Author Topic: Bell & Ross Strap issue  (Read 6213 times)

Offline 0501024

Bell & Ross Strap issue
« on: September 29, 2015, 06:23:56 PM »
Hi Guys,

I recently bought my dream watch. Not a Panerai or Patek, but just a humble BR03-92 golden heritage.

the leather strap that came with it is too big, so i swapped it over to the velcro.

I asked if there was any place that sells the original straps, or aftermarket ones, so long as they were smaller than the originals.

I was told by two different people, apparently there are three sizes for BR straps : standard, extra long and extra short. Apparently we can tell the salesperson which size we want, then they will change accordingly.

My questions are:
1) Is it true there are three different strap sizes?
2) Is it true we can choose our strap size during purchase?
3) Any recommendations where I can find a replacement strap, but able to fit smaller wrists?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Offline KimmJio

• Freshie
Re: Bell & Ross Strap issue
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 08:47:31 PM »
First and foremost welcome here  :D

I've actually been through the same cycle as you recently as i just bought my wife a BR03-92, only to realise that the rubber strap is too long for her. And i called up B&R boutique in Singapore and in KL to enquire. So here are my answers to your questions:

1) For original B&R rubber straps, yes there are only 3 sizes - extra short, standard and extra long.

2) You can only choose the size of strap if you purchase it from the boutique itself. If u purchase from AD or retailer, most likely they won't be able to let u choose your strap size. And that usually means the watch is most likely to be fitted with the standard sized strap.

3) If you want a replacement strap, there are plenty of aftermarket options. But to get a rubber strap that is short in length but 24mm in lug size is not easy. I'm also unable to find 3rd party rubber straps that is short in length but 24mm in lugs (BR01 & 03 are 24mm lugs). I think the logic is because given 24mm lugs, it means that the watch is not small. So likelihood of the wrist being a men's wrist is more than a lady's wrist. So standard size fits an average man's wrist.
I would suggest you can look around online and see if there are straps maker who customizes straps. But my findings are such straps maker that do customization are usually doing for leather only.

Well, that's all from me. Perhaps you can find something that i can't, let me know by then too. Enjoy your watch and wear it in good health. :)

Offline 0501024

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:51:12 PM »
Hey yo thanks for the reply!

Really insightful answers. I was told I could make a trip to FJ benjamin office and place order for the extra short straps there.

Though of course that means $$$.

Maybe Ill stick to velcro for a while haha

Offline Timeless

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
I experienced similar situation before, but custom strap maker solved my problem

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:52:01 PM »
If you're looking for rubber, you'd probably be better off buying from boutique; I remember they're about RM4xx. If leather, there are plenty of aftermarket ones available. I've seen some Gunny straps, which are pretty good quality.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator

Offline 0501024

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 03:40:05 PM »
@ck77  Wow thanks buddy!!
Are these the smaller ones? As in shorter than the standard size straps?
Other wise i will end up same problem :(

@r3kahsttub familiar ur name. on LYN too ? where did you see the gunny straps? is there like a shop or something?

@femann yea really annoying when the watch slides around lol
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:41:54 PM by 0501024 »

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 04:02:43 PM »
Yes, also on LYN. A mate of mine actually bought a couple of Gunny straps; had the chance to look-see-feel on his Pam and B&R and I was quite impressed (they don't seem to look as good in pics on the Gunny site). No shop, he bought them online. But I've emailed Peter before, and he is quick to respond, and I've only read of good things about him.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 04:16:14 PM »
Is custom made. You may contact mwf for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 0501024

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 04:30:31 PM »
@ r3kah oh cool. do you happen to have the website for gunny?
@ck77 thanks man ill contact mwf

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 03:01:34 AM »

@ r3kah oh cool. do you happen to have the website for gunny?
@ck77 thanks man ill contact mwf

PM'ed you the link

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline 0501024

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 07:27:14 PM »
Got it thanks man.

Update : temporarily solved issue by exchanging oversized strap with smaller ones with the HQ

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 08:07:21 PM »
becareful when you buy BR strap
many maker made unfit strap out there.

Offline EvolutionZ

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »
it comes with a nato strap that is too short...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 01:52:24 PM »
it comes with a nato strap that is too short...

i love the original velcro very much, so comfortably wrapping around my wrist and its durable!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 09:40:51 AM »

Black
Orange
Military green

All good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk