Author Topic: Grand Seiko SBGA211 (Snowflake)  (Read 5673 times)

Offline NyxJwd

Grand Seiko SBGA211 (Snowflake)
« on: January 27, 2020, 04:24:17 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and I was told this would be a good place to get some valuable and genuine input for any watch related questions.

I'm here to seek for some input.

My wedding is comming up soon, so I have decided to get my self a Grand Seiko SBGA211 (Snowflake). I have for years admired the superb quality of GS and it's movement which rivals watches many times its value.
However it just happen that I would be traveling to Japan this year as well for business reason, and I was thinking would it be cheaper to buy it in Japan?

I know foreigners can get 8% tax return back however but not all shops offer it.

So I would like to know, will it be any cheaper to buy it from Japan? Or is it cheaper to buy it from Malaysia and is there any recomended so called "gray dealer" for GS in KL Malaysia

Would really appreciate some good advice :)

Offline Quicktake100

Re: Grand Seiko SBGA211 (Snowflake)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 08:45:43 PM »
Approach the local authorised dealers and see if any are able to match or beat the Japan tax-free price for the Snowflake. The appeal of buying GS in Japan will be the prospect of picking up a piece that is exclusive to the Japan market or available only at the Grand Seiko Boutique (e.g. SBGA401). Bear in mind also that the Snowflake is a signature model so you may have to hunt for one. All the major department stores will also have GS counters in their watch departments so don't overlook those.

Offline NyxJwd

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 09:33:46 PM »
Approach the local authorised dealers and see if any are able to match or beat the Japan tax-free price for the Snowflake. The appeal of buying GS in Japan will be the prospect of picking up a piece that is exclusive to the Japan market or available only at the Grand Seiko Boutique (e.g. SBGA401). Bear in mind also that the Snowflake is a signature model so you may have to hunt for one. All the major department stores will also have GS counters in their watch departments so don't overlook those.

As far as i know, surprisingly its more expensive to buy from japan it self, even if you get the 8% tax return bargaining is hard there and usually the price showed on display is what it will be sold for.

Offline potassium126

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 03:28:20 AM »
Good taste, grand Seiko snow flake is an elegant watch.

Offline Lk11

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 07:01:40 PM »
Excellent choice my dream watch

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 04:59:14 AM »
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and I was told this would be a good place to get some valuable and genuine input for any watch related questions.

My wedding is comming up soon, so I have decided to get my self a Grand Seiko SBGA211 (Snowflake). I have for years admired the superb quality of GS and it's movement which rivals watches many times its value.
However it just happen that I would be traveling to Japan this year as well for business reason, and I was thinking would it be cheaper to buy it in Japan?

I know foreigners can get 8% tax return back however but not all shops offer it.

So I would like to know, will it be any cheaper to buy it from Japan? Or is it cheaper to buy it from Malaysia and is there any recomended so called "gray dealer" for GS in KL Malaysia

Bought? If not I used to ask around and there's an outlet offering 20% for that snowflake

Offline BOBOWONDERLAND

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 09:36:32 AM »
Hi all,

Bought? If not I used to ask around and there's an outlet offering 20% for that snowflake

May I know which outlet is offering 20% ? Im interested