Author Topic: Stolen Watch  (Read 7136 times)

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
Stolen Watch
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:34:29 PM »
 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :Cheers: :mooning: :HammerHead: :Laughing_on_floor: :Dancing_banana: :Jumping: :Confused: :Blue: :Scolding: :shocked1: :Praying: :Startled: :angel: :Mad: :police: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

sad for him.....

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f90/i-became-victim-robbery-today-london-540245.html

Offline G.MAC

Re: Stolen Watch
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »
the guy must have made of with a watch winder or a watch case. That is insanely a lot of watches. Wonder why he doesnt just keep some in the bank.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 05:28:38 AM »
oh man, i felt for him. :HammerHead: :Praying:
one of the well known members in wus.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 05:31:35 AM »
wow... i just place my watches on a tray next to the bed. wonder how safe is that?
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:37:44 AM »
Wow that Mike is a very active member on WUS and has great knowledge in German watches.
Wish him best of luck in recovering at least some of the watches.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:42:58 AM »
That's a lot! But I'm not surprised it happened in London. Before I left to live there for a year, I cynically laughed when briefed that London's crime rate is worst than KL. I said, how worst can it be? But I can tell you now, it's worst! E.g. my car was broken thrice in the 10 months of ownership, each time when it's parked right in front of the house.

It's unbelievably a crime infested place.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »
i havent been to London... TO my surprise crime rates at London is Higher than here in KL  :o.... i thought Mat Salleh country are safer...
my ignorance... :P
Jacky Wong

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 08:53:23 AM »
That's a lot! But I'm not surprised it happened in London. Before I left to live there for a year, I cynically laughed when briefed that London's crime rate is worst than KL. I said, how worst can it be? But I can tell you now, it's worst! E.g. my car was broken thrice in the 10 months of ownership, each time when it's parked right in front of the house.

It's unbelievably a crime infested place.

hey, at least its your car that was broken in and not your house which they can come and take away anything valuable.

Hope he got buy insuran. I haven got one for my self yet. :P

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
wow... i just place my watches on a tray next to the bed. wonder how safe is that?

very safe... so, what's your house address again? :P

Offline nayo

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 09:58:53 AM »

:Laughing_on_floor:
Agree on London not being as safe as before. Plenty immigrants too. Past by a robbery attempt at Samuels Jewellers in Kensington gone awry late last year. 1 robber was been held down by an ex wrestler while 3 others got away with some loot and some Rollies were dropped in their hasty getaway. No, I didn't come across any.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »

:Laughing_on_floor:
Agree on London not being as safe as before. Plenty immigrants too. Past by a robbery attempt at Samuels Jewellers in Kensington gone awry late last year. 1 robber was been held down by an ex wrestler while 3 others got away with some loot and some Rollies were dropped in their hasty getaway. No, I didn't come across any.

I believe the ratio is 1 in 8 are real brit. The rest are migrants. I am not saying that migrants are the cause of the crime in London, but I have seen things when I was in London. True be told that such are the problems of a large metropolitan.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
i havent been to London... TO my surprise crime rates at London is Higher than here in KL  :o.... i thought Mat Salleh country are safer...

Like many have said, the main cause of the problem is a large number of foreign immigrants have been allowed to settle in UK due its immigration law, which is the most liberal in Europe (coupled that with its law on asylum, you would have the most attractive destination for the oppressed, marginalised, displaced and war-torn countries' groups of people). Add that with the EU law that allows free movement and employment amongst EU member countries' nationals, which causes a lot of eastern europeans (ex-communists) seeking job opportunities to move there. So you have an explosive melting pot there.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »

mat salleh countries are the worst in all my time travelling around the world. unless you are going to some scandinavian countries then i would consider those relatively safer.

i have a friend who served and retired as a police in portland. FYI, Portland is one of the best ranked states to stay in the States but he would still not walk out of his house without a vest. he was shot at and stabbed countless times. but now he is happily retired as a english teacher in Fukuoka.

I have never felt any danger walking around any asian countries at any given time of the night but I could not say the same for most mat salleh countries. but having stayed in NYC for a period of time, i would say the city is quite safe after 9-11, there are more cops than muggers on the street now.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »

mat salleh countries are the worst in all my time travelling around the world. unless you are going to some scandinavian countries then i would consider those relatively safer.

i have a friend who served and retired as a police in portland. FYI, Portland is one of the best ranked states to stay in the States but he would still not walk out of his house without a vest. he was shot at and stabbed countless times. but now he is happily retired as a english teacher in Fukuoka.

I have never felt any danger walking around any asian countries at any given time of the night but I could not say the same for most mat salleh countries. but having stayed in NYC for a period of time, i would say the city is quite safe after 9-11, there are more cops than muggers on the street now.

It actually depends on the location. Scotland was not too bad. The cities are just like London, but I was in Perth (yes the one in Scotland, not Australia) and it was a very nice place to stay.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:30 PM »

It actually depends on the location. Scotland was not too bad. The cities are just like London, but I was in Perth (yes the one in Scotland, not Australia) and it was a very nice place to stay.

edinburgh is okay ..glasgow no. i would still not go to a 24 hour fast food joint in any of those places.. be it Perth, Brisbane, Frisco, London..full of drunken low lifes.

rule of thumb. any english and russian speaking countries are generally not safe. as for the continent; France, Italy and Spain, have a large illegal immigration problem form African and Eastern Bloc countries.

Safer Euro countries? Germany, Swiss and Scandinavian countries.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »
having said that ..i would still not be too concerned with anything and would not shy from wearing any watches over in those countries.

because........................i look like a low life myself  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:20 PM »
meh i dun think Europe is dangerous.. neither Malaysia.. got myself a beating early on after moving 2 Malaysia (they were 2 dumb to take my watch), also a few times in Sweden.. it happens everywhere. It's just to stand up and walk onwards unless seriously injured  :Blue: I'm mostly worried about em breaking my eyeglases
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline nayo

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
Apologies, methinks the subject has gone a little off topic. Back to watches?