Author Topic: Omega 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Speedmaster Worth ?  (Read 5925 times)

Offline Chris

• Freshie
Omega 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Speedmaster Worth ?
« on: July 16, 2018, 10:04:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I was wondering how much does my watch worth ?

I bought in around 2007-2008, and was planning to let it go, will the price be better in future perspective ?

model ref: 311.30.42.30.01.001

I have full set including warranty card & the box, however the leather/PU inside the box were damaged due to age.

Thank you everyone for viewing and have a nice day !!

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Omega 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Speedmaster Worth ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 11:36:48 AM »
There is one selling in mxdah for 13.8k (watch only) but couldn't move.
Yours properly around that price.
Future value? Likely not, too many around (5957 pieces) and not so appealing to speedy fans.

Offline Chris

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 11:39:49 AM »
There is one selling in mxdah for 13.8k (watch only) but couldn't move.
Yours properly around that price.
Future value? Likely not, too many around (5957 pieces) and not so appealing to speedy fans.

Thanks for the information. Appreciate for the help =)
Guess I should just let it go around that price if it's possible to move

Offline spayre

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »
Hi everyone,

I bought in around 2007-2008, and was planning to let it go, will the price be better in future perspective ?

I have full set including warranty card & the box, however the leather/PU inside the box were damaged due to age.

you wore it before? cause NOS (New old Stock) is selling at RM 33k (taken from Chrono24 page)

Mind sharing how much you paid for it?

Offline Chris

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
Hi everyone,

you wore it before? cause NOS (New old Stock) is selling at RM 33k (taken from Chrono24 page)

Yea man wore it for about 2 years or so and then kept it and forgotten about it. I think I paid about Rm10k back then

Offline spayre

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 02:21:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

Yea man wore it for about 2 years or so and then kept it and forgotten about it. I think I paid about Rm10k back then

Carousell was selling at sgd 5k.. so your mileage might vary due to condition (case, crystal, strap, serial number, etc)... If you advertise direct (MWF or other sites), you would get a better price compared to going to shops (they need to pay staff salaries and also shop rental) but again, it is your decision.

Just my two cents here, Omega tends to produce limited numbers (mostly based on space stuff like Apollo mission, omega anniversaries, motor racing, etc). So if you can hold it longer, why not as generally limited numbers watch would pay off the initial investment. Sometimes it is also about the customer as to whether they are willing to pay extra if the limited watch means more to them (like snoopy for the snoopy collectors, ultraman, Apollo missions for space geeks, etc)

Offline Chris

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »
Hi everyone,

Carousell was selling at sgd 5k.. so your mileage might vary due to condition (case, crystal, strap, serial number, etc)... If you advertise direct (MWF or other sites), you would get a better price compared to going to shops (they need to pay staff salaries and also shop rental) but again, it is your decision.

Just my two cents here, Omega tends to produce limited numbers (mostly based on space stuff like Apollo mission, omega anniversaries, motor racing, etc). So if you can hold it longer, why not as generally limited numbers watch would pay off the initial investment. Sometimes it is also about the customer as to whether they are willing to pay extra if the limited watch means more to them (like snoopy for the snoopy collectors, ultraman, Apollo missions for space geeks, etc)

Thanks for all the information. Really appreciate it.
However, I just posted a sub no date for sale but moderator did not approve it I guess as it is gone from the page. So I had no idea where to sell it.
And yeah, I guess I will go to the bank and take it out from deposit box lol, didn't really see it in a few years already.

Offline spayre

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 02:49:34 PM »
Hi everyone,

However, I just posted a sub no date for sale but moderator did not approve it I guess as it is gone from the page. So I had no idea where to sell it.
And yeah, I guess I will go to the bank and take it out from deposit box lol, didn't really see it in a few years already.

been in your shoes but sometimes the mod need to talk more time to decide on your sales thread. so continue being active in the forum and hopefully mods will approve your sale thread.

Offline Chris

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 02:51:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

been in your shoes but sometimes the mod need to talk more time to decide on your sales thread. so continue being active in the forum and hopefully mods will approve your sale thread.

I guess that's the way to go !! Thanks for the help =)