Author Topic: Any ideas where to service an omega speedmaster reduced in kl area??  (Read 7802 times)

Offline Wee

Hello sifus,
I have an old omega speedmaster automatic reduced which is very similar to the moonwatch.. the hour and minute hand ia now out of sync and i think this it is time for a full service. Any ideas where in kl i could service this watch or my only option is to go to omega sc to do it??

Thanks sifus

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
You may try at Amcorp Mall.
However, most watchmaker is not willing to service a DD module piggyback chrono.
Best bet is going back to Omega.

Offline Wee

Indeed, i was quoted rm1500 just for servicing at omega sc... Was thinking if it is worth servicing.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Indeed, i was quoted rm1500 just for servicing at omega sc... Was thinking if it is worth servicing.
I think it is best option, Omega will change the whole module instead of service it.

Offline Wee

Ok will do.. thanks alot for the advice

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
One of the advantages of a pro over reduced is the movement  ;)

Offline Wee

:thumbsup: and hence the price difference..

Offline jayz1990

• Freshie
Better to service at omega. Unless it id an ETA based movement. You will probably save RM 300 to RM400 at a non authorised service centre which is not much.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Offline alex chong

Swatch Group at Wisma Goldhill KL

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Wee

Thanks for all the inputs sifus.. will drop by wisma goldhill for servicing

Offline mongourou

My Speedy pro was serviced at Wisma Goldhill two years ago and is running perfectly fine. I was happy with the service quality. They even gave me back in a small bag the pieces they have changed (including the hands).
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline Wee

My Speedy pro was serviced at Wisma Goldhill two years ago and is running perfectly fine. I was happy with the service quality. They even gave me back in a small bag the pieces they have changed (including the hands).
May i know how much you paid for the service at wisma goldhill??? Well speedy pro is a handsome piece... Thanks for the input

Offline mongourou

Just checked my receipt:
     - Complete service category 3 - RM2,014

They changed a total of 16 parts (all listed on the receipt) plus the polishing of the bracelet and case (mild one).

Hope this helps.

Offline Timeless

Reasonable charges for changing parts and polishing bracelet and case.

Offline Wee

Just checked my receipt:

They changed a total of 16 parts (all listed on the receipt) plus the polishing of the bracelet and case (mild one).

Hope this helps.
Ok.. judging the price of the watch currently, the service cost half of the watch already... Was wondering if it is worth it... But i've grown fonder of this watch over time..

Offline mongourou

Just checked my receipt:

Hope this helps.
Ok.. judging the price of the watch currently, the service cost half of the watch already... Was wondering if it is worth it... But i've grown fonder of this watch over time..

If you can find a Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch for RM4000, run for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wee

Just checked my receipt:

Hope this helps.

If you can find a Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch for RM4000, run for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is not the moonwatch... Its the automatic reduced... If i could get the pro moonwatch for 4k i will squeeze eveey cent out for it

Offline Walllee18

• Freshie
Re: Any ideas where to service an omega speedmaster reduced in kl area??
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 01:37:45 PM »
Did you get it serviced in the end? And how's it working?

Offline exodus

• Freshie
Re: Any ideas where to service an omega speedmaster reduced in kl area??
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 11:39:08 AM »
Just checked my receipt:

Hope this helps.

Definitely worth the 2k if it includes original parts, polishing of watch and bracelet, not to mention the peace of mind!