Author Topic: Any Muhle Glashutte fans out there?  (Read 13225 times)

Offline sidestreaker

Any Muhle Glashutte fans out there?
« on: October 03, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »
Hello all, any fans of Muhle Glashutte here?

If you're an owner, what do you think of it? From the website, there seems to be 2 AD in M'sia....

Thanks!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Any Muhle Glashutte fans out there?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
i dont like their design.... but this is very personal
quality wise.... shd be ok

Offline FNFZ4

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:07:05 AM »
I love them. I think I like them better than A Lang. IMHO best bang for the buck German watch out there. Too bad they are like Jaeger that dont get much attention.

Offline raveen13

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »
Good quality and design. Check for their marine watch - Mühle-Glashütte Teutonia III.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 02:06:37 PM »
Instead of a 1-liner, please share with us your take on why you like Muhle Glashutte over A. Lange (apart from personal taste, that is) and also why they are the best bang for the buck German watch.

I love them. I think I like them better than A Lang. IMHO best bang for the buck German watch out there. Too bad they are like Jaeger that dont get much attention.
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »
Good quality and design. Check for their marine watch - Mühle-Glashütte Teutonia III.

I was checking out that very model! Also, the Terrasport II (with a modified Sellita Movement) seems like a good option to the Mark XVII.

Source: http://montre24.com/news/2011-12-16/391/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:41:11 AM by sidestreaker »

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
They are working with Selita and getting blank movement from them SW200 (instead of ETA where company have to order higher grade movement) and modify them to a "german movement" : 3/4 plate, swan neck regulator. the below is the reworked ETA7750

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:59:49 PM by TJWN »

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »

I was checking out that very model! Also, the Terrasport II (with a modified Sellita Movement) seems like a good option to the Mark XVII.

This is nice, exactly like my Mark 16. Any ideas on the RRP? and is it available locally?
Tq

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
This is their first in house movement.

What i like most bout it is the case really well made and finished.

Needs a bigger crown winding feel is not too good.

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 09:44:33 PM »

This is nice, exactly like my Mark 16. Any ideas on the RRP? and is it available locally?
Tq

dc

Yeah! This look nice. Please pm me too if anybody know the RRP.  :Cheers:
watchManU

Offline Yikkie

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 10:23:14 PM »
No disrespect to Muhle Glashutte but better than A. Lange?  Seriously?   Would really love to know what you are smoking.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 11:00:56 PM »
No disrespect to Muhle Glashutte but better than A. Lange?  Seriously?   Would really love to know what you are smoking.  :Laughing_on_floor:

He likes them better than ALS, not saying that they're better than ALS. Completely different views.

The simile to JLC does point out his reasoning.

Offline Yikkie

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 11:37:54 PM »
Quote from: Yikkie link=topic=10634.msg98273#msg98273 dateI 1382890994
I love them. I think I like them better than A Lang. best for the buck German watch out there. Too bad they are like Jaeger that dont get much attention.

He likes them better than ALS, not saying that they're better than ALS. Completely different views.

If you like something better, does it not also mean that you think that it is better than the product that you are comparing to?  JLC might not be as well known as brands like Rolex or Panerai to the general public but they are definitely not a brand that does not "get much attention". 

Offline dpkong

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
I love them. I think I like them better than A Lang. best for the buck German watch out there. Too bad they are like Jaeger that dont get much attention.

If you like something better, does it not also mean that you think that it is better than the product that you are comparing to?  JLC might not be as well known as brands like Rolex or Panerai to the general public but they are definitely not a brand that does not "get much attention".

Lets hope this thread doesn't degenerate into opinion bashing.

You have made an assumption that the previous poster thinks another brand is better than ALS, while all he has said is that he likes them better.

Now, you have used that assumption as a base that since he likes them better, then there must be a reason why they're better than ALS.

Tsk tsk tsk...  This will not end well...  :-\

Offline Yikkie

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 08:33:54 AM »

Lets hope this thread doesn't degenerate into opinion bashing.

You have made an assumption that the previous poster thinks another brand is better than ALS, while all he has said is that he likes them better.

Now, you have used that assumption as a base that since he likes them better, then there must be a reason why they're better than ALS.

Tsk tsk tsk...  This will not end well...  :-\
Wouldn't it be boring if everyone agreed with one another? We are here to share our opinions and there are bound to have some disagreements. We could always agree to disagree on a topic. Some healthy debate and banter should be encouraged, no?  :). Call me simple minded but when someone says that he likes something better, it would automatically mean that he thinks that the object is better in some or most aspects in comparison to the reference. If I said I like a Toyota Camry better than a RR phantom, it would mean that I would personally find the Camry to be better than the Phantom in some or most aspects.  Maybe I am just a simpleton.  ::) Peace out bro.

Offline asimo

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 08:24:24 AM »
Saw some muhle Glasshutte recently.. Is a value for money brands with some good quality watches at reasonable pricing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sterimar

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 09:16:32 PM »
Saw some muhle Glasshutte recently.. Is a value for money brands with some good quality watches at reasonable pricing

The Teutonia Kleine Sekunde looks nice  :thumbsup:
Where is the local AD?

Offline asimo

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 09:40:21 PM »
local AD is khronos, Starhill KL