Author Topic: Omega Limited Edition in Malaysia  (Read 4700 times)

Offline bullshyt

Omega Limited Edition in Malaysia
« on: February 24, 2020, 05:45:00 PM »
Hi fellow members,

I have heard that rolex is hard to find in all around the world is it the same for Omega Limited Edition? As i know that Omega always have limited edition, but the question is how hard is it to find in Malaysia? I contacted all the AD in Malaysia and all of them doesn't seems to have stock while it is still publicly available in oversea eg Hong Kong.  The particular model I'm Looking for is James Bond 50th Anniversary 2019 7007 Limited edition

Offline blackmamba24

• Freshie
Re: Omega Limited Edition in Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 07:10:13 PM »
I am not familiar with this particular piece, but do you know how many pieces they release? the Omega seamaster James Bond is always in demand/ well appreciated. I am sure if you speak to the Omega dealer and put down a deposit, they can bring it for you. I was in almost the same situation when the Zenith Defy first came out in Baselworld and they didn’t bring them into Malaysia even after many months, but I was told by the Zenith dealer that if I put down a deposit they can bring it in for me.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 07:51:06 PM »
I am not familiar with this particular piece, but do you know how many pieces they release? the Omega seamaster James Bond is always in demand/ well appreciated. I am sure if you speak to the Omega dealer and put down a deposit, they can bring it for you. I was in almost the same situation when the Zenith Defy first came out in Baselworld and they didn’t bring them into Malaysia even after many months, but I was told by the Zenith dealer that if I put down a deposit they can bring it in for me.

Which basically means it's a hard to sell model and nobody wants to keep one on the shelf.

Omega as a brand is OK. The prices have gone up faster than the brand is valued at and the Service Centre leaves much to be desired.

Offline blackmamba24

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »

Which basically means it's a hard to sell model and nobody wants to keep one on the shelf.

Omega as a brand is OK. The prices have gone up faster than the brand is valued at and the Service Centre leaves much to be desired.

When the RM is down in the toilet since 3 years ago, many luxury brands have stop bringing in their limited edition or new launch into Malaysia because it will simply cost too much when adjusted to RM, while the folks here are still making the same salary = lower spending power. I spoke to a sales person in SWG and that’s what I was told, 3 years ago when RM is stronger it was a complete different scenario.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 04:07:08 PM »

When the RM is down in the toilet since 3 years ago, many luxury brands have stop bringing in their limited edition or new launch into Malaysia because it will simply cost too much when adjusted to RM, while the folks here are still making the same salary = lower spending power. I spoke to a sales person in SWG and that’s what I was told, 3 years ago when RM is stronger it was a complete different scenario.

Standard customer reply I bet. ROLEX doesn't have enough stock to sell despite all this "meltdown"?

Enforces the view that the price increment did not commensurate with brand prestige.