Author Topic: Re-lume  (Read 28691 times)

Offline derick93

• Freshie
Re: Re-lume
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »
Is there such a thing as re-lume a watch? Planning to revive the lume of an old vintage. Nothing fancy or tritium, and watch from a company that's no longer exist nor remembered, thus sending back to factory is not an option.

Looking for the cheapest option too, as watch is dead cheap, not worth spending big money restoring it. I'll even take DIY as an option.  :angel:

Anyone have experience or knowledge of where/how this can be done?

Sidenote for mods: Not sure where to put this thread, if not apropriate, please move it accordingly.

I will not suggest you to DIY it as you will spoiled the waterproof. :Startled: :Startled: :Startled:

Offline 2Dragon

• Freshie
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2019, 03:53:47 PM »
Please just let it be..

Offline vince78

• Freshie
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2020, 11:45:43 AM »
speaking of lume , does any member here has any idea...if you were to buy a new watch , generally how long does the lume last say at least 80% of their lume brightness can last ? also does that mean if i buy a pre owned watch that is above 10 years old , i can expect that the lume no longer can be as bright as it was originally ? thank you

Offline dexson

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2020, 10:37:27 AM »
Tritium lume generally have a half life of 12.5 years. Means that the intensity of the lume will get to 50% of its fresh counterpart on its 12.5 birthday.

On the other hand, Phospholuminescent lume like superluminova, lumibrite, etc.. generally does not degrade over time. I have a 9  years old diver with superluminova still shining like a torch today.

Hope this helps !

Offline Walllee18

• Freshie
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2020, 06:19:28 AM »
As some of the MWF members have said, I personally would leave the watch dial as it be without re-luming it as I prefer the real vintage look of the watch