Author Topic: Toyota estima acr50 06 or alphard 06  (Read 25581 times)

Offline ehfoo1976

Toyota estima acr50 06 or alphard 06
« on: December 17, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »
Think of getting myself a mpv. Shortlisted the estima acr50 and alphard... Any comment about this?

Offline Alvin-8880

Re: Toyota estima acr50 06 or alphard 06
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »
NAZA & several car dealers are running year-end offer now. Good timing to get one.

Offline ehfoo1976

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
Tq. Bro... But still not yet decide which one to go for

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 09:45:56 PM »
Both. estima and ahfat got active owner groups in Malaysia. u can join their forum to find out more.

I think main difference is power.  ahfat 2.4 tend to be under power coz heavier.  also gravity higher. but sitting experience ahfat more luxurious I think. Hehe.
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 08:12:05 AM »
Yes, join in estima or aphard forum to get more information.
Also agree that aphard , for its 2.4 cc engine, feels underpower due to the overall weight and is higher(in heights) as compared with estima. To me estima is for the medium range in Toyota MPV stable. (low end = Innova, premium category = aphard)

Offline leongjohn81

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:35:56 AM »
Alphard is much more comfy than the Estima, V6 3.0 or newer 3.5 is better than the underpowered 2.4, a lot of level of creature comfort, must chose the most suitable one as each command different price bracket.

Privacy glass is great but under the watchful eye of JPJ! :P, kopi-O may help, but, not always.

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 07:22:33 PM »
anyone surveyed price of a 2008 2.4 Estima, (low -mid end specs)?
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
Starex lor...u can bring the whole kampung at second hand price of alphard and get a brand new instead...
plus the warranty of new car....and the might of diesel engine, but minus the prestige....

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 06:03:31 AM »
Starex lor...u can bring the whole kampung at second hand price of alphard and get a brand new instead...
plus the warranty of new car....and the might of diesel engine, but minus the prestige....

Agree with Nazri - pure value for money; go for the Starex
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline ehfoo1976

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »
I tried starex.. Sorry to say that it a bit bumpy and the built quality is not so good.. A lot of squakky sound exspecially running on bumpy road.
If not budget punya pasal, go for estima or alphard.

Offline rusminag

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 07:48:56 AM »
VW got new MPV. Same engine as Passat & Golf GTI. Can check that out.
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline GlySinn

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 06:40:13 PM »
VW got new MPV. Same engine as Passat & Golf GTI. Can check that out.

The Sharan.
Handles very very very well for an MPV  :thumbsup:
0-100km in 8.4s  :thumbsup:
And nice engine roar too when u "tekan"  ;D
Comes with paddle shifters too  ;D

Offline TJ

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 04:14:48 PM »
I am considering between an Estima and Alphard 08/09 too. Would be the best option to ferry the family around when 'baby' arrives. Both Starex and VW is not an option as the former isn't delivering well in quality and built while latter, smaller and not worth the money spent if space is a criteria. Resale value is also something to consider.

Agree lower displacement Alphard is underpowered. Drove my bro-in-law's, it felt heavy, worst when overtaking. The 3.5 is going to be a guzzler besides higher road taxes.

It's hard to decide, on one hand I want the space and comfort, the other, power as well.

Offline SonnyCooL

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 12:28:43 AM »
I am considering between an Estima and Alphard 08/09 too. Would be the best option to ferry the family around when 'baby' arrives. Both Starex and VW is not an option as the former isn't delivering well in quality and built while latter, smaller and not worth the money spent if space is a criteria. Resale value is also something to consider.

Agree lower displacement Alphard is underpowered. Drove my bro-in-law's, it felt heavy, worst when overtaking. The 3.5 is going to be a guzzler besides higher road taxes.

It's hard to decide, on one hand I want the space and comfort, the other, power as well.

i don't understand why so many user complaint about alphard 2.4 power, yes 2.4 might sound low for such huge car but the short ratio gear box help a lot, u won't feel slow at all, in fact faster then camry 2.4 on over taking (2-3 gear) .... only minus point is top speed, fuel consumption and hate sliding door bushing sound .....

Offline TJ

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 03:51:59 AM »
Really Sonny? Then either your family is light or I have higher expectations to what a mpv can deliver. I'm used to having the power under the hood at my disposal.

We owned a 2008 Camry 2.4 before switching to the S60 recently. it was far more responsive and powerful on the road and while over taking. To add, an Alphard 2.4 can hardly clock 400km on a full tank.

The liking I have is the room it offers. However, Still deciding between both.

Offline SonnyCooL

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
Really Sonny? Then either your family is light or I have higher expectations to what a mpv can deliver. I'm used to having the power under the hood at my disposal.

We owned a 2008 Camry 2.4 before switching to the S60 recently. it was far more responsive and powerful on the road and while over taking. To add, an Alphard 2.4 can hardly clock 400km on a full tank.

hahhah  i drive alone most of the time :) i find it reasonable compare to camry (my father ride), agree on ur fuel consumption point, i spend around rm 60 - rm 80 (2006) for daily drive (sri hartamas to putra jaya- cheras - bangsar - sri hartamas) . .. . .

pro for alphard : spacious, almost standing inside cabin, front door bigger then my house door and unique out look.
con : high petrol, third seat is not comfort, real door bushing always make noise, some time pay higher toll (kena once at pg bridge)

Offline TJ

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »

hahhah  i drive alone most of the time :) i find it reasonable compare to camry (my father ride), agree on ur fuel consumption point, i spend around rm 60 - rm 80 (2006) for daily drive (sri hartamas to putra jaya- cheras - bangsar - sri hartamas) . .. . .

pro for alphard : spacious, almost standing inside cabin, front door bigger then my house door and unique out look.
con : high petrol, third seat is not comfort, real door bushing always make noise, some time pay higher toll (kena once at pg bridge)

haha, i see why.....wow, you do travel a fair bit in a day. Hey, i notice we live inthe same area  :Cheers:

yes my fren, serious consideration still required. the good thing is, i still have 5 months to decide  ;)

Offline KEV

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 09:48:42 AM »
Hi dude, I am new here but interesting to note that there is discussion about cars in MWF. Well, comparing Estima ACR50 & Alphard ANH10, go for Estima. While both models employ the same engine, 2006 Alphard uses old technology 4 speed gearbox, poor respond (3.0 facelifted is 5 speed anyway). Whereby ACR50 uses CVT-i, not bad at all (I used to own one). This is from my personal experience being the end-user. Hope it helps :)

Offline Meor72

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 10:48:17 PM »
Alpha '06 has a much better resale value plus the looks and comfort is better than the estima. Ok maybe not thelooks to some but definitely a better ride.
Meor

Offline Ledzep

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »
Alphard 06 is the old generation, acr50 is atleast the latest gen

Offline rahaizan

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »
  8) Hi all,

Greetings, this is my first message as i just registered my name and interested to join this forum. Actually, i just bought estima aeras acr30 3.0, second hand 2005. No experience and have never used this kind of MPV at all. So my concern, just want to share and to learn something new from the expert here. Probably, i'll give the details:

1. This MPV manufactured on 2000 registered on 2005
2. Interior, quite nice and clean everything looks fine except on radio condition haven't tested yet.
3. Exterior, according to the dealer they have painted one layer recently. Really nice and its like a new car condition
4. Engine, this is where i totally lost. The engine very silence, clean but it seems doesnt like a 160,000km running condition
    Not to sure whether on breaking system where it has a little bit loose while i test drive. I coudn't checked the timing belt
    or timing chain.
5. Suspension, no bumpy and i believe its belong to a very careful owner.

Maybe y'll shall give your comments, thnks

Offline karpin

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 02:54:23 PM »
GO FOR ESTIMA :Dancing_banana: