Author Topic: Recommendations for first Rolex  (Read 14752 times)

Offline kk72

• Freshie
Re: Recommendations for first Rolex
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 02:08:15 PM »
Go for the Rolex GMT Master ii 116710LN

Offline chuahsky

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »
Oyster perpetual with white dial...

Offline irmavep23

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 01:16:20 PM »
if you do not plan to resell buy anything that you like. If you plan to resell.. gotta take more research. 

Offline Darkholer

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2018, 11:10:26 AM »
Sub C and gmt master ii is a must
I started mine with gmt 116710ln

Offline tayman

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2018, 02:32:12 PM »
Hi all, sorry cant help but to join this interesting topic. I was told by my sales manager, his sub no date increase value 20% annually. Could it be possible? His advise me to buy 1 preowned Rolex for keeping. Since i had tudor pelagos, I am very impressed by their build and feel of titanium. It is so soft. I plan to liquid my FD and put on one Rolex if it could give me at least 4% increase. He can take me to AD for a new Sub no date black dial anytime using his name to purchase but i feel preowned is much cheaper and have higher chance to profit.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2018, 01:13:25 PM »
I think it will depend what serving purposes of your 1st Rolex are?

Offline supergoola

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2018, 03:32:38 PM »
As a person who travel a lot, i bought my 1st GMT masterII.. it is still by far my fav watch. And the bazel eventhough i been twisiting it daily for the time zone. It is still clicking like new. But the downside is the bracelet is a bit easy to scracth

Offline ethan89

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2018, 09:21:27 AM »
It seem TS bought his first Rolex, 126331 Datejust 41mm, very good choice. It used the latest 3235 movement, and I believe your AD is more than happy to offer you any Submariner, explorer I/II or GMT master II next.

Offline sew2828

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »
Hi all sifus,

Need some recommendations on getting my first Rolex.. well, being my first, i completely know nuts about it.. still, always wanting to own a Rolex for good... am looking for something simple... maybe the Datejust.. however, probably will change it to leather strap, as bracelets not really my thing... any suggestions? And mind telling me the RSP for it as well.. thanks!

Edit: i should state my budget.. its about RM35k max.. don't mind pre-loved

Rolex Submariner Data Black. Definitely worth to be your first Rolex.

Offline flyingtoast

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 07:30:13 AM »
I’d honestly say go for an Explorer 214270. It’s very underrated and simple looking. If not go Sub 116610 or the no date counterpart 114060.

Regardless of what you choose, happy watch hunting and hope you’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline andy99

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 08:09:33 AM »
Submariner, GMT, or Explorer 2 will be a good first Rolex. And it could be your only Rolex and last a lifetime.

Offline phantom99

• Freshie
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 04:38:34 PM »
I think the 116900 Air King is a good candidate as 1st Rolex as its price is more approachable, and with some uniqueness.

Offline Stv77

• Freshie
  • Just in time
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2018, 01:23:51 PM »
rolex submarine first watch

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »
Hi all, sorry cant help but to join this interesting topic. I was told by my sales manager, his sub no date increase value 20% annually. Could it be possible? His advise me to buy 1 preowned Rolex for keeping. Since i had tudor pelagos, I am very impressed by their build and feel of titanium. It is so soft. I plan to liquid my FD and put on one Rolex if it could give me at least 4% increase. He can take me to AD for a new Sub no date black dial anytime using his name to purchase but i feel preowned is much cheaper and have higher chance to profit.

The “20% increase annually” is due to speculation and the “shortage of stainless steel sports Rolex”. I would rather keep my money in FD and have 21.8% interest in five years at 4% per annum with compound interest. At least it is liquid, and if I suddenly have a need for cash, it’s there...for a watch, you only get what you want if there is a willing buyer. No willing buyer, habis la...

Rolex is no big deal...just a watch. Buy if you have extra disposable income and should not be treated as an investment. Don’t know why and where people get notions that it’s an investment.

Offline junjun29

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2018, 09:13:49 AM »

The “20% increase annually” is due to speculation and the “shortage of stainless steel sports Rolex”. I would rather keep my money in FD and have 21.8% interest in five years at 4% per annum with compound interest. At least it is liquid, and if I suddenly have a need for cash, it’s there...for a watch, you only get what you want if there is a willing buyer. No willing buyer, habis la...

Rolex is no big deal...just a watch. Buy if you have extra disposable income and should not be treated as an investment. Don’t know why and where people get notions that it’s an investment.
Ya, too many uncertainty to buy a Rolex as investment.

You may buy if you really like to wear it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline jujju

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2018, 01:44:50 PM »
Go with what you like. I personally am a fan of the Submariners. Torn between the Black/Gold or Black Sub.

Offline keheng91

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2018, 07:48:29 PM »
Save budget for 2nd hand sub. And sell it to refund to a higher grade

Offline Henry T

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2018, 06:33:30 PM »
With a 35k budget you have just enough to buy the current no date Sub from flippers or grey market dealers.

This is the retail price plus a premium.

Very nice, no?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »
I'd go for an Explorer 1 or an oyster perpetual

Although, if you're open to other brands, an omega speedmaster at around 15k is really hard to beat
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2018, 04:45:16 PM »
I'd go for an Explorer 1 or an oyster perpetual

Although, if you're open to other brands, an omega speedmaster at around 15k is really hard to beat

I agree. Go for Explorer 1 or an oyster perpetual as your first Rolex. Definitely a keeper and one of the most versatile timepiece under the brand.
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com