Author Topic: Visit Basel World 2019  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Awee

Visit Basel World 2019
« on: March 28, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
Planning to make a trip to Basel World next year. Want to know if any of our members here have visited the fair before and to share their experience.

Also want to find out if it is open to public or only to trade visitors.

Lastly if there is any travel company in KL who can make all arrangement for the trip?

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline istick99

• Freshie
Re: Visit Basel World 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
Planning to make a trip to Basel World next year. Want to know if any of our members here have visited the fair before and to share their experience.

Also want to find out if it is open to public or only to trade visitors.

Lastly if there is any travel company in KL who can make all arrangement for the trip?

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good plan... for a serious watch collector. Maybe can workout with more affordable package.

Offline Ajas

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Not sure. Heard many comments that Basel is rather for journalist and press batches people,  rather than general public.
You may consider doing  some research online before you will make any travel reservations.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

Offline Kesharoo

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »
Hi,

I visited Baselworld many many years ago when it was still held with SIHH. Back then I only had to stay one night in Zurich to cover both events.

Presently, I believe that Baselworld is more a trade show than anything else. You will need to have trade or press credentials to rally see the watches. Another option is to go with watch forum groups. Quite a few of them arrange for this and you might be able to get a better reception with them and play with and see more watches.

In most cases you will be able to see watches at the display cabinets and nothing more. You may be able to collect brochures and press kits for souvenirs. Finally don't expect to be able to buy or order anything as a single customer.

Another point to note is that Basel becomes really expensive during this time, most hotels and restaurants jack up their prices. With the SFr being as strong as it is today expect the trip to hit your wallet quite a bit. You may choose to stay outside Basel and take the train in. They are fast and punctual.

Do a bit more research and you can make it a good trip with visits to watch museums etc. Have fun!

Offline dexson

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 06:23:42 AM »
Just to chip in something i've read , i believe bazel fair is open for media & retailers for the first couple of days and open to public at a price on the last day.

Offline Timeless

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 11:26:09 AM »
Try download free app of Baselworld for Apple and Android devices which includes exhibitor lists, detailed, zoomable 3D maps, and other valuable information etc.