Author Topic: Scammer Alerted  (Read 52969 times)

Offline Danielo

Re: Scammer Alerted
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2018, 07:44:19 AM »
Great Stuff!

Keep us updated. :thumbsup:

Offline ebertho

• Freshie
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2018, 10:18:36 AM »
Buyer beware:

My friend was looking for an Omega Speedmaster The Legend Collection and we found a seller at Mudah.my

https://www.mudah.my/Omega+Speedmaster+Schumacher+LE-62121919.htm

The funny thing is even though it claimed to have a store in KK, there are no contact details (address nor phone). So we contacted it thru mudah asking for address and more details of the watch.

The seller then gave the address of a Hypermarket in Lahad Datu. I asked my associate near the area to check out the shop, which he could not find. Then my friend asked the seller to send a pick of the watch at a nine o'clock position.

And this is the watch at nine o'clock position. What a dumb con-man.  :HammerHead: :Laughing_on_floor:

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just wondering if anyone has been scam by this seller GTK STORES?

Offline ebertho

• Freshie
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2018, 12:55:15 PM »
Hi Guys. Just posting some information. Me and a group of his victims are currently working together to try and find this individual. From our investigation so far, we've managed to discover that this is actually a syndicate headed by an individual named Raman A/L Nadasan. He has 2 known associates namely Ravi Chandran a/l Supraminiam, and Ravisandaran Govindan.

The details are as follows :-

Raman a/l Nadasan
631226-02-5819
No 148, Lorong 1 Jln Tun Abd Razak Johor Bahru.

Ravi Chandaran a/l Supramaniam
730801-07-5585
12P, Lorong bilibis 17, Taman bilibis Simpang Ampat, Pulau Pinang

For Ravidaran, his details are irrelevant as this particular individual will only lead us to a dead end. Progress can only be made through these two names headed by Raman a/l Nadasan. If you wish to join us in exposing and finding these individuals and get your money back,  reply this thread and i will put you into our group along with the others. We're making quick progress. I will also share the pictures of these individuals soon for recognition.

Err,..seems like you guys are carrying out own PI job ..but where are the police in this?

Offline ash140397

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2018, 04:05:56 PM »
The police department have "bigger" issues to handle. Apparrently us commoners are not as important as some other individuals.

Offline koryong

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »
Very odd why Mudah still allows the scammer to post up his ads ?

Offline wateveritis

• Freshie
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2018, 09:37:11 PM »
Very odd why Mudah still allows the scammer to post up his ads ?

Mudah just can't scan through all the ads thoroughly. I guess everyone here can put in some tiny effort to prevent scammer from scamming people.

Offline irmavep23

• Freshie
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2018, 12:07:08 PM »
i never trust mudah always kena con

Offline phantom99

• Freshie
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2018, 11:48:35 AM »
Beware guys! Same con men from GTK Stores are back disguising as "Unique Watches". Now they claimed to have a store in Kuching. The phone number is unreachable and the WhatsApp avatar is the same with the WhatsApp avatar of the people reported by downsouth.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline dpkong

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2018, 10:17:15 PM »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2018, 07:33:08 PM »

Offline dcssb

• Freshie
Plenty of Scammers in the Net
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2018, 03:16:25 PM »
I have found that there are many scammers in the Internet, especially in websites like Carousell.  The scammers in Carousell will tell you that they are interested to buy your products, but always ask to communicate using Whatsapp with a number starting with "011".  In the first time I was scammed, and communicated using Whatsapp, I was "threatened" to pay money to a bank account.  I reported that person to Carousell, but later found that Carousell account does not exist there anymore.  I also lodged a report to that Telco & Whatsapp.

If you decide to post any item/product for sale in Mudah, Carousell, Ebay, etc. suggest to not communicate using Whatsapp or to give your mobile number (if can avoid to do so), which you may get some phone calls or voicemails or SMS after that, saying that you may be charged with "corruption" from so-called "Police Dept." or "BNM", etc.

I am bringing this up here as a topic, in case you may get people who may be scammers to get money from you.  :(

Offline diabloxster

• Freshie
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »
Hi there, I would like to add to my experience. Still have not figured what they are doing, so anybody here who has knowledge please enlighten.

I run a natural product company with my wife and we have a Squarespace website with online store. Recently we received several emails from Europe, mainly Switzerland, Finland and Norway, through the online form on our site. The emails are inquiries about buying our products.

The first on, from Switzerland, asked whether we accpet credit card, I said yes as Squarespace accepts all credit, debit and paypal payments. I answered taht we do and if they have any problems using the online store do contact us. After that no order, no more inquiries.

The second one is from Norway and asked the same question AND then asked what credit card merchant we were using. I answered that Squarespace takes care of our payments and I do not know who they use, then added Squarespace's custoer service email and suggest she ask them. Yes all three emails are female with gmail and English sounding names.

The third one, all these mails came within a four day period, is from Finlabd with another gmail account and English female name. This time they said that they would like to arrange for a larger order and would like alternative payment and not Squarespace. She asked for a quotation and gave me a an address.

I thought about it and decided to play along, who knows, it may be a genuine buyer. I sent the quotation and at the same time checked the address on Google Maps. The location was a place in the middle of no where. Like the nearest city is 250 km away. Alarm bells started to ring!

Two days later Finland lady replied wanted to increase the order quantity, asked for a new quotation and gave instructions for me to contact, via email, her shipping company to arrange for payment and shipping. The email was from the domain @fastservice.com and when I checked, it came up as a phishing / scam email address.

I replied to lady about her location and the scam email and said that I would like to terminate contact and until now, one week later, no more emails from her.

So what is the deal here? Are they trying to phish for my details by sending an email to whatever@fastservice .com or is it a more elaborate scam?

ANyway, just sharing. Thanks

Offline nikdanny

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2019, 06:41:29 PM »
Freakin scammer would text me everytime i posted a watch ad on Mudah! 2-3 scammers on 1 watch..#trolltime

Offline dcssb

• Freshie
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2019, 05:42:31 AM »
Yes, there are alot of scammers in Mudah... I did a few adverts there, and so many of the scammers send me messages to chat with them in whatsapp...  I asked them for details, and almost all of them either provide rubbish answers or no answers at all.

Offline gather12345

• Freshie
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2019, 04:12:42 PM »
Freakin scammer would text me everytime i posted a watch ad on Mudah! 2-3 scammers on 1 watch..#trolltime

Common nigerian scammer. Number starts with +214. I usually ignore them

Offline scannee

• Freshie
Scammer Alerted
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2019, 05:23:27 PM »

The sad aspect is, this happens 90% of the time when actually trying to spend cash in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:29:42 PM by scannee »
Difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult

Offline dpkong

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2020, 09:44:10 PM »
Heads up for members about a new user MikepeeRide

<<<<<

Quote from: MikepeeRide on 20200919T20:17:46+00:00

$3000
Where are you located?

+17325756647
WhatsApp me

>>>>>

Trying to sell me a 16622 for $3,000

:Laughing_on_floor:

Offline abyss8888

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2020, 04:22:48 AM »
about nigeria scammer, i always video call them, they not dare to show up face. then i block it

Offline dpkong

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2020, 07:45:45 AM »
It seems I'm a scammer magnet... posted a WTB and this is the private message I got

Vacheron
« Sent to: dpkong on: November 10, 2020, 10:30:05 PM »

Hi. Contact richard he might have one for sale. [email protected]

Username is "icely" and details shows just registered the same day the message was sent

Offline dpkong

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2020, 11:41:44 AM »
Another Nigerian scammer "jeffreycole550" registered today and sent this message:

49150/B01A-9097 with white
« Sent to: dpkong on: Today at 05:02:42 AM »

Hey you can contact James he has a for sale
  [email protected]

Sent from my itel W6004 using Tapatalk

Offline Alex K

• Freshie
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2021, 04:07:27 PM »
Yes these scammer really nothing better to do, hope they will get caught soon..

Offline jiayonglim

Watch Scams & Frauds
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2023, 03:44:09 PM »
Does anybody frequently come across watch scammers on the Internet? Especially Carousell.

If you're selling watches, they'll seal the deal almost instantly without negotiating, try to get your email, and pretend to ask for around RM1k 'for the payment to be successful'. Lol

If you're buying watches, I notice some well-below-market-price hot models listed by scammers. The one I encountered tried to sell a fake Rolex Submariner 116610LN for RM30.8k on Carousell lol. When I ask her to Video Call just to see the watch, she said 'Sorry I am married woman, cannot video call'. Then I asked her to send a picture of the watch turned to a specific time, she sent me a picture another watch instead, alamak..

Just be careful.  😆

Offline dpkong

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2023, 08:50:48 PM »

So long as there are people out there looking for a good deal, there will be scammers offering them.

Of course there is that rare opportunity someone hits a good deal but that is few and far between and the buyer would be a very well-seasoned professional

Does anybody frequently come across watch scammers on the Internet? Especially Carousell.

If you're selling watches, they'll seal the deal almost instantly without negotiating, try to get your email, and pretend to ask for around RM1k 'for the payment to be successful'. Lol

If you're buying watches, I notice some well-below-market-price hot models listed by scammers. The one I encountered tried to sell a fake Rolex Submariner 116610LN for RM30.8k on Carousell lol. When I ask her to Video Call just to see the watch, she said 'Sorry I am married woman, cannot video call'. Then I asked her to send a picture of the watch turned to a specific time, she sent me a picture another watch instead, alamak..

Just be careful.  😆