Author Topic: Rolex Explorer Blackout  (Read 2885 times)

Offline aazmil

Rolex Explorer Blackout
« on: September 08, 2012, 06:31:19 AM »
Have you guys seen one being offered for sale in M'sia? If yes, do you know how much it cost? From what I gathered, this Explorer watch was produced with black tritium markers instead of white (a mistake by Rolex) and is extremely rare. It was in production for only 6 months (circa 1990-1991). Very interested of getting one if the price is reasonable...

Offline Godzillaz

Re: Rolex Explorer Blackout
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
If it's extremely rare. How reasonable can the price be? There was one sold for RM40k but that's almost 5 years ago. I don't know what's the market price now.

Regard
Tyler

Offline aazmil

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 06:59:56 PM »
Tyler, thanks for the info! Wow, 40K is way to steep for me! I thought I read somewhere that one was sold at Antiquorum for about USD 4K+ several years ago, so I estimated that the price would be around 15-20K now. Anything beyond that, looks like I have to give this a pass.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
If you are thinking along that price range then it would be one that doesn't comes with box and paper. Only the watch. I saw one sold last year in HK for USD 6K.

Regards
Tyler

Tyler, thanks for the info! Wow, 40K is way to steep for me! I thought I read somewhere that one was sold at Antiquorum for about USD 4K+ several years ago, so I estimated that the price would be around 15-20K now. Anything beyond that, looks like I have to give this a pass.