Author Topic: building relationship with your Rolex AD  (Read 21996 times)

Offline tancho

Re: building relationship with your Rolex AD
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 10:22:09 AM »
What relationship with AD?  As long as there are still buyers willing to fork out over RM100K for a SS ceramic Daytona and over RM80K for SS ceramic GMT 2 BLRO & BLNR from grey dealers, you can forget about getting anything from the ADs.

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 10:25:14 PM »
If you make something hard to get, it will become more valuable. Automatically. Rolex is a master in this game.

Offline edwin880721

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »
That is the reason why this topic start. Because relationships need to be build. Buy hamper or flower during special occasion for your AD :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2019, 12:17:01 PM »
I called an AD once, looking for a two-tone Submariner. They had one in stock, so I requested they hold it for me, and I would be there within the hour. I arrived, paid for it and proceeded to thank the SA who answered the phone. To my chagrin, he said he let me have it because I sounded like I was about to cry on the phone. I was in disbelief; having spent RM50k and to be insulted that way.

That AD was Cortina at Starhill, and the salesperson's name is Brandon. It was that moment when I realized the AD is supposed to build relationships with their customers, and not the other way around.

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2019, 01:08:24 PM »
I called an AD once, looking for a two-tone Submariner. They had one in stock, so I requested they hold it for me, and I would be there within the hour. I arrived, paid for it and proceeded to thank the SA who answered the phone. To my chagrin, he said he let me have it because I sounded like I was about to cry on the phone. I was in disbelief; having spent RM50k and to be insulted that way.

That AD was Cortina at Starhill, and the salesperson's name is Brandon. It was that moment when I realized the AD is supposed to build relationships with their customers, and not the other way around.

are you their VIP? you made purchase in that specific AD before? i could not even get a call from them. haha

Offline babihutan

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 09:37:24 AM »
Really crazy, i wont go for grey market, even now u can get 1 Hublot 20k and get another sub nodate 28k.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2019, 01:01:21 PM »

May just be a distasteful joke. Have long since stopped bothering with building relationships with any AD for that matter. My most recent experience with Omega wasn't the best either. I'd rather just try to earn money to be able to afford what I want at the grey market dealers. At least they appreciate my business more.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »
I think it does not apply to all, had a good experience with recent encounter with AD in Cortina. I've been offered a sports model, it was a quick and the whole process was done professionally.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2019, 02:02:12 PM »

Shocking to know a salesperson can say such a statement to the customer? Judging that they will sell you the watch over a phone you must be a regular as well..

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2019, 03:56:59 PM »
Not a VIP, just a regular Joe. Sales persons move from one AD to another, so it's not too difficult to "expand" the network. In any case, I wouldn't cry for a steel sports model Rolex, so its travesty to imagine shedding some tears for a two-tone. Relationships are a two-way thing after all and none of the salespersons at any Omega boutique have treated me like that.

I agree; that the "problem" is all salesperson and NOT AD or brand. But Brandon from Cortina in Starhill certainly needs to buck up his manners and Cortina should also look into "educating" their staff. I for one, would never consider dropping a single sen on that person, ever.

Offline nelson_ling

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2019, 10:17:22 AM »

By the way, is two tone sub easier to obtain?

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2019, 03:45:19 PM »
easier than black submariner. but still rare to find now.

Offline Jackylim

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2019, 04:19:40 PM »
How about Daytona 116520, is that difficult to have stock?

Offline nelson_ling

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2019, 05:24:33 PM »
How about Daytona 116520, is that difficult to have stock?

Daytona is way even harder. Unless you get the gold ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline W3ll

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2019, 06:26:06 AM »
Even the rose gold Daytona's are hard to get now.

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2019, 12:22:58 PM »
Requests for Daytonas, Subs and GMTs generally meet with giggles and sarcasm from 'trained' sales personnel.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2019, 06:13:55 AM »
Requests for Daytonas, Subs and GMTs generally meet with giggles and sarcasm from 'trained' sales personnel.

Try telling them you want to buy some diamonds/gold rolex and some Hublots , see whether they will giggle..  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2019, 10:16:06 AM »

Try telling them you want to buy some diamonds/gold rolex and some Hublots , see whether they will giggle..  :Laughing_on_floor:

Got told to buy Hublot too. Wouldn't mind much if it was just gold Rolexes.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline W3ll

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2019, 07:39:17 PM »

Got told to buy Hublot too. Wouldn't mind much if it was just gold Rolexes.

Hublot is high margin and I got to know recently that Hublot has cap their AD discount to 15% as oppose to 30% 1 year ago

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2019, 07:45:06 AM »
Without having to shed a tear, my regular SA called me to let me know my watch had arrived on Friday. I wanted a Pepsi, so I declined. I went over the next day to say goodbye to my SA, as the branch was closing down and she was relocating. She asked me if I wanted to have a look at my watch; I was surprised it was still there. She told me she did her best to get me something, but that allocation was determined by HQ. After some consideration, I decided to go for it.

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2019, 03:15:23 PM »
Without having to shed a tear, my regular SA called me to let me know my watch had arrived on Friday. I wanted a Pepsi, so I declined. I went over the next day to say goodbye to my SA, as the branch was closing down and she was relocating. She asked me if I wanted to have a look at my watch; I was surprised it was still there. She told me she did her best to get me something, but that allocation was determined by HQ. After some consideration, I decided to go for it.

Congrats. That's nice to hear, do you have previous dealings with them? Purchasing Datejust models

Offline FourRings

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2019, 11:44:16 PM »
Been to AD in Phuket, all around KL, adelaide, perth, tianjin,india even pakistan. For the time being no stock for walk in customers but the display crazy high demand watches

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »
Been to AD in Phuket, all around KL, adelaide, perth, tianjin,india even pakistan. For the time being no stock for walk in customers but the display crazy high demand watches

keep trying, you may get lucky! heard it's easier to get in Italy.  perseverance is key.

Offline axaxax

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2019, 08:17:02 AM »

Nu sentral?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline SaharaDaytona

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2019, 12:06:58 PM »
I remember walking into an AD 10 years ago and being served like VIP. All sales people had proper manners and respect over prospective buyers. These days walking into an AD and asking for a SS sports model is met with disrespect. I would say almost all sales people are giving the snobbish vibe.