Author Topic: TUDOR GMT  (Read 5342 times)

Offline josephw

• Freshie
TUDOR GMT
« on: April 19, 2019, 08:48:41 AM »
Hi, just want some good advise. As we know that this watch is currently on long waiting list at Local AD. Some waited 9 months and still no news when the watch will come. What is the reason for this sudden surge on demand for this GMT watch? Are we expecting this watch to come up in price in the future? Will Tudor price move up as high as her sibling, Rolex? If given a choice, will you investing in Tudor GMT now for upside opportunity in the future or paying exorbitant price to chase after the current hot  Rolex GMT ceramic series? Are we expecting those ceramic series to hit 100k mark in the coming future, or will there ever hit this level? Thanks

Offline G.MAC

Re: TUDOR GMT
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 09:22:05 AM »
There is no surge in demand. This watch was received very well when it was unveiled and stocks are limited. Will it go as high as Rolex? Only if the world changes its preference. Is it worth investing in? No. Will it continue to climb in prices? Only in-line with the annual price increases. How can I tell? Rolex prices don’t come down with time. The Tudor does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline tancho

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
I'm unable to speculate whether the Tudor GMT price will increase to the extent of what Rolex is presently undergoing.  From what I gather gleaming from web sources, the present mind-boggling situation with regards to the prices of Rolex professional stainless steel range in the grey market, and almost non-availability in MRSP is due to a multitude of factors.  Whether similar factors will exist in Tudor's context remain to be seen.   

I was interested in the BLRO, but given the fact that stainless steel Rolex GMT is almost impossible to get in MRSP, I'm now seriously considering the Tudor GMT on its own merits - it's a beautiful and practical watch. I personally believe the Tudor GMT offers a lot of watch at that price point (at MRSP of course), and my interest in the watch is base on this rather than 'investing' in the piece in anticipation of potential price increase.

However, I'm delaying acquisition of the Tudor GMT until the issue with its date change is confirmed resolved. 

Offline josephw

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 09:41:04 AM »
Hi Tancho, mind share what is the issue with Tudor GMT date change? So that we could take note on this. Thx

Offline tancho

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 09:58:49 AM »
Hi Tancho, mind share what is the issue with Tudor GMT date change? So that we could take note on this. Thx

There are many reported cases where the date change is stuck between two dates and the date ‘jumping’ over 2 days.  These happened to both watches worn shortly after purchase, as well as watches worn after many months. In some cases, the issue recurred even after repair by the service centre.

Just google the subject and you will find many discussions on the net.

Rgds

Offline josephw

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 10:01:16 AM »
Thank you Tancho.

Offline ckcspice

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 12:16:05 PM »
this is why a tudor will NEVER be a rolex :)

There are many reported cases where the date change is stuck between two dates and the date ‘jumping’ over 2 days.  These happened to both watches worn shortly after purchase, as well as watches worn after many months. In some cases, the issue recurred even after repair by the service centre.

Rgds

Offline gibsonforever

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 11:10:19 PM »

Rgds
Heard about this issue as well. Maybe consider get a BB58 instead? But for me I would skip Tudor and go straight for a Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tancho

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 08:08:55 PM »
this is why a tudor will NEVER be a rolex :)

Rgds

When the Rolex Day Date 40 with the new 3255 movement was introduced in 2015, it too had issues with its date change, and had to be replaced by Rolex in many cases.