel bezel and glass. Also, the entire case and bracelet is completely out of shape, the previous owner must have handed it to a terrible repair shop, the bracelet and case looks like its been hammered countless times, there are many dents and the part that connects the bracelet and case is seriously deformed. Someone clearly attempted to force open the screw down case as the back is heavily scratched. Same case with my vintage Omega Seamaster. If anyone has a suggestion, please mention the place, how is the customer service and possibly the price (no need exact amount, example: RM 700-900 etc). Any suggestions are appreciated Thanks  ;D

Offline koryong

While the bezel & crystal are replaceable, your description of the case & bracelet sounds like the watch got into a wreck at some point. Really no point to repair the latter 2 issues. Maybe wear it as is ... ala Cartier Crash ...  ;)

Any pictures anyway ? I'm intrigued.

Offline kvwong2014

Sorry, I don't have any pics with me and im on a trip right now :(. The main concern are the cracks on the glass and bezel. For the bezel, it's sort of a hairline crack. Nonetheless, it exposes the watch to moisture. Can you recommend any shops that could replace the bezel and glass. Doesn't have to be original Tudor/Omega parts, but it has to be of good quality. Plus a service to keep it ticking, how much would it cost approximately? Thanks for the reply btw.

Offline ebayer

• Freshie
Some photos of the damage would really help. With vintage watches, it depends on whether the parts that need replacing are still being manufactured. If not, you may have to replace with new parts. In general, replacing the glass will be easier than the bezel.

About the hairline crack on the bezel, the watch internals should still be safe.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Watchlover90

• Freshie
I got my watch repaired in amcorp mall.. it was a shop on the first floor.. it was a Rolex 6694