Author Topic: Panerai s from xxBay  (Read 6626 times)

Offline Cocobean

Panerai s from xxBay
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:27 PM »
Hi folks,

I browse through xxbay lately and noticed that there are quiet a numbers of Panerai advertised over the web. Some from individual sellers but majority are from watch company who utilises the xxbay facilities. I saw some really attractive time piece and wondering if any of you here bought any of your timepiece from xxbay ? Mind to share your experience if you did, or share your thought if you don't . Cheers .
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:48:22 AM by scottchung1128 »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Panerai s from xxbay
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:34:50 AM »
if u buy from those big seller.... price never cheap... but risk is lower....
if u bid those individual / private seller.... sometimes u may get it at lower price... but the risk is higher.. u may end up receive nothing...

but paypal is quite safe in that sense....

but for buying pam... i wont go xxbay....
because so many fake pams out there... and it is dangerous to send panerai and rolex through post.... because it is so liquid in market....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:49:38 AM by scottchung1128 »

Offline sshark

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 06:55:15 AM »
I concur with yenfoolun.

Let take a step back and think. If ALL xxbay  watch transactions were safe, authentic (at least what is delivered is what you paid for) and easy, at this Internet Age, those 2nd hand watch shop (brick and mortar) would not be blooming like mushrooms.

/lim/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:50:14 AM by scottchung1128 »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:20 AM »
i bought more than 10 watches from xxbay actually....
nothing wrong with ebay....  it just not easy to find out who is the seller!
the feedback and rating system is flaw....

most so call power seller online u seen...  some 5 thousand transactions.... wah?
actually they created alot of accounts.... hey sell and they bid themselve.... then no money and watch exchange.... then they rate themselve and put gd feedback... after a while same watch will up again for sale.... again among themselve will bid.... so all of them get high rate in the end.... ebay just wont know all this sales created is genuine, because as long as no complaint... they wont investigate!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:51:21 AM by scottchung1128 »

Offline Scott C.

Re: Panerai s from xxBay
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »
If you pay through pxypxl then you are protected i guess. Pxypxl usually protect the buyer...if you claim the goods never arrive and you can file a chargeback (or whatever term i had forgot).

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 10:22:53 AM »
Pxypxl is never officially exists here in Malaysia, or is it just me.
 And thats makes purchasing on line difficult.

Even buying from lxlong Malaysia with no ground line access makes it difficult. Without that where do the pos laju send if nobody at home?

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:25:39 AM »
I heard Henry (Mr Q  8)) has an idea how Pxypxl works in Malaysia...

Can share?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 12:04:47 PM »
nothing wrong with pxypxl... if u buy.... seller ship then no problem...
if seller dont ship then they can refund if seller cant proof he ship...

but if u sell from malaysia... pxypxl is difficult to you.... because the fee is high... it is difficult to withdraw cash...
it limited to usd 500 for 1 withdrawal.... every withdrawal is charged....

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:14:35 PM by scottchung1128 »

Offline silverstan

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »
yea, withdraw from Malaysia is very trouble. :-\
you can use add your visa electron to paypal and withdraw to your card.
then you can withdraw money from any ATM mechine, or the money direct to your account.
But limited 500 per transaction, the fee is quite high as well.
Unless you have bank acc at singapore, you can withdraw to Singapore acc without any charge.

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys .

Me and my wife considered regular internet shoppers and we find it alright so far for books, computer gear, CDs and etc. It is pretty common way to shop in UK & Ireland , of course many other countries where businesses are carried out based on solid trust. What puzzles me was the huge amount of money involved for a luxury goods like watch ; and the unit price could be as high as $ 10,000 - $ 20,000 . As typical m'sian , i still like to go to the boutique and buy it there but think about it . You may want a model that both AD don't have in stock, but you can see it floating in Xbay under stome 'reputable' sellers , would you rather wait for months or grab it from Xbay ? As you know when the bug bites , it bites you real hard to the extend that you even see the picture of the watch in your mind when you head to bed. The 'I must get it !' feeling is torturing you until you finally got it. Hmm... maybe that's why this pre-book only brand has exceptional value that drive you crazy ; like some sweet chic that always turned down your date request.