Author Topic: Seiko Marine Master  (Read 8485 times)

Offline dualcarb

Seiko Marine Master
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »
I have got the urge for this watch for quite a while now, but it only got stronger after purchasing the turtle reissue. Hence the search began and after asking around and trying to source one, I hit a brick wall, one after another. I was seriously contemplating ordering online and buying it sight unseen, something that I have not done before. I prefer to try it on in person before purchasing. I put my name down on a list with a dealer and eagerly waited for the call. Today the call finally came. I went there, tried it on and was not disappointed. So here it is...the SBDX 017. Love it to bits. Second Seiko diver in one month. My wife doesn't know about it yet...lets see what she says later.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:34:39 AM by dualcarb »

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
Re: Seiko Marine Master
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 06:12:08 AM »
Nice watch man, wish I could get one....hahaha
Seiko fan.....

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 06:40:22 AM »
Nice watch man, wish I could get one....hahaha
Thank you Jeep. It is head heavy, and just fits my puny six and a half inch wrist. But being head heavy is not an issue as the bracelet that came with it fits very well. Compare this with the steel bracelet that came with the turtle, it's like heaven and earth. I bought a silicon Seiko bracelet for the darth tuna and fit it on my turtle, comfy...this MM will stay on steel for a while. Until I get the itch to switch bracelets.

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »
Great man.

Btw, it seems that the seiko divers range especially the tuna and monster family has this head heavy symptom. Its more pronounced on my Baby Tuna though.

IMHO, the newer Seiko bracelet seems different from the older Seiko diver bracelets.
Seiko fan.....

Offline wildaxlrose

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:59:10 PM »
Nice piece brotha I really like it ,don't worry about wife she won't notice it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline elado249

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 04:28:18 PM »
Yeah seiko really a daily beater..worth the money ????

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »
Great man.

Btw, it seems that the seiko divers range especially the tuna and monster family has this head heavy symptom. Its more pronounced on my Baby Tuna though.

IMHO, the newer Seiko bracelet seems different from the older Seiko diver bracelets.
Yeah, they are head heavy but it is manageable, I wear mine snug, so there really isn't much movement. The baby tuna that I have my eye on has larger physical size than that of the MM300 Quartz tuna.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 05:20:27 PM »

To date she still hasn't  :Cheers:

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »
Yeah seiko really a daily beater..worth the money ????

It really is a great daily watch. Tough and nice and does its job, no dramas. You wanna go higher up on the ladder? There is always the GS and the Credors. But let's stick to divers that are more of my recent interest lately  :) :) :)

Offline elado249

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »
Yeah divers watch all the way!!

Offline Cocas

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 07:52:14 AM »
The SBDX017 new MM300 now has a "X" logo on the crown.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »

To date she still hasn't  :Cheers:

I went get Seiko MM300 and Ball EHC TMT LE yesterday at one go.

I will never let my wife know........ :Blue:

Offline ianwong

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 01:33:57 PM »
MM is one of my grail watches. I bought the sumo cause it was as close as i could get to it.

One day soon...

Offline Wak417

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 10:14:26 PM »
Nice diver !!
The past is history, the future is a mystery" - Mike Tyson

"Success is only what you make of it" - ME

Offline theCrowR

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 11:24:10 PM »
I have got the urge for this watch for quite a while now, but it only got stronger after purchasing the turtle reissue. Hence the search began and after asking around and trying to source one, I hit a brick wall, one after another. I was seriously contemplating ordering online and buying it sight unseen, something that I have not done before. I prefer to try it on in person before purchasing. I put my name down on a list with a dealer and eagerly waited for the call. Today the call finally came. I went there, tried it on and was not disappointed. So here it is...the SBDX 017. Love it to bits. Second Seiko diver in one month. My wife doesn't know about it yet...lets see what she says later.

How much is this model?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 05:31:09 AM »

How much is this model?

The last year RRP should be about RM 10k, if bargain hard enough it's about RM 8.5k.