Author Topic: Junghans  (Read 67761 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Junghans
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »
great shots from you again

how come the allen key screw in buckle was scratched ?

Offline RaymondT

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »
Can anyone pls share how much is the retail price for the Meister ?

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »
Some vintage Junghans chrono using the J88 movement

The original military use Junghans Chronograph J88s, had a matte twelve sided bezel (is there a word for this? xxxgon?) A pilot watch is always comes with a matte surface at that time as it wont reflect the sun-lights which affect the pilot sights.

The doctors watch with blued hands, and a chromed bezel.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:03:43 AM by TJWN »

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »
12 sided shapes are apparently called dodecagon...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline kenzo

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 07:10:11 AM »
Can anyone pls share how much is the retail price for the Meister ?

Meister range RRP price automatic 5k and above and Chorno at 8k above...however right now there are more collection in Meister family...I like the moonphase!!!!!

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 11:37:48 AM »
Some Press Release from the Brand

2013 is the calendar year of the Junghans Meister

The year 2013 is the year of classic Meister watches at Uhrenfabrik Junghans. The new Meister Kalender and Meister Agenda complications are worthy additions to the successful range of elegant timepieces. With the Meister Chronometer Gold Junghans is also continuing the series of limited edition collector's pieces in real gold.

History of the Junghans Meister

Production of the first Meister models in the 1930s heralded the dawn of a new era for Junghans. In addition to their appearance, the Meister watches are characterised by their intricately refined movements. By 1936 the calibre J80 was already equipped with a central second, for example. The finest model was the J80/2 movement, decorated with Côtes de Genève, viewed as the centrepiece of the Meister watches. From 1951 the Meister models also benefited from the J82 chronometer movement with its unusually large screw balance, which was perfected continuously until its production ceased in 1960, having been fitted to thousands of officially tested chronometers. The current Meister range stands once again for the mechanical expertise in watchmaking at Junghans, further underscored by the "Made in Germany" seal of quality.

The 1952 Meister

Limited Meister Chronometer Gold

One particular treasure is the Meister Chronometer Gold: limited to just 99 timepieces, it is a stylish combination of classic design and the highest accuracy. The delicate interaction between the 18-kt. rose gold case and the ivory-coloured dial enables the classic face of the Meister Chronometer to shine in the warmest of hues. Equipped with the J820.1 movement, the model has references to the 1950s, an era of significance for Junghans, when the company was the third largest manufacturer of chronometers worldwide. Like the current Meister Chronometer, the historic chronometer calibre J83 was already equipped with an automatic winding mechanism. Today, it is still viewed as one of the finest movements to be manufactured in Germany. As a continuation of its historic predecessor, the new Meister Chronometer Gold manifests a strong historic connection. As in the J83, it contains a hairspring in Nivarox 1 quality manufactured by Carl Haas, with the blue colour exclusive to Junghans. It makes a major contribution to ensuring that the Meister Chronometer Gold receives its official certificate of accuracy. With the unusual blue hairspring and the fine limitation Junghans highlights the exclusivity of this watch.

Meister Kalender

The moon has been a key companion to mankind since time immemorial. It helps provide orientation regarding time and space, controls the tides of the oceans and is extolled by poets as a mystical heavenly body. The energy and grandeur of the moon has inspired the watchmakers at Junghans to offer this heavenly body a worthy stage in a Meister watch. The clear positioning of the week day and month outside of the centre of the dial means that the Meister Kalender enjoys optimal legibility. In keeping with the rest of the range, the moon phase with date display has a bowl-shaped bezel, which lends the timepiece its masterful appearance. The design of the Meister Kalender is harmonious down to the tiniest detail, with the stars of the moon display glowing in the respective case colour of silver, yellow or rose gold. One highlight can be discovered when viewing the heavenly bodies: a Junghans star, lighting up the firmament.

Meister Agenda

The Meister Agenda is a precious watch in more than one sense of the word. Because it combines fine aesthetics with unusual complications. In addition to displaying the week days and date, calendar week and power reserve also have their bowl-shaped place on the dial. The Meister Agenda facilitates the planning of activities with its calendar week display making it ideally suited to the requirements of business life. A Junghans-specific movement modification that positions the day display in a window lends symmetrical order to the individual functions. The dial is set in a stainless steel case with a diameter of 40.4 mm, with an optional gold-coloured finish. High-quality straps in alligator leather, horse leather or stainless steel round off the elegant appearance of the Meister Agenda.

Offline shahkl2u

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 05:11:30 PM »
Beautiful watch to wear...bit expensive for me. But loves their 1972 Chronoscope Solar Alarm watch...it a quartz anyway...welll look so cool, rugged hopefully affordable...anyone know the price here...

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »
Just to inform to every Penang Lang that Junghans is now available in Penang Gurney Plaza already.  ;D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »
Just to inform to every Penang Lang that Junghans is now available in Penang Gurney Plaza already.  ;D

:thumbsup:

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 08:34:15 PM »

How about johor Lang like me?  ;D
watchManU

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 02:07:31 PM »
Slowly .. But if poison reach head d faster go kl find cure...lol

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2013, 06:44:52 AM »
This is the brief intro of the Erhard Junghans collection  :) :)

The Erhard Junghans collection is the series that pays tribute to the founder and named after him.
This is the higher end collection after the Max Bill, Meister and Bogner. Which using movement derived from non swiss mechanical movement but the finest movement from Japan. The collection consist of three range:
1) Aerious: 46.6mm pilot watch with ergonomically designed chrono pusher.
2) Creator: Unique german design, make use of spaces between the bridge on the dial to create retrogrades.
3) Tempus: Classic watches with Roman Numerics.

The collection was launched in year 2006, at that time, the company was managed by Heinz W. Pfeifer (Guy who bought over Glashütte Original at year 1994 and successfully  revived both Glashütte Original and Union and sold to swatch group at year 2000)

The watchmakers manufacture the Erhard Junghans watches at the same spot (Junghans Schramberg facility) where their special history began. The original company building now houses state-of-the-art workbenches still imbued with the spirit of Erhard Junghans.

Two movement was introduced, It was the new Caliber J890, a classic column wheel chronograph movement with date and power reserve indication, the movement was derived from the base movement 6s37 or SII TC78 of SII (Seiko Instrument Incorporation) the movement was used in Seiko Credor watches. However the J890 had one additional jewel, 41 jewels instead of 6s37 40 jewels.
J890

The new caliber J830 with date and central seconds, which derived from the Grand Seiko 9SXX movement.
J830

Both calibers work with a frequency of 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour and have a power reserve of more than 50 hours. They are also refined with stripes of type "Côtes de Genève" on bridge and rotor. For the decoration of the movement blued screws are used.

All the Chronograph model in the Erhard Junghans range is equipped with the J890 movement.
Aerious

Creator

Tempus

Mean while the J830 movement is cased with the 3 hands model.
Tempus Gold

Creator Retrograde

The models of the Erhard Junghans Collection not only represent the ideal of a timepiece by appreciating common values, but they are also a tribute to the company founder Erhard Junghans – one of the true pioneers of the fine German art of watchmaking.

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2013, 08:22:04 AM »
Just a quick update guys:

Junghans watches is available now in:

1) Pavillion Kuala Lumpur
2) Sunway Pyramid Petaling Jaya
3) Gurney Plaza Penang

:Dancing_banana:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:32:03 PM by TJWN »

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 02:40:27 PM »
Another success story for Junghans Meister : Wining the Chrono Award 2013 and Vienna Time 2013

The limited edition model Junghans Meister Chronometer won first place in the Chrono-Awards for the category 10,000 Euros as well as the best watch in the Classical Elegance in Vienna Time 2013. The Chronometer is equipped with the Soprod A10 movement with the Blue Carl Haas hair spring produced by Junghans sister company.

Offline sari

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2014, 06:41:34 PM »
The real thing is even mote stunning.

Offline Aero100

Junghans
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 07:44:48 AM »
guys i came across this in FB https://www.facebook.com/JunghansSEA?fref=ts

some of their design is really nice... any comment on this?

Offline Aero100

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 08:54:12 AM »
ok, to be frank... i m thinking of selling off my tissot... for either one of this... guys any comment on which i shld get? they are all beautiful to me... and i can only get to pick up one  :D

your input is much appreciated

Offline Everdying

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »
i got one, though its obviously not an everyday watch.

Offline Aero100

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 09:33:21 AM »

very nice...how much u got it? is it any good?

Offline Everdying

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »

rm3k+, 5yr warranty and 1 free crystal change from ww2 boutique.
if it wasnt good, would i have gotten it? :P

Offline Aero100

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »

rm3k+, 5yr warranty and 1 free crystal change from ww2 boutique.
if it wasnt good, would i have gotten it? :P

haha ya, silly me.

but 5 yrs and one 1 free crystal change? wats crystal change? haha sorry i m pretty much a noob in watch still  :)

but 5 yrs is really a wow!

Offline kenzo

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 02:05:44 PM »
Crystal change means replacement of the glass of the watch. ^^

Offline Aero100

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »
Crystal change means replacement of the glass of the watch. ^^

wow.... thts very very reasonable. hows the moment? accurate? (ok, question as most of the sifu pay lots of concern, i really dont care tho)

Offline Everdying

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
yea cos the crystal is plastic / plexiglass.
if minor scratches can be polished off, but of cos cant polish too many times.