Author Topic: Ball Watch Collection  (Read 31498 times)

Offline Friedrice

• qui parle trop manque souvent
Re: Ball Watch Collection
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 08:52:21 AM »
Dude, the Fireman series was priced at RM1.5k before discount 5 years ago...

And Valjoux 7750 powered Balls were priced at RM4k...
Rolex datejust 16200
Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN
Omega Aqua Terra Co-Axial 8500
Omega seamaster co-axial GMT 2535.80
Omega speedmaster sapphire sandwich 3573.50
Breitling Avenger II GMT
Longines Legend Diver Date
Zenith 2532
Omega seamaster bumper 355
Tissot T-Touch expert
Ball engineer master ii diver
Ball trainmaster pulsemeter
Tag heuer aqua racer automatic

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »

I can confirmed that Fireman (leather strap) was price at RM2.4k before discount 5 years ago.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 11:44:04 AM »

rm1.5k before discount? fren, r u sure?

which 7750 ball priced at rm4k?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »
Five years ago when I was checking out watches, I remember Ball Chronograph already priced around 7k+ before discount. Should be Valjoux though... I would have jumped on it 5 years ago if it retails at 4k... not including discount sumore... and until today, I have yet to own a Ball watch...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 12:15:22 PM »
Sorry, I am not a sifu, nor expert in the watch, but I have been followed the price since 3 years ago, and never see such low price before even with discount. Are we talking about the same Ball watch?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Friedrice

• qui parle trop manque souvent
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
Yup, an old style Ball Trainmaster Pulsemeter (non-COSC) with SS bracelet only RM4,300. :) It was going for USD$1,000+ in 2005.. I got mine from the States. I paid cash for it so of course I remembered the price. The old style Fireman was priced at USD500 before a very generous discount (before Ball clamped down on it in the states). :)
Rolex datejust 16200
Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN
Omega Aqua Terra Co-Axial 8500
Omega seamaster co-axial GMT 2535.80
Omega speedmaster sapphire sandwich 3573.50
Breitling Avenger II GMT
Longines Legend Diver Date
Zenith 2532
Omega seamaster bumper 355
Tissot T-Touch expert
Ball engineer master ii diver
Ball trainmaster pulsemeter
Tag heuer aqua racer automatic

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 08:36:37 AM »
Is it cheaper to buy Ball watch in US as compare to here or SG even today?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
Yup, an old style Ball Trainmaster Pulsemeter (non-COSC) with SS bracelet only RM4,300. :) It was going for USD$1,000+ in 2005.. I got mine from the States. I paid cash for it so of course I remembered the price. The old style Fireman was priced at USD500 before a very generous discount (before Ball clamped down on it in the states). :)

that is in US..... 2005 conversion rate is different. US no need to pay tax? malaysia different price leh!!!

n if u compare the 2005 made 7750 power pulsemeter ball with today more than rm10k hydrocarbon spacemaster orbital
so there are many many improvement....
1. the hydrocarbon case is much more solid
2. the new crown protector
3. better wr
4. better am
5. better sr
6. new Amortiser© shock prevention lock
7. better bracelet
8. new n better bracelet clasp
9. new n better lume on rotatable bezel
10. more h3

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:03:22 AM by chrisyen »

Offline arki888

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »
hi. maybe you can try on oris, as the wide range of collection to choose from and i think next time u want to sell. also better then BALL.. ( personal opinion). i own oris 15 yrs ago and by now. if i want to sell it i can sell double the price. but i still like the watch as it my 1st watch.

Offline tankmojo

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »

At the end of the day, as it is often repeated in other topics in this forum, watch collecting/buying is very personalised and individualistic- buy what appeals to u.

As for the differrent price levels , to me it I am always of the view that its more a result of the manufacturer's branding/placement/marketing cost rather than anything else. I am a Ball fan and to me a 4k-5k Ball with an ETA base has a higher price/value ratio than some other heavily marketed/promoted or hypped to the max brand endorsed by some hollywood/sports star(who is paid to endorse it anyway) costing 10-20k or more.

And when it comes to servicing or replacing the mechanical parts down the line when the watch needs it, an established ETA base is probably  easier/cheaper to service than some exquisite in-house movement.

I just like to comment the above pointer has given me a good reason should opt for a BALL, tomorrow is the show casing in BSC, hope can get a nice piece there..

Offline Cocas

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 09:18:20 PM »
Hi all,

As a beginner in watch collecting i was wondering whether to start a ball watch collection?..Just want to ask the sifus out there is it worth the money spent on ball watches? Cos i have a friend who told me that its much better if i could save up my money and buy something more valuable such as a panerai or jaeger..

what do you guys think?

My first Ball is ohio moonphase then black mad cow and then just yesterday successfully got the thermometer mad cow... the next piece that i have been waiting for 3 years as of now is alligator 1000m.....

I never get tired with Ball and worse i get more addicted to it.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 09:32:08 PM »
Some photos sharing for my 3rd Ball

Offline spacewalker

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 11:21:56 PM »
Hi, Ball watches have a nice design and a lot of choice. But I wonder how safe is to use radioactive substance in the gas tube? I have a Luminox which is also use the similar tech.I had read some owner drop their watch and the gas tube broken. Does it do any bad effect to our health?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2016, 04:33:41 AM »
Hi, Ball watches have a nice design and a lot of choice. But I wonder how safe is to use radioactive substance in the gas tube? I have a Luminox which is also use the similar tech.I had read some owner drop their watch and the gas tube broken. Does it do any bad effect to our health?

You may find the answer at below link.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_illumination

If the tritium tube broken, try not to inhale or ingest the gas.

Offline asimo

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »
i used to owned 4-5 Ball watches in the past... i prefer something lighter...i find the Ball bracelet
very solid and heavy ...  the most comfortable Ball that i owned before is the Ball Firemen
(steel bracelet) with black dial ...  quite a nice watch ....that model has a smaller gas tube...
this is my first Ball watch, after seeing my friend's Quartz Ball Hydrocarbon... dont think they
have any quartz model nowadays..

i also owned a Firemen Night Train before (in leather ). don't really like the thick leather n the
green gas tube... (some models came with blue gas tube, which is nicer)..

anyway, the Ball watches hold values quite good... dont lose much when i flipped..few years ago...

Offline Cocas

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2016, 06:08:23 AM »

The thermometer test:  passed.

The hot shower test: passed.

Swimming test :  To be conducted.....

Offline Cocas

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 07:07:11 AM »

The thermometer test:  passed.

The hot shower test: passed.

Swimming test :  To be conducted.....

This is to confirm the swimming test and hot water shower test. Passed with full satisfactory :thumbsup:

Offline istick99

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2018, 12:14:35 PM »
One of the best lume watch, which they come with 25 years self lume by mirco tritium gas tube. Glow in dark. I owned ball master engineer aviator. High readability.