Author Topic: Trusted vintage dealer?  (Read 18406 times)

Offline yaptimming

• Freshie
Re: Trusted vintage dealer?
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »
A lot of fakes on ebay...even vintage watches are cloned. Google and reseach 1st..i was hunting for vintage tudor subs...gave up after reading about all the fake snowflakes franken watches out there.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

Offline opp61

• Newbie to this forum
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 10:36:20 PM »
Way too many replica and fakes.  Hv to be very careful. 

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Offline gman5515

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Hi guys,

just joined this forum as I relocated to KL for work.. have been on the vintage path, and was also wondering about finding nice vintages here in KL/Selangor region. All my vintages were purchased online, except for 1 back in spore.

If there are any shops here in KL/Selangor, would love to hear about it too! I did visit Berjaya times square, with a couple of watch resellers at the 6th floor... there was one shop(sorry, I can't remember the name of the shop) that the owner had an awesome personal collection of Rolex vintages but sadly none of them were for sale...

Just to share... for me, I trawl RPM, Chrono 24, VRM, and the rolex forum in the US. I prefer to deal with trusted dealers with good references as vintages requires alot of research and homework.. But a fun 'hunt' nonetheless!

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 12:52:31 PM »
Hi guys,

just joined this forum as I relocated to KL for work.. have been on the vintage path, and was also wondering about finding nice vintages here in KL/Selangor region. All my vintages were purchased online, except for 1 back in spore.

If there are any shops here in KL/Selangor, would love to hear about it too! I did visit Berjaya times square, with a couple of watch resellers at the 6th floor... there was one shop(sorry, I can't remember the name of the shop) that the owner had an awesome personal collection of Rolex vintages but sadly none of them were for sale...

Just to share... for me, I trawl RPM, Chrono 24, VRM, and the rolex forum in the US. I prefer to deal with trusted dealers with good references as vintages requires alot of research and homework.. But a fun 'hunt' nonetheless!
Welcome to malaysia bro.
Try explore Amcorp Mall, especially weekends, perhaps you could find some nice vintages there.

Offline gman5515

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 12:56:39 PM »
Hi guys,

Welcome to malaysia bro.
Try explore Amcorp Mall, especially weekends, perhaps you could find some nice vintages there.

Thanks ck77! appreciate the share! hmm! think i'll try and explore amcorp mall this weekend then hehe  :Dancing_banana: :Cheers:

Offline alooith

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 02:08:20 PM »
Have you heard of this blog called watchlim? I think he is located in JB and his blog got ALOT of vintage watches. although i do not know how legit those watches are. shop with care ;D

Offline gman5515

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 02:39:21 PM »
Have you heard of this blog called watchlim? I think he is located in JB and his blog got ALOT of vintage watches. although i do not know how legit those watches are. shop with care ;D

Hi alooith, I have heard of him and he seems to be very experienced with vintages, but have not personally dealth with him nor visited the shop. I have seen his posts on mudah and carousell(singapore).

anyone had any experiences with him?

Offline opp61

• Newbie to this forum
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 07:46:13 PM »
Watch lim is great.  He is quick,  has a good range of watches and would you believe it,  trustworthy.  Go for it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Offline SLK

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 08:53:49 PM »
Any idea if those watches being sold in the flea market in Amcorp Mall are any good? Saw some decent vintage watches there but am not an expert to tell if the watches are genuine or not.
Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Offline affordablewatchguy

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »
I've only heard good things about watchlim too.

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 08:46:41 PM »
Watchlim is good to deal with. Don’t worry to deal with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline opp61

• Newbie to this forum
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »
WL is a great guy . 100%!

Offline wateveritis

• Freshie
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2018, 08:33:41 AM »
Hi guys,

I tried to visit Berjaya Times Square level 6 as well but couldn't find any other vintage watches expect Rolex. Usually also hunt it online from overseas seller.

Offline Brandon Khoo

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2018, 05:57:07 PM »
Just looking at WL website makes me want to pay a visit south just to get one vintage for myself.

Offline irmavep23

• Freshie
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2018, 01:32:57 PM »
never trust mudah , I was cheated 5k . nevertheless it was my own naivety. didnt do enough homework

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »
ssongwatches.com

Sean is based in Malaysia.  :thumbsup:
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline rainbowfix01

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2018, 10:30:15 AM »
ssongwatches.com