Author Topic: Going to Singapore on a day trip  (Read 3478 times)

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
Going to Singapore on a day trip
« on: December 19, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
Hi everyone, I'll be going to Singapore on a day trip to get my boxes from Lange. In the mean time, I was thinking about visiting a few watch shops.

I've been to Singapore once in my life before. And that was for work training so I didn't really have the time to visit the horological scene there. Any tips on where to go? Which shops?

I'll be on a day trip so I'll have to cover a lot of ground in the minimum amount of time.

Thanks.

Adam
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Going to Singapore on a day trip
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:46:26 AM »
Orchard will suffice.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:50:10 AM »
Depends on what you intend to look at. For me, I love pre-owned watches hence I would head to Far East Plaza at Orchard Road when I am in Singapore.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 11:11:13 AM »
Apparently the Lange boutique and Christie's Office are both at 501 Orchard Road, Wheelock Place. So I'll go there first. Then maybe head off to the preowned shops at Far East Plaza?

I'm looking to consign my Saxonia. I guess a preowned shop would be ideal. Passions told me that I could consign my watch at their Singapore branch. But their shop is at the Fullerton Hotel which is a little out of the way.

From my online research, I've found a few Singaporean online watch shops that seem quite good - Chuan Watch, Passions, GR Luxury.

Any of them I should check out? Any other good ones?

Thanks again
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline Timeless

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 08:18:57 AM »
perhaps hobbylink in far east plaza, quite an impressive inventory during my last visit