Author Topic: IWC club members  (Read 79392 times)

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
Re: IWC club members
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2012, 01:00:57 PM »
2nd IWC in the family

IWC makes the best pilot. No shadow of doubt about it  :Cheers:
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline swleong

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 01:20:09 PM »
lets bring this post up for more members to join  ;D

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »
Silent IWC owner here  :Cheers:

Offline IWCking

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »
lets bring this post up for more members to join  ;D

Good one.  :Cheers:

Offline IWCking

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
Silent IWC owner here  :Cheers:

Cool. I am sure there are many more out there.  :Cheers:

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »
I feel like the recent IWC release is getting far far away from its roots. I find that older IWC models are still better. Seems like it became of the many watches in the market. Nothing unik about it  :(

Offline IWCking

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »
I feel like the recent IWC release is getting far far away from its roots. I find that older IWC models are still better. Seems like it became of the many watches in the market. Nothing unik about it  :(

Well, part and parcel when the com goes public or taken over by conglomerate. Shareholders want the number. thats why watch nuts still preferred family owned wrist makers.  :Cheers:

Offline sshark

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »
i also find iwc produces many variations / limited edition like omega. i prefer the rolex way.

Offline IWCking

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »
i also find iwc produces many variations / limited edition like omega. i prefer the rolex way.

I for one wont go for any of those limited edition. Some time, some of them can even produce some limited edition for a new boutique opening. Guess its part and parcel of their commercial strategy. But i wont go for any of those "lim ed" piece which u may only able to tell by flipping the bottom.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »

I for one wont go for any of those limited edition. Some time, some of them can even produce some limited edition for a new boutique opening. Guess its part and parcel of their commercial strategy. But i wont go for any of those "lim ed" piece which u may only able to tell by flipping the bottom.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Actually some of the boutique limited edition had far wrose movement than the regular production movement  :o

Offline IWCking

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »
really? not quite sure about that though. I for one wont buy a regular look limited edition.  :Cheers:

Offline sshark

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 06:03:07 AM »
+Gigi please elaborate why u said the boutique version used far worse movement? Did they use "china eta"?

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 10:12:48 AM »
+Gigi please elaborate why u said the boutique version used far worse movement? Did they use "china eta"?

Go google "pam 318 movement" :Cheers:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/message/1320595343/The+mysterious+PAM318

It was discussed here too http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php?topic=4344.0
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:15:36 AM by Gigi »

Offline sshark

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »
I know about Pam 318 story. But we are talking about IWC not Pam.

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 08:34:19 PM »

i just refering to pam because pam and iwc are under the same hood....

Offline IWCking

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »
So, VC, JLC and Piaget will be in the same 'hood' since they are all in Richmond?  :shocked1:

Anyway, I do see that VC is dying slowly in the hands of Richmond. It used to be probably no. 2 (just perception and nothing too scientific about this) among the hological trilogy but seems like AP is taking its no 2 spot and if VC is not doing something about it, it will soon suffer the same fate as Breguet.

Offline sshark

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2012, 10:43:24 PM »
according to ur corollary rolex,omega dan lain lain jam tangan swiss also under same "hood" since they made in swiss?

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 01:28:54 PM »

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »
according to ur corollary rolex,omega dan lain lain jam tangan swiss also under same "hood" since they made in swiss?

Lol, since when is Omega and rolex were into the discussion. All i was referring about "under the hood" is that IWC and Pam are under the same parent company Richemont. I just mentioning that as per quote below

that Richemont had similar strategy on IWC by issuing "limited edition" watches as to Panerai too. I was just saying some of the panerai limited edition (eg pam318) were created just to for the sake of feeding the ppl desire for limited edition. IWC also in past few years also starting to release those "limited edition" watches which i found like i said in one of the post getting away from its root, its newer release doesnt impress me in my opinion (personal preference). Just curious about what they will come out with the new AMG Ingenieur range next year.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So, VC, JLC and Piaget will be in the same 'hood' since they are all in Richmond?  :shocked1:

Anyway, I do see that VC is dying slowly in the hands of Richmond. It used to be probably no. 2 (just perception and nothing too scientific about this) among the hological trilogy but seems like AP is taking its no 2 spot and if VC is not doing something about it, it will soon suffer the same fate as Breguet.

Just curious why do you say so, its good to explain abit lor. I don really hear much about VC these days. ??? I guessed your statement that family owned company in product offering are better than public owned company is quite true  :o

Offline IWCking

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »
well, as i said, its just public perception and nothing too scientific about. U see VC boutique in KL plaza closed down quietly several years ago. VC used to be top preference among super rich chinese cos its one of the earliest high end watch maker entering china. Some 5-10 years ago, chinese buyers go to KL will look for either Bo Jie Biao or Jiang Shi Dan Ton. But these days, they prefer PP or piaget more.

It has been suffering similar fate in most parts of asia as far as i know. U can notice that from its resell market value and demand from auction houses such as sotheby, christie or antiquorum. So much so until one VC sale, when i asked her should I choose overseas or offshore, she even told me may be offshore if u prefer sports watch.  :Laughing_on_floor:

From what i see, VC is kind of following the path of Breguet. I mean nothing wrong with these two brands. They were and still are one of the greatest watch makers. But afterall, i said that again and will again, watch companies are more of a marketing companies these days. So marketing and marketing is freaking important and without which it will just get irrelevant. One of the autioneer has been saying that brand like roger dubuis and hublot (i personally just dislike this brand) have been going strong lately due to the great marketing effort and budget.

Also, I see that VC doesnt have much break through and has been relying on its legacy. Also, I participated in several watch blogs globally and seems that most purists will prefer AP over VC these days. be it asian or gwei lou. Of course as i said, this is just preception and nothing scientific about it.

Whether its family held or owned by corporation doesnt really bother me (again personally i think company held notion is just a marketing gimmick from those com held watch maker). By way of analogy, nike is no longer a shoes maker these days but more of a marketing company now. Most of its design and manufacturing has been outsourced and its main task now is just to market the shoes. i think watch makers are pretty much similar. Just that they are still making watches (but we have no ideal how many percent being made by them). :Cheers:

Offline terryiwc

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 04:11:32 PM »
hi guys.. been missing for quite some time.  my lastest addition..

Offline IWCking

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »
Good one terry.  :Cheers:

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
Wait until I bring out my IWC Pilot, Terry.. Hehe.. Good choice!

Offline gapnap

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »
well, as i said, its just public perception and nothing too scientific about. U see VC boutique in KL plaza closed down quietly several years ago. VC used to be top preference among super rich chinese cos its one of the earliest high end watch maker entering china. Some 5-10 years ago, chinese buyers go to KL will look for either Bo Jie Biao or Jiang Shi Dan Ton. But these days, they prefer PP or piaget more.

It has been suffering similar fate in most parts of asia as far as i know. U can notice that from its resell market value and demand from auction houses such as sotheby, christie or antiquorum. So much so until one VC sale, when i asked her should I choose overseas or offshore, she even told me may be offshore if u prefer sports watch.  :Laughing_on_floor:

From what i see, VC is kind of following the path of Breguet. I mean nothing wrong with these two brands. They were and still are one of the greatest watch makers. But afterall, i said that again and will again, watch companies are more of a marketing companies these days. So marketing and marketing is freaking important and without which it will just get irrelevant. One of the autioneer has been saying that brand like roger dubuis and hublot (i personally just dislike this brand) have been going strong lately due to the great marketing effort and budget.

Also, I see that VC doesnt have much break through and has been relying on its legacy. Also, I participated in several watch blogs globally and seems that most purists will prefer AP over VC these days. be it asian or gwei lou. Of course as i said, this is just preception and nothing scientific about it.

Whether its family held or owned by corporation doesnt really bother me (again personally i think company held notion is just a marketing gimmick from those com held watch maker). By way of analogy, nike is no longer a shoes maker these days but more of a marketing company now. Most of its design and manufacturing has been outsourced and its main task now is just to market the shoes. i think watch makers are pretty much similar. Just that they are still making watches (but we have no ideal how many percent being made by them). :Cheers:

Maybe VC is chilling out and enjoying this year :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-18/vacheron-constantin-says-watches-for-2012-are-already-sold-out.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:15:51 PM by gapnap »

Offline terryiwc

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2012, 07:06:05 AM »
double wristshot...