Author Topic: TAG HEUER CARRERA Calibre Heuer02T - Opinions?  (Read 4914 times)

Offline lordscorp

• Freshie
TAG HEUER CARRERA Calibre Heuer02T - Opinions?
« on: July 12, 2018, 07:36:01 AM »
https://www.tagheuer.com/en/watches/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-heuer02t-automatic-chronograph-45-mm-car5a90-fc6415

What is your opinion of this watch?
Reviews states it is the one of the cheapest if not the cheapest Tourbillon in the market.
Another Jean Claude Biver baby (besides Hublot and Zenith)

Offline spayre

Re: TAG HEUER CARRERA Calibre Heuer02T - Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:38:29 PM »
https://www.tagheuer.com/en/watches/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-heuer02t-automatic-chronograph-45-mm-car5a90-fc6415

What is your opinion of this watch?
Reviews states it is the one of the cheapest if not the cheapest Tourbillon in the market.
Another Jean Claude Biver baby (besides Hublot and Zenith)

Never had a Tourbillon before, but at that price i would rather get a rolex batman. with the market being strong for preowned rolex, at least you wont suffer much loses when you spot another grail to purchase and had to sell it off.

But brand aside, never did like the dial design. Some like it cause inspired by motor racing (looks like a sport rim) but not my cup of tea.

Offline lordscorp

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »

I found one at the Pavillion today and tried it on. Perhaps it is a branding issue but I found the watch to be abit un-refine. I found it rough in certain ways. Perhaps it is my brand biasness. At RM$62k (list) it is the cheapest Tourbillon watch in the market (except Seagull Made in China)...

Rolex Batman or Hulk or Black Sub D
1) 40mm... My wrist is 7.5" therefore I can only wear between 44-46mm. 45mm is sweet spot for me. Like it or not.
2) Market has gone crazy. I am one that will not subscribe to paying premium (above list price) for something artificially created by rolex or by people
3) I love collecting watches. Unlikely to sell them because of my real love for them. I just add to my collection. I don buy for the sake of buying them ie Rolex... (I think way too many people buying it for the sake of buying it...)
4) For Rolex fan only - look at Tudor - they are next to goreng. Already got my Harrods Edition AND GMT... Good luck punters/hunters... haha

Offline spayre

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 02:55:35 PM »

I found one at the Pavillion today and tried it on. Perhaps it is a branding issue but I found the watch to be abit un-refine. I found it rough in certain ways. Perhaps it is my brand biasness. At RM$62k (list) it is the cheapest Tourbillon watch in the market (except Seagull Made in China)...

Rolex Batman or Hulk or Black Sub D
1) 40mm... My wrist is 7.5" therefore I can only wear between 44-46mm. 45mm is sweet spot for me. Like it or not.
2) Market has gone crazy. I am one that will not subscribe to paying premium (above list price) for something artificially created by rolex or by people
3) I love collecting watches. Unlikely to sell them because of my real love for them. I just add to my collection. I don buy for the sake of buying them ie Rolex... (I think way too many people buying it for the sake of buying it...)
4) For Rolex fan only - look at Tudor - they are next to goreng. Already got my Harrods Edition AND GMT... Good luck punters/hunters... haha

hmm... looking at the 44-46mm, not much options for you. Maybe a Breitling Chronometre Navitimer?
I believe for those in this forum, there are some criteria when choosing a watch (design, movement, brand, resell value)... So, if you are looking at movement first (as in tourbillion), then this watch is for you.

For me, I generally look at movement too (like COSC or Omega Chronometer) before anything else.. I got a friend that looks at uniqueness, like Sinn U series for the tegimen metal.

No right and wrong, as long that you are happy with your purchase!