Author Topic: Pre-Order Booking Fee for a Rolex Sub  (Read 347 times)

Offline Shogun123

Pre-Order Booking Fee for a Rolex Sub
« on: April 04, 2024, 03:57:50 PM »
Hi all Sifu,

I was promised a brand new Rolex Submariner if I paid a "booking fee" (35% of the retail price) by an employee of a reputable fine watch store in Malaysia. This would be on a pre-order basis, with the watch delivery scheduled for 4 months later. The final price would be approximately +15% of the retail price, which still seemed like a very good deal compared to grey market watches.

The employee boasted about her experience in the watch industry, even providing me with her business card from the reputable fine watch retail store. She claimed to have been doing this as a side job regularly. Hence, I paid the booking fee to her, but unfortunately, 9 months later, I have yet to receive the watch. What I received instead was all kinds of stupid excuses.

Has anyone else experienced this before, or is it likely a scam? Should I continue to wait, or should I report her?

FYI: She refunded the booking fee to me after 5 months. However, in order to prove her innocence, she claimed she would still deliver the watch to me as soon as possible. I suspect she may be taking booking fees from various customers and making empty promises to fund her side business.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 04:15:37 PM by Shogun123 »

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
Re: Pre-Order Booking Fee for a Rolex Sub
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 05:11:29 PM »
Booking fee issued to AD or to individual? If individual, this is absolutely a scam. Name and shame and make sure the employers are aware of this practice. I mean 9 months wait and zero result -- why are you still hanging on to these empty promises (even if you have gotten your "booking fee" back)?

Offline lamkinpark

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 09:11:59 AM »
This is for sure a scam!

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 03:08:57 PM »
She probably needed the cash to roll and gave it back once doneā€¦ :HammerHead:

Offline AndrewTe

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 05:38:49 PM »
100000000% scam.

Offline Henry T

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 06:50:13 PM »
Obviously not an AD.

An AD is not suppose to sell above retail price like those grey dealers.

Don't be hard-up. I wouldn't even give her a 5% deposit.

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk