Author Topic: AP RO  (Read 6286 times)

Offline peanut

AP RO
« on: March 07, 2010, 06:49:48 PM »
I was with Scott at Cortina KLCC looking at IWC BP and Port Automatic 7 Days but this one caught my eyes and ended up with this.  Here are some rush shots of my latest addition.  Scott, thanks for your help and company!

Offline Scott C.

Re: AP RO
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:23:30 PM »
Nice one BH ;) I think you made the right decision :D

Congrate again  :Cheers:

scott

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »
You can never go wrong with the Royal Oak, to me much better than the ROO.
So much more wearable.
Nice display back as well.

Offline peanut

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 05:22:25 AM »

scott

I told my other half that I was going to get the IWC but ended up with the AP instead.  She told me that she likes the Port Automatic better but the AP is "OK"  :).  I like RO because I need a daily sporty watch to wear.  May be next one will be Port Automatic or VC Oversea Chrono.   8)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 05:45:45 AM »
yes. ro is very close to its original design.... and this design is forever green...
nautilus, ro, oversee, ingenieur.....
personally RO look better to me...
and with cal 3120.... super highly rated......
GOOD CHOICE MAN!

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 06:12:35 AM »
That's a great looking watch. I especially like the solid gold rotor. Congrats. Looks like Scott has been busy "poisoning" our fellow members here.
Very good looking pics too. Do post some wrist shots.

:Cheers:

Offline JPSP

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:17:55 AM »

scott

I told my other half that I was going to get the IWC but ended up with the AP instead.  She told me that she likes the Port Automatic better but the AP is "OK"  :).  I like RO because I need a daily sporty watch to wear.  May be next one will be Port Automatic or VC Oversea Chrono.   8)

nice piece mate!! really awesome!

sorry to hijack your thread....can anyone pm me what's the best price you can get for VC Overseas Chrono and non-Chrono (interested in bracelet model only)? It's next in my list...and i'm doing some research of the prices now... 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:19:34 AM by JPSP »

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 07:03:40 AM »
That's a great looking watch. I especially like the solid gold rotor. Congrats. Looks like Scott has been busy "poisoning" our fellow members here.

Hehhehe..no le... actually, is him who poisoned me with his GO Pano....Urggg..!!

Offline Alice

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 11:15:29 AM »
Congrat !! Awesome watch  :thumbsup:

Offline peanut

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 03:50:15 PM »

Hehhehe..no le... actually, is him who poisoned me with his GO Pano....Urggg..!!

;D   GO Panomatic is really beautiful on both sides.  I just can't stop admiring the quality of the workmanship.  It is better than some of the more expensive watches!   :thumbsup:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
Ze Germans really do know how to decorate ze movements!

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
Congrats...nice watch..is this the military series?

Offline JPSP

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 04:20:20 AM »
Congrats...nice watch..is this the military series?

nope this is not, bro...they've discontinued the military edition

Offline peanut

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »
Nope.  I think the last military dial was produced in 2002.  This one is brand new but RO design hasn't changed much since the beginning.  The cal 3120 of the new RO is highly rated and this one has stayed on my hand since I got it 3 days ago.  I have not gotten a chance to wear my other watches.   ;D

Offline silverstan

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 10:32:05 AM »
Congratulation! love it's movement.

how's the build quality for this watch?

Offline peanut

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »
Congratulation! love it's movement.

how's the build quality for this watch?

The Royal Oak is built like a battleship!   ;D   A few days on my wrist and I found that it is both sporty and classy.  The bezel is brushed so it should be less susceptible to hairline scratches.  The bracelet is a thing of beauty - beautifully made, comfortable and good looking.  That said, my Blancpain bracelet is slightly more comfortable to wear but the RO's bracelet is better looking and reasonably comfortable. 

The hexagonal white gold screws on the bezel and hands and hour markers in facetted 18kt gold are the distinctive part of the RO/ROO.  I am still trying to figure out how they put the white gold screws in hexagonal holes.  Mine is the black dial version and I must say that it is very easy to read and the dial is not reflective in any lighting angles - which is a plus to me. 

I only have 2 minor complaints.  One is that 50m water resistant rating.  It should be higher for a sport watch but it doesn't bother me so much as I hardly do water sport.  Second, there is tendency that some hairs on the wrist can get trapped within the bracelet and ouch!   ;D

Offline JPSP

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 03:11:43 PM »
Hairs being trapped yes? I agree. Hahaha...it serves as a reminder for you to "admire" your watch again and the "pain and hardwork" you've put in to own this watch.

Cheers

JP