Author Topic: Seeking Information for IWC  (Read 2565 times)

Offline AbbasHabshee

Seeking Information for IWC
« on: July 22, 2016, 09:18:07 AM »
Hi there fellow members!

Im seeking to know how much is the cost for a complete overhaul for IWC Ingenieur ?
Mine is the Ref. 3227 with simple 3 hands and a date function.

How long does it takes for a complete overhaul?

Does the complete overhaul includes the polishing service as well?

How's IWC polishing ? Is it that good to clear up some minor dents and scratches? ( making the watch look as good as new again )

How about the cost of a new strap? How much does it cost? Saw one Ingenieur Ref 3227 on WUS having something like kevlar strap with white stitching and IWC pin buckle. That strap caught my eye since i first saw it on picture and makes me want to get it since the bracelet/strap changing for Ingenieur is really convenient.

Would be grateful to get answers from you guys  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:22:34 AM by AbbasHabshee »

Offline AbbasHabshee

Re: Seeking Information for IWC
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 04:39:52 PM »
Any answers from IWC sifus here? I know some members here are very particular with IWC  :D

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:41:32 AM »
Any sifus here to share? I have an Ingenieur and am thinking to send it for a service since it has not been serviced since I bought it. The original strap is badly wore.  :Blue:

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »
I am by no means expert but will share what I know.

Last I check for the complete service,  total overhaul of the watch can cost anywhere between USD500-USD1000, varies depending on models. Even though the 3227 is a basic 3 hand watch with date but is still an in-house movement and should only be serviced in Schaffhausen.

The complete overhaul totally polishes the case and provide laser treatment if necessary to bring it back to a showroom condition watch.

It may take as long as 3 months until you get your watch back with 2 years guarantee.

I think it is still best for your to take the watch to an IWC boutique to get a proper cost estimates and more accurate turnaround time.

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »

Last I check for the complete service,  total overhaul of the watch can cost anywhere between USD500-USD1000, varies depending on models. Even though the 3227 is a basic 3 hand watch with date but is still an in-house movement and should only be serviced in Schaffhausen.

The complete overhaul totally polishes the case and provide laser treatment if necessary to bring it back to a showroom condition watch.

It may take as long as 3 months until you get your watch back with 2 years guarantee.

I think it is still best for your to take the watch to an IWC boutique to get a proper cost estimates and more accurate turnaround time.

Thanks bro. At the end of the day, these are the cost associated with our expensive hobby and enthusiasm. So, better be saved for it when we have excess money. haha...

Offline AbbasHabshee

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 11:46:06 AM »

This helps me very much and many thanks for the info! Much appreciated :)