Author Topic: Rolex Prices Tanking  (Read 60972 times)

Offline flatcap200

Rolex Prices Tanking
« on: August 08, 2019, 05:16:16 PM »
All,

Recently prices for sports models have seen a slight correction of a few thousand RM. See the subs, batman etc. Word is stocks in the
primary market of HK are piling up due to closures & plummeting sales caused by the riots. The other reason is speculated to be a looming global recession.

Interestingly though, recent enquiries have revealed that inventories at ADs are not improving from previous levels. Wait lists are still as insanely long as before. In other words, apart from the local grey market scene further price increases still seem imminent.

Just wondering if certain models are experiencing a healthy minor correction or whether they will continue to tank in light of the troubles in HK. On that note, further correction may well be a welcome change for most of us except of course the serial speculators.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:18:45 PM by flatcap200 »

Offline an36

• Freshie
Re: Rolex Prices Tanking
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »
Ww hulk brand new 68800 Liao

Drop by like 6k compared to previous stock

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 06:30:25 PM »
Yeah...still too steep by any means.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk

Offline babihutan

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 06:35:56 PM »
Hope 114060 model tanking soon haha

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 06:54:52 PM »
Noticed prices are coming down slowly in the grey market. The situation in the AD is not likely to change anytime soon. Despite the drop in prices, the premiums attached are still approximately 100% over retail for pieces like the Daytona. Grey market dealers are still likely to lap up all available stock from the AD.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 08:51:07 PM »
Noticed prices are coming down slowly in the grey market. The situation in the AD is not likely to change anytime soon. Despite the drop in prices, the premiums attached are still approximately 100% over retail for pieces like the Daytona. Grey market dealers are still likely to lap up all available stock from the AD.
grey market dealers will sapu everything one

Price drop 5k, they still earn kawkaw

Offline Cocas

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 06:36:51 AM »
when mainland Chinese starts slowing in buying Rolex. The Rolex price-drop is inevitable.

Hong Kong is a key Rolex market and the sales are seriously affected by the prolonged riots.

We should be able to see a lot more pre-owned pieces price come down sharply by Q1 2020.

Offline spoon2272

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 07:14:19 AM »
Yes the price is going down slowly now.Hope it will go down more  :Dancing_banana:

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 09:57:01 AM »
Don't think there will be a sizable drop coz Rolex ADs are still starved of stock.

Once the riots simmer down, things will normalize.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 10:31:04 AM »
Rolex has long established history. It will drop to a reasonable price but it will not crash. It is just a market correction period. Rolex Grails SS - the Pepsi, Batman, Daytona C, Sky D, Hulk, Vintage. These are scarce and will remain in command. The people buying those are mostly recession-proof.

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »
Is there really a correction? I’m still seeing crazy prices off their usual steel sport models. I did see Milgauss price has been very low. Any feedback on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline spoon2272

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 07:54:15 PM »
Is there really a correction? I’m still seeing crazy prices off their usual steel sport models. I did see Milgauss price has been very low. Any feedback on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it's a bit cheaper now as you can see.Still going down i hope

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 09:26:15 PM »
Rolex fatigue, people are tired and they move on? if this demand is artificial, it has been driven by emotion and perceived scarceness. There is no real value justification for the current prices. thus, the pullback

Offline x-1o8-x

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 02:39:31 AM »
the time they tanked to the point ADs started giving discounts on sports model is the time i'll get myself a sea/sky-dweller  ;D
Never Tidur on Tudor

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 10:21:08 AM »
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Once the dust settles in HK, prices are likely to recover.

Now, i’m sure we all prefer peace to deep discounts....right?

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 10:40:00 AM »
the time they tanked to the point ADs started giving discounts on sports model is the time i'll get myself a sea/sky-dweller  ;D

haha. i hope too! but i can assure you it will never happen. only time will tell. rolex has had stay relevant through history.

Offline x-1o8-x

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »
haha. i hope too! but i can assure you it will never happen. only time will tell. rolex has had stay relevant through history.

werent their lineups had discounts, albeit little back in the 2010's? not asking for 50% off, 20% off is very good already :P
Never Tidur on Tudor

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 03:49:41 AM »

werent their lineups had discounts, albeit little back in the 2010's? not asking for 50% off, 20% off is very good already :P

If can get 5% for professional range, it's very good already  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 08:03:35 AM »
Just talked to an AD about wait lists and was told to expect a sub date in 7 years. People have children in 7 years for pete’s sake!! Deep sea blue watches come in like once a year...

Stupid as the situation is, this doesn’t bode well for 5% discounts at ADs.

The drop will be on grey dealer premium prices that have already skyrocketed. HK riots probably play a part too.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 01:24:19 PM »
Just talked to an AD about wait lists and was told to expect a sub date in 7 years. People have children in 7 years for pete’s sake!! Deep sea blue watches come in like once a year...

Stupid as the situation is, this doesn’t bode well for 5% discounts at ADs.

The drop will be on grey dealer premium prices that have already skyrocketed. HK riots probably play a part too.

Agree with you that the drop are in the grey dealer premium prices. Daytonas at my ADs have a 20 year waitlist. So there is still a shortage in supply. I do wonder what happens if the model gets discontinued since a period of >5 years have been quoted for models in the Professional range. I guess those on the waitlist would have waited for nothing or end up paying a price that is similar to the premium price quoted today taking into account the annual price increase.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline W3ll

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 06:22:42 AM »
I wonder if AD really bother to practice waitlist?

All i could see is they only put priority to customer who has buying profile and those that are able to make bundle purchase and they will allow them to slot in a sport Rolex. I even heard if people want a daytona you have to make purchase of RM400k and up

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:50 PM »
I wonder if AD really bother to practice waitlist?

All i could see is they only put priority to customer who has buying profile and those that are able to make bundle purchase and they will allow them to slot in a sport Rolex. I even heard if people want a daytona you have to make purchase of RM400k and up

Wouldn't be at all surprised if that were the case. At the end of the day, for the ADs its whatever brings in the numbers isn't it...

The real question is why these tactics are allowed to continue...

Offline W3ll

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 01:16:35 PM »
Years ago AD even sell the sport watches by accepting "Premium" from customers. Rolex put the ban hammer down and the AD now practice being "selective" in who they want to sell the watches at retail price, whoever can bring in the most margin on the table. To be honest, what can Rolex do about it right?

Only way the tide can change is when people stop desiring for Rolex watches.

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 03:32:29 PM »
Years ago AD even sell the sport watches by accepting "Premium" from customers. Rolex put the ban hammer down and the AD now practice being "selective" in who they want to sell the watches at retail price, whoever can bring in the most margin on the table. To be honest, what can Rolex do about it right?

lately I was offered to purchase at a premium by AD as well.. both big brand AD offered me.. they told me they have a friend outside who just got the watch and want to sell, blablabla, few k premium.. etc etc

I skipped and regretted :lol: next time got such offer terus take

Offline babihutan

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 04:42:05 PM »
Can offer me contact? PM me...haha

lately I was offered to purchase at a premium by AD as well.. both big brand AD offered me.. they told me they have a friend outside who just got the watch and want to sell, blablabla, few k premium.. etc etc

I skipped and regretted :lol: next time got such offer terus take