Author Topic: Good Food JB  (Read 4982 times)

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
Good Food JB
« on: March 29, 2015, 11:12:21 AM »
Saw many good food threads here on MWF but sadly so far none about Johor Bahru (JB) good food. So I decided that since i'm a JB born and bred guy, should promote Good Food JB here, so that any members who come to JB can sample some of the good places to eat.  :thumbsup:

First up, Western Food.........

A recently opened western food restaurant, which I went to sample the lunch there. Its run by two very capable and friendly young men.

A very nice restaurant in very modern and chic interior design. Seating for two up to groups, its very flexible. The ambiance is great and conducive for business discussions and a place to wind down. Most impressive of all for me is the great pasta lunch, great service and great price, affordable for college students like me.

The house specialty is the handmade pizza, pasta and steak.

Do come to try this place out if you are ever in JB. Address at the end of the post.

I give it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And of course, some pictures of the food and a group shot of our lunch expedition members (my classmates  ;D )

My pasta bolognese

Wristshot including my friends pasta cabonara.

Lunch sampling expedition......  ;D ;D ;D

And the address:

RAW Pizza Steak Pasta

@ Taman Mount Austin
Open daily: 11am - 10.30pm

More places coming up....

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:00:46 PM by JeepWH »
Seiko fan.....

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
Re: Good Food JB
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:06:41 AM »
Second installment.....Seafood place....

One of my favorite seafood place in JB where you can get really fresh, well cooked and affordable seafood. This place is known for its crabs, prawns, sotong and clams. The crabs are either from Sabah or Indonesia and comes in different sizes and price. The prawns and sotong are the freshest you can get as the texture is very crunchy and it still has the 'sea smell', a taste and texture you will never get if you buy from the pasar or supermarket. Once you tried their prawns and sotong, you will feel that the pasar ones are like,   :-[

Among other signature dishes is the fried bee hoon and the kung foo kuay teow. Crabs are best steamed or cooked in black pepper. Prawns i prefer steamed or with nestum. The sotong best is kam heong or fried with salted egg yolk. Sambal kangkung is great too.

Plus, this restaurant is located at the seaside where you can get a nice view across the straits to see Singapore and also see the 'kelongs' and the orang asli settlement.

A favorite hangout for Singaporeans.. but the price not Singaporean price...  ;D

RESTORAN ASLI SEAFOOD

@ PERKAMPUNGAN SUNGAI DANGA

Seiko fan.....

Offline gchee

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 11:12:02 AM »
Looks delicious. I will be in JB next month. Hopefully I'll have the time to go there.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 04:16:39 PM »
Waiting my satay at Seri Alam to be ready!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 07:46:56 AM »
I miss Gui Diao Gia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChrisChong

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 12:52:47 AM »
Seven Spices Indian food is good , near danga bay