Author Topic: Auction platform for vintage watches - Anyone?  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Lux135

• One step at a time!
Auction platform for vintage watches - Anyone?
« on: September 06, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am officially registered today and many thanks to MWF.  I have close to 60 modern and vintage watches that have been sitting in the storage that god knows how long.  Nothing fancy just old vintages like Seiko (70s) and Citizen that I inherited from my family couple with modern watches such as Mido Divers, Tag Heuer and others that I bought new but hardly used them.  Thinking that it is time to let go all of them and I was thinking auction sites could be the best option.  I was told that one auction site, Catawiki is the best auction site but for some reasons i cannot register as a member, apprently they have banned anyone from Malaysia for some reasons.

Can anyone help me to recoomend any auction sites?
Really appreciate it.

Thanks.  Lux :)

Offline ggprime

• Freshie
Re: Auction platform for vintage watches - Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:44:37 AM »
what about ebay?

Offline Lux135

• One step at a time!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:44:52 PM »
Thanks.  That is one to consider for sure.  However, I have seen auction site such as Catawiki fetching higher price for old seikos, those manufactured in the 60s/70s.  I think they are mainly serving the European markets.  Searching high and low for alternatives.

Offline Arcule

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 07:44:12 PM »
Thanks.  That is one to consider for sure.  However, I have seen auction site such as Catawiki fetching higher price for old seikos, those manufactured in the 60s/70s.  I think they are mainly serving the European markets.  Searching high and low for alternatives.

found tat catawiki wasnt so reliable, was once trying to bid on watches, but once u found the review for the site, u will try not to get close to it.

ebay is most popular i should say and reliable if compare to catawiki.

Offline Lux135

• One step at a time!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 12:23:36 AM »
Thanks for the honest reply.  Appreciate it. Guess eBay would be a good start then.  Most importantly, it's reliable.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk