Author Topic: Which one is better Tudor or Rolex  (Read 21471 times)

Offline Jaymie360

Re: Which one is better Tudor or Rolex
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2018, 06:56:32 PM »
Just buying a watch that have a better resale value doesn't construed that u really like the watch
or it's design . U buy it merely for its resale value or u like the watch?
Imagined  owning 10 watches all under the same brand .  :Confused:
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline koryong

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2018, 03:12:35 AM »
There's no right or wrong here, just opinions .... I thimk this kind of topic is best debated over a beer ....  :Cheers:

Offline Nkssupreme

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2018, 08:39:39 AM »
As said before, both are good options depending on own preference. Buy what u like, not to be influenced by others. The latest tudor offerings in baselworld 2018 makes me drooling though especially the black bay gmt and 58. ::)

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2018, 09:04:06 AM »
There's no right or wrong here, just opinions .... I thimk this kind of topic is best debated over a beer ....  :Cheers:
Can's agree with you more brother...I second that motion...

Offline Ajas

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2018, 10:05:22 AM »
Rolex is very conservative while Tudor is beong known for probing the water with their designs.

Both are equally good and main difference is resale value.

Remember both brands belongs to the same company and they both are  serviced by the same Service Centre with equal craftsmanship and attention  to details.

The choice is yours.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

Offline everardchin

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »
I agree, both are good brands.
Anyway, I still prefer Rolex :D

Offline koryong

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 05:05:21 PM »
I have not met anyone who has ever regretted buying a Rolex instead of a Tudor .... my humble opinion  ;)

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2018, 05:16:36 PM »
I have not met anyone who has ever regretted buying a Rolex instead of a Tudor .... my humble opinion  ;)

Lol, you nailed it. You never actually owned a Rolex sports timepiece, you're merely baby-sitting it for a fee for the next buyer.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2018, 08:01:35 PM »
I would say buy what you like. It’s your watch after all. In Malaysia most general public would still think Tudor is a poor man’s Rolex or they would comment as no value retention etc.

Based on my experience I like my Tudor as much as I like my Rolex. Tudor build quality is very good and worth the value you paid for.

~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline cooper28

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2018, 08:32:13 PM »
I personally think Rolex is better than Tudor in terms of resale value. For daily wear and for any occasion, Tudor is fine.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2018, 09:20:48 PM »
In Malaysia most general public would still think Tudor is a poor man’s Rolex or they would comment as no value retention etc.

Based on my experience I like my Tudor as much as I like my Rolex. Tudor build quality is very good and worth the value you paid for.

I see the arguments going to and fro, probably because the question was worded wrongly right from the start. Rolex and Tudor does not have similar sports watches in the same price bracket. Tudor was created to cater to a market that would be attracted to its more affordable entry price, along with more contemporary design and varieties in materials used; whom could be groomed to upgrade to Rolex given time and higher disposable income. I mean, take the RM15k Pelagos and compare to to the RM35k SubDate; and Pelagos owners could argue that it has deeper WR, titanium construction, came with both bracelet and rubber strap (Rolex owners have to pay RM1k for the RubberB), and an in-house movement unlike the basic ETA days. All boiling to the value-for-monies arguments. They are simply marketed to the different crowd.

Just as Oris diver watch owners would argue for the same, against the Tudor's.

Look at the discounts associated with both these brands. If you were a casual customer, you could walk into an AD and ask for discount on a SubDate and be laughed at. Similarly, ask for a discount on the in-house movement Pelagos and you get 15% if they intend to move the stock. In fact, Cortina recently did a clearance on the ETA-based Pelagos at massive discounts. You could see lots of owners flipping it thereafter in the market, and all the warranty cards would be from Cortina.

If Tudor could control its ADs from giving out outrageous discounts to move the stock, then it may gain a sounder footing in the mid-level luxury watch market. Just see what Omega did in taking back the brand from the external ADs, and now in stricter control on its discount policies. It is now moving up-market.

In both their differing price points, both Rolex and Tudor are great watches. You just can't compare an apple to an orange, and say that one of them is better than the other, right?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:22:33 PM by D'Andy »
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
In Malaysia most general public would still think Tudor is a poor man’s Rolex or they would comment as no value retention etc.

I see the arguments going to and fro, probably because the question was worded wrongly right from the start. Rolex and Tudor does not have similar sports watches in the same price bracket. Tudor was created to cater to a market that would be attracted to its more affordable entry price, along with more contemporary design and varieties in materials used; whom could be groomed to upgrade to Rolex given time and higher disposable income. I mean, take the RM15k Pelagos and compare to to the RM35k SubDate; and Pelagos owners could argue that it has deeper WR, titanium construction, came with both bracelet and rubber strap (Rolex owners have to pay RM1k for the RubberB), and an in-house movement unlike the basic ETA days. All boiling to the value-for-monies arguments. They are simply marketed to the different crowd.

Just as Oris diver watch owners would argue for the same, against the Tudor's.

Look at the discounts associated with both these brands. If you were a casual customer, you could walk into an AD and ask for discount on a SubDate and be laughed at. Similarly, ask for a discount on the in-house movement Pelagos and you get 15% if they intend to move the stock. In fact, Cortina recently did a clearance on the ETA-based Pelagos at massive discounts. You could see lots of owners flipping it thereafter in the market, and all the warranty cards would be from Cortina.

If Tudor could control its ADs from giving out outrageous discounts to move the stock, then it may gain a sounder footing in the mid-level luxury watch market. Just see what Omega did in taking back the brand from the external ADs, and now in stricter control on its discount policies. It is now moving up-market.

In both their differing price points, both Rolex and Tudor are great watches. You just can't compare an apple to an orange, and say that one of them is better than the other, right?
Yup, you hit all the right button. They are for different target market. Look at all the ambassadors they are engaging now, look at the GMT they are churning out now. Its for the masses to buy before they upgrade. Which casual customer could ever walk in and walk out with a SS BLRO in the next 5 years?

BTW, I am not saying Tudor is a better watch than Rolex, I am saying its worth the value you're paying for. Don't expect a 15k watch to be better than a 35k watch right?

Sent from my P01V using Tapatalk

~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline koryong

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »
Maybe that was ML's intention in the first place  ;) ... ask a vague question and get everyone throwing in their views ... some more passionately than others.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2018, 04:14:00 PM »
Tudor vs Rolex
1. Movement : ETA/unpublished Rolex movement vs Rolex.
2. Material : 316L SS vs 904 SS / Gold.
3. Price : Tudor is about 3x lower than Rolex.
4. Accuracy : overall performance in normal and extremely harsh environment, Rolex is better than Tudor.
5. Model/Design Changes: Fast vs Slower.
6. Ambassador: David Beckham/Lady Gaga (Young and Pop) vs Ana Inanovic/Anoushka Shankar/Placido Domingo (Mature, beautiful and classic)

Well , trying to summarize all relevant points to ease the buying decision - Tudor vs Rolex !   :laugh:

Offline kukujiao

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »
it is a Camry and Lexus

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 04:42:44 AM »
Tudor is owned by Rolex (correct me if i am wrong) so its a quality watch. But the designs veer more towards the younger crowd. So it really depends which design you like :). Oh yeah, and the resale ain't comparable to Rolex  :Cheers:

Offline kukujiao

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 11:04:03 AM »
when they are selling a GMT under usd4,000, how bad can the resale be?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline kk72

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 09:15:21 PM »
Rolex for sure  :thumbsup:

Offline lovemywatch

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 12:00:31 AM »
my wrist is abt 57/58mm, so for me, its pretty hard to get a suitable Rolex unless go for Deepsea 44mm or SD 43mm but that is over what im willing to spend. After trying the Tudor Pelagos with 42mm, started to love the watch, & the price tag is anytime below 20k. so try both if you can afford both.

Offline sclai5675

• Freshie
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2018, 09:47:52 PM »
Both are good watches. I would prefer Rolex!

Offline ChrisChong

• Freshie
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2018, 06:34:30 PM »
Rolex !!! :)

Offline fireken

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2018, 11:17:18 PM »
Both are good watch from same parent company (Rolex) with different target market.

The dilemma is when you own a Tudor, it can somehow influence you to own Rolex in the future. The model more or less the same with different price range. This is how good the marketing strategy. But end game would always be Rolex.

Conclusion: if you could direct buy for Rolex, it would be better.
However, if you decide to buy for Tudor, it allow you to appreciate other watch or branch within the price range. It is a WIS journey. As most i know once they have Rolex, they rarely or seldom go/look back. They will only go higher.

Offline craftedseries

• Freshie
  • Bicycles fascinate me
    • Life
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2018, 12:44:41 AM »
Tudor but then again it's personal preference. Design and style and all, it all depends on the person!

Offline firewire

• Freshie
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 04:26:29 PM »
Tudor is owned by Rolex but it isn't a Rolex. I feel there is no comparison as Rolex and Tudor has totally different target market.

In my opinion if you already owned a Rolex but like Tudor there is no harm owning both brands.

After all there people only have good things to say about Tudor company.

Offline Olkuu0205

• GLORIOUS TIMEPIECE GTC 8 STUDIO (JR0140366-M)
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2018, 05:23:14 PM »
Bump for Rolex haha!

A GENUINE WATCH COLLECTOR