Author Topic: High end brand, low end service in KL  (Read 27690 times)

Offline JPSP

Re: High end brand, low end service in KL
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »
well actually, I've had positive experience with IWC boutique, JLC boutique (both located at Starhill) and an AD at KLCC

similarly, I've had bad experience with an AD in Paragon Singapore and I no longer step into their shop.

cheers

james

Offline swleong

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2014, 08:10:46 AM »
Can someone please send me a list of all the shops / ADs / boutiques which have unfriendly sales staff who refuse to take out watches so that you guys can try them on? Because these are the shops I truly prefer. The last thing I want is to buy a watch which others have molested with their probably unhygienic hands leaving all sort of scratches, DNAs and saliva.

Want respect? Feel insecure with the way people look at you when you are wearing only a Casio or Timex or in Bermudas? Just throw a bag (like the one Santa uses) of hard solid cash on the table the minute you walk in. That should solve the problem. Welcome to the real world.
bro... you make sense :thumbsup:

with that logic, we probably need both lists. Try out watches at the 'friendly' stores, and buy watches at the 'unfriendly' stores.

thus will make all stores becoming 'unfriendly' in order to make sales?  :Blue:

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:07 AM »
In fact, I couldn’t be bothered their poor service as long as if they can give me a big discount.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline kenji1903

• My travel blog :P
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2014, 08:53:18 AM »
In fact, I couldn’t be bothered their poor service as long as if they can give me a big discount.  :Laughing_on_floor:
you make sense too :Cheers:

but its not easy to proceed to getting them to give you a big discount when the initial service is bad ???

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2014, 09:02:43 AM »
I feel its more with looks. Pretty people will always have an upper hand when it comes to things like job opportunity, service received and receiving assistance.

Pretty people can dress however they want and still get things going their way.

because pretty people knows they are pretty and naturally the confidence comes. This leaves insecure small people like me needing nice accessories aka haute horology to compensate for the insecurity. Not that I'm complaining.

In my point of view, it's not about being pretty sort of thing. It's more like what your inner self a.k.a aura that attracts the salesperson...there are pretty/handsome + ridiculously rich people out there but still they don't get the best service they wanted. It's all about being classy without overdoing it or lack of it (money can't buy class)! Just be yourself and tht will be fine...if they still give you bad service, it's their problem not ours  :Dancing_banana: and you can save the money at other AD's that will treat u like ROYAL!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:04:15 AM by gucciposh »
Of course women don't work as hard as men cos they always get it right for the first time :-p

Offline dpkong

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2014, 09:36:38 AM »

My friend,

When you think like that, you appear to be harbouring an inferiority complex.... or is that just pure sarcasm?

I was just being sarcastic, but seriously cannot tahan attitude of sa at some of the AD and boutique.

I'm sure there are impulse buyers, whereby if presented with the chance to handle the watch they would buy. I have seen with my eyes how easy it was with my wifey when it comes to bags. Just a slight push from sa, she goes all weak and minutes later.... A new bag on her arm.

That's what happens when you let her have a high (or no) limit supplementary card..... I sign, you pay.

:Laughing_on_floor:

Offline manSubmariner

• Freshie
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »
haha I thought u guys know the story, expected someone to continue for me.

...and then he said "you think just because I dress like this I'm poor?"  :Scolding: . He went out, came in with 2 body guards  :police:. Asked again for the sales person to show him watches. He took 2, pass to his guards, and told them to smash it. So the guards dropped it on the floor and stomped it to smithereens  :Jumping: . Then the guards paid for each one they destroyed.  :Startled: And they left. The guy is a billionaire from Malaysia  :Laughing_on_floor:
The sales person i heard, kena taruh by boss la what else  :HammerHead:
now in HK they don't look down on people who dress shabbily anymore. or maybe

Walaauuwehh so gaya this guy :)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:34 PM »

...and then he said "you think just because I dress like this I'm poor?"  :Scolding: . He went out, came in with 2 body guards  :police:. Asked again for the sales person to show him watches. He took 2, pass to his guards, and told them to smash it. So the guards dropped it on the floor and stomped it to smithereens  :Jumping: . Then the guards paid for each one they destroyed.  :Startled: And they left. The guy is a billionaire from Malaysia  :Laughing_on_floor:

If it was true, what a self-centred person. If he had so much money, go do some charity...

Offline ezza88

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »
I went to AP Boutique at starhill with shorts, at first the guard look at me first, still decide want to let me in or not.. :HammerHead:

Later only open the door and the lady comes out and she keep looking at my wrist make me feel unconfortable. That time i was getting a strap from them.

hey bro, mind share how much does it cost you for that AP strap?

Offline ti64

• Freshie
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2014, 10:39:05 PM »
Hi guys.
I have been reading this thread with stories of how a sales person treated someone who walked in a shop wearing shabby cloths, how they look down at the fella etc...

I have met shallow ppl like that before who looked down at everyone not dressed nicely. But when i come to think about it, and reading the Malaysian billionaire story, i cant really understand why would someone want to dress like a beggar and walked into a shop that sells expensive stuffs unless the person just got robbed or he/ she lost his cloth somewhere and got caught in some sort of weird situation, thats justifiable. But if this person deliberately do it just to see if the salesperson will look down on him or not... I think this billionaire prob just came from rag to riches, or he is just lack of self confidence he wanted to proof to himself that he is a billionaire. Seriously you cant blame a shop to ban entrance as this person may as well be a crazy beggar trying to do some crazy stuff in the shop and disrupt business. If i own or work in the shop i will also not allow myself to enter the shop or look down on myself if i dress like a beggar trying to enter.

On the other hand, yea it is damn uncomfortable when a sales person keep staring at your wrist looking for your watch.

To conclude my point, we dress up proper for different occasions, and this is to respect others. Its like you dont go to your friend wedding dinner in a singlet and short, thats for the beach and its not respectful to your friend. Its the same when you walked into a highend shop. You should at least dress decently to respect the shop and the other people in the shop and then you will be respected by others..

Hope i didnt offend anyone here, especially the billionaire.  :angel:

Thanks

Offline betahulu1

• Freshie
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2014, 06:49:42 AM »
ti64,
Well said and justified.Could not agree more..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Live your life best....no regrets!

Offline sari

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »
Has anyone try to call all this AD to do house call? If I am a "someone" I will definitely ask them to come to my place to demo and details their staffs. :Laughing_on_floor:
Anyway bad service is everywhere, in restaurant, HiFi shop, TNB, etc...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2014, 08:50:53 PM »
Has anyone try to call all this AD to do house call? If I am a "someone" I will definitely ask them to come to my place to demo and details their staffs. :Laughing_on_floor:

insurance gonna cover that?
I doubt if no insurance, AD will want to bring the watches out from shop

How many pieces u want to carry?

How about once u decided to buy, sales man might not able to adjust bracelet for u...

N if u keen to buy a watch, I don't see a reason that u can't go to shop...

Offline windstruckk

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2014, 11:09:37 PM »

insurance gonna cover that?
I doubt if no insurance, AD will want to bring the watches out from shop

How many pieces u want to carry?

How about once u decided to buy, sales man might not able to adjust bracelet for u...

N if u keen to buy a watch, I don't see a reason that u can't go to shop...
Some very wealthy people don't go shopping. The latest models will be brought to their house for them to try.
Of cuz the necessary equipment are brought over too.

I know one person who can't even have meetings out of his hotel room for being afraid of being kidnap, even with bodyguards around.

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2014, 06:30:14 PM »
If one were to be genuinely interested in a particular watch or browsing with a serious intent to buy, the AD treatment would, not should, correspond with that said interest and intent.

Like all vendors, the ADs are wary and weary of "tire kickers" who waste their time especially with higher end time pieces. I am guilty of being an occasional tire kicker myself and got the cold service I deserved.

I do think the judging-from-appearance service accorded is more a fallacy than a fact. I mean would any sane salesperson, except for the very duh, want to risk a commission driven sale just because the potential customer is not "dressed to the nines?"

So if I have not been served up to my expectations, it's more like the salesperson didn't consider I am serious and/or genuine enough to merit his/her undivided attention. Thus in that light if I were to drive up to a Naza showroom in a battered Wira to check out the 458 Speciale with a well trained eye and much gusto to buy, I can be sure the regal service would quickly follow.

Above said, how well one holds oneself is always an advantage to get what one wants for almost anything in life even in a benign situation of simply wanting a subservient service for a Casio purchase lol.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2014, 07:11:02 PM »
If one were to be genuinely interested in a particular watch or browsing with a serious intent to buy, the AD treatment would, not should, correspond with that said interest and intent.

Like all vendors, the ADs are wary and weary of "tire kickers" who waste their time especially with higher end time pieces. I am guilty of being an occasional tire kicker myself and got the cold service I deserved.

I do think the judging-from-appearance service accorded is more a fallacy than a fact. I mean would any sane salesperson, except for the very duh, want to risk a commission driven sale just because the potential customer is not "dressed to the nines?"

So if I have not been served up to my expectations, it's more like the salesperson didn't consider I am serious and/or genuine enough to merit his/her undivided attention. Thus in that light if I were to drive up to a Naza showroom in a battered Wira to check out the 458 Speciale with a well trained eye and much gusto to buy, I can be sure the regal service would quickly follow.

Above said, how well one holds oneself is always an advantage to get what one wants for almost anything in life even in a benign situation of simply wanting a subservient service for a Casio purchase lol.

wow... OT but your short lecture reminded me of The Architect in the Matrix..... :)

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 08:20:41 AM »
But am an architect lol.....

Offline jason_recliner

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2014, 08:52:32 AM »

What an arsehole (are we allowed to say that here)?

If I saw that happen I would probably walk into the store and 'accidentally' bump into him, knock him to the ground, and then lay the boot in to his kidneys once or twice. Then spit on him while he's down there.  Accidentally.  I can be very clumsy!

As was said above, if you have that much cash, instead of wasting it there are SOOOO many needy people out there who could use a helping hand.

Offline Smaug

• Freshie
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2014, 06:47:30 AM »
I have no problem getting my Breguet from the Boutique. Of cause I wear accordingly. No pagoda shirt, slippar and short

Offline adrian_fai

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 09:30:22 AM »
There are so many staffs in one store. If one is unfriendly try another one. Until u tried all still not feeling happy, then u can ban this AD  :Laughing_on_floor:
Good day everyone ;)