Author Topic: Shops that sell thick alligator straps in PJ / KL  (Read 5993 times)

Offline Kevlarr

• Freshie
Shops that sell thick alligator straps in PJ / KL
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
I'm looking for a thick (5mm to 6mm) alligator strap for my watch. It could be genuine alligator, or alligator grain, as long as it's 22mm and brown/tan in colour. I've been to a few watch shops, most of them are really thin (or should I say normal size) straps. I've been to the two watch shops in Amcorp Mall, both don't have thick alligator strap in 22mm.

Can anyone recommend me some shops that sells high quality and thick alligator straps?

Offline jefnando

Re: Shops that sell thick alligator straps in PJ / KL
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »
most high end shops might have what you want, but probably gonna cost an arm and limited selections, but the bright side is you will still have an arm left to enjoy the strap  :Confused:

try searching the sales forum
alternatively, you can browse online watch strap store
Life is more than just a sum of the 6 senses

Offline musclehedz

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 06:32:54 AM »
This may be a little off topic, but have you considered going online? There r a lot of strap makers out there. U can usually get your straps within a week after puchase. I personally took that route. I'm sure our straps connoisseurs here in MWF will be able to recommend some good sources :-)

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:51:14 AM »
may i ask what is the strap for? 22mm sounds like a pretty big watch :)

Offline Kevlarr

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »
I've looked on-line, purchased a few, but nothing that really meets my need. So now I have many new and unused straps laying around (which I will probably sell them soon). Thought I go a different route this time, and try to find a shop so that I can see and touch the strap first before imparting with my money. I'm still open for online option though, if I can find the exact match of what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something specific:

- 22mm strap with 22mm buckle (will consider 20mm buckle, but I don't like 18mm because it tapers too much)
- tan / brown / honey colour
- alligator or alligator grain (large square grain)
- more than 5mm thick at the lugs and tapers to 4mm at the tip (I dont like straps that tapers to 2.5mm or 3mm, too thin)
- 120x80mm length (the length of the long part must be 120mm, short straps like 115x75mm looks funny on my watch when placed on table)

The closest I found online is this Hadley Roma strap.

In fact, it is an exact match of all my requirements actually. The problem is that the photos are stock photos, and when I purchase the Tan strap, the colour of the actual Tan strap is not exactly the same in the pictures, and not to my liking. So the search continues. I know there are plenty of 22mm alligator strap in the market, but I cannot find one (except for the Hadley Roma example above) that meets all my requirements above. Worst case, I might consider getting a custom strap done. Will see how it goes.

This is for my Oris XXL Chronograph watch by the way.

If anyone knows of a shop that sells high quality thick straps, let me know. I'll drop by to have a look.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 10:25:52 AM »
I got but is 24mm hahaha

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »
pm me if you want to know the shop which carry this type of thick strap in KL/PJ.
watchManU

Offline gloomis

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »
I got but is 24mm hahaha

sham....if 24mm alot ppl oso got  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 01:50:51 PM »