Author Topic: IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince 327004  (Read 7220 times)

Offline pwfoon

IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince 327004
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:08:20 PM »
Hi, what are your thoughts about this watch? Appreciate your comments.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince 327004
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:44:56 PM »
Nice blue dial. Go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 07:40:23 AM »
Hi, what are your thoughts about this watch? Appreciate your comments.
This is a wonderful watch. I love the Santoni strap and it really is a very versatile watch. The brown of the strap is casual, smart. But it is not for everyday wear. So I switch it between a black alligator from my 3717. The 3717 has a 21mm lug width, but it fits. I have somehow come to prefer the watch with the black alligator strap as it makes the watch look more "classic" and the blue of the dial is more subdued.

This watch is just the right size. Unlike the mark XVII which was 41mm, which I felt was too big and the Mark XVI which is a little difficult to procure as not many would want to part with it. I love 40mm as this is the sweet spot for me. I have very puny six and a half inch wrists and anything more than 40mm would have the lugs hanging off the sides of my wrist.

I chose the leather strap version over the steel bracelet version of this watch because I feel that this watch is meant to be on leather. I have previously owned the pilot chrono 3706 and 3717 respectively. I have bought both the previous references in steel and a leather bracelet separately. And I always ended up wearing them on leather more than anything else.

So to this Mark XVIII LPP version, it is no different, it really looks much better in a leather strap. And the fact that it comes in a brown leather strap makes it more distinctive. I wear it with my jeans and t-shirt. I wear it with a shirt and tie and also Bermudas and polo shirt. I just goes with everything.

The blue really looks great under the sun. And the date aperture is in white, while the black dial version has a black date aperture. It really depends on what your preference is. I just feel that this is one watch that I can keep for a long long time to come. Good luck and I hope you get one soon.

Cheers
Patrick

Offline kukujiao

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 09:51:57 AM »
Very pretty!

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Offline pwfoon

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 06:28:57 PM »
Hi Patrick, thank you for sharing. I am all excited to have this watch. Just want to know how is the accuracy? Tq.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 10:51:21 PM »
Hi Patrick, thank you for sharing. I am all excited to have this watch. Just want to know how is the accuracy? Tq.
Accuracy of a watch is really a lucky draw. Sometimes you get a real accurate one which is plus, minus one or two seconds a day. Or it may be up to five to six seconds. Mine is two seconds fast a day. Which is well within COSC standards. Even within the grand Seiko standard. Then again, the movement is a very reliable workhorse from ETA. So that being said, I would not worry too much. It should perform flawlessly out of the box.

Offline pwfoon

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 04:35:23 AM »
Thank you Patrick. I am still new to mechanical watch. Still have a lot more to learn from Sifus.

Offline jonyeoh94

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 04:28:34 PM »
Did they make a version of this with an in-house movement?

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »
Did they make a version of this with an in-house movement?
No. Mark series are all with ETA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk