Author Topic: Purchasing watch en masse  (Read 3379 times)

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
Purchasing watch en masse
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:53:01 PM »
From the polls by forum's mods.
There were a lot of purchase of luxury watches in 2012. Assuming half of them were purchased new from AD, wouldn't it be advisable to do an en masse purchase with the forum mods leading the way.

1) this will assist mwf members with obtaining the best discount possible from chosen AD. We will have quantity and hopefully better discounts.

2) this will help improve the standing and importance of this forum/group. Maybe able to get freebies and sponsorship for web hosting of this site in future. ;D

Maybe the mods can categorize the brands and set purchase dates for each brand. We then can fill up our details and specific watch wanted.

We can virtually have a gtg monthly on purchasing day. E.g. Rolex in January, AP in February, IWC in march, etc....

Can it be that simple?  ???

Offline Peiseh

Re: Purchasing watch en masse
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:46:11 AM »
I think its a good idea to group up and purchase watches.
However, watch choices just like men's EDT are very personalised. Not everyone would like to have the same watch or EDT as the next person. So, purchasing of watch em masse may not work if its just for a particular one or two models.
However, if there's any new launches etc., MWF members can be invited to attend and at the same time given special discounts on the ranges of watches at the AD. Past models with higher discounts, then new or current ones, for example.

MWF may also want these ADs to sponsor the this forum (if there's non-yet to do so).

Yes, a wish list can be created with the administrators so that they could compile it and select the ADs that MWF could work with.
By the way, good job on the forum maintenance, Admin..!

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 03:04:35 PM »
good idea, so when is the designated month for IWC? :p

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 07:02:03 AM »
Guys !

thank you for the suggestion!

so far the forum is running at lost! yeah, no income at all! thats why an online store has been set up.

we do receive calls from brands! we always wish to maintain the forum stay neautral on brand. we do wish brand to sponsor us and tell us need not just push my brand !
and brand give us watches to review and tell us need not just write the positive thing and not a single negative thing !

we always believe the more the members, especially the active one, with the traffic increase, we have more say!
in the end, we knew
rolex will not border to give you more discount no matter how many of us say we wanted to buy together, but we do know where to get better discount after knowing so many ppl in the industry, you can always pm me for that !

yes - group purchase is actually workable for certain brand, but problem is we do not have the number to bargain, if today we have 10 mwf members wanna buy a brand XXX with ready money, i shall ring the brand boutique manager for an appointment !

who ever looking for watch, do not know where to source, how to find a better deal, you can post for your question on where, for discount you can pm those senior members, mods.... or even myself!

Offline Jules Vega

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 04:47:27 PM »
Guys !

so far the forum is running at lost! yeah, no income at all! thats why an online store has been set up.

we do receive calls from brands! we always wish to maintain the forum stay neautral on brand. we do wish brand to sponsor us and tell us need not just push my brand !
and brand give us watches to review and tell us need not just write the positive thing and not a single negative thing !

we always believe the more the members, especially the active one, with the traffic increase, we have more say!
in the end, we knew
rolex will not border to give you more discount no matter how many of us say we wanted to buy together, but we do know where to get better discount after knowing so many ppl in the industry, you can always pm me for that !

yes - group purchase is actually workable for certain brand, but problem is we do not have the number to bargain, if today we have 10 mwf members wanna buy a brand XXX with ready money, i shall ring the brand boutique manager for an appointment !

who ever looking for watch, do not know where to source, how to find a better deal, you can post for your question on where, for discount you can pm those senior members, mods.... or even myself!

I guess quantity counts in some instances . From what I can see MWF ' s second watch is a prime example. 

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »
Guys !

in the end, we knew

May I suggest;
1. charging merchant a yearly fees for posting their watches.
2. charging a small fee for individual sales from forumers.(I don't mind paying.)
3. encouraging donations from forumers.(any amount,I'm sure with all the members here who can afford thousands for their watches,it will be ashamed if we can't support this site where the moderators worked for free.We wouldn't want the moderators to pay out of their pockets after all they have done.)

I want to start the ball rolling now.
The moderators have done a wonderful job for our enjoyment,it's not fair for them to also absorb the loss.
Write your name below and amount donated,starting with me.

ndtaan          rm50

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »
oh no.... thats not what i am expecting! pls dont Andy!

watches is part of our life... we are having fun for doing this!

more so we have already incorporated, having an office and a physical store set up as well!

as long as you guys support us the following way will do

1. do your best to contribute some quality post, lets all malaysian watch lover get to know more and get poisoned by watches.  :Dancing_banana:
2. dont create fights by attacking someone personally
3. share our forum to your friends and family
4. like and share our FB page and post

with more traffic, hopefully we can gain some sponsorship!

on the office cum watch store - consign your watches for sale, leave us your watches for repair, buy what ever you like, pm us your opinion about our store (+ve or -ve)

dont worry, we will work hard to make this forum alive

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
oh no.... thats not what i am expecting! pls dont Andy!

watches is part of our life... we are having fun for doing this!

more so we have already incorporated, having an office and a physical store set up as well!

as long as you guys support us the following way will do

1. do your best to contribute some quality post, lets all malaysian watch lover get to know more and get poisoned by watches.  :Dancing_banana:
2. dont create fights by attacking someone personally
3. share our forum to your friends and family
4. like and share our FB page and post

with more traffic, hopefully we can gain some sponsorship!

on the office cum watch store - consign your watches for sale, leave us your watches for repair, buy what ever you like, pm us your opinion about our store (+ve or -ve)

dont worry, we will work hard to make this forum alive

What FB page?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 11:09:08 PM »

What FB page?

Malaysia Watch Forum
facebook page