Author Topic: Anyone familar with NLP watch?  (Read 15429 times)

Offline danny

• Administrator
Anyone familar with NLP watch?
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:37:36 PM »
During a recent visit to Sungei Wang Plaza, I noticed that there's a new pre-owned watch shop called NLP watches.
Has anyone here dealt with these guys before?

Offline Gan190

• Freshie
Re: Anyone familar with NLP watch?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 01:23:07 AM »
I saw it too when i was in KL. They got few PAM there....but somehow i smell fishy. I always prefer AD like Sincere, just my opinion, no offence. ;)

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:27:36 AM »
They do have a shop in Berjaya Timesquare selling same stuff. This is their new branch open last year November i think!

Not sure about the service as i didn't buy any watches from them before..but they do carry some nice piece like GO Pana, PP (don't know what's the model number), rolexes of course, and now panerais ;)

Spoken to their sales guy but they doesn't know much about watches...so, it's really depend how comfortable are you to buy from them..if the price and the watch is good, why not :)? But usually i will check out the after discount price from AD first, the price might be around the same for a new one ;)

Their website is nlpwatch.com....

SC
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:30:29 AM by scottchung1128 »

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 10:04:59 AM »
Gan190,
You are right that one has to be extra cautious when purchasing from non ADs. Personally I wouldn't buy from these grey dealers if the same models were available at the ADs. IMHO shops like NLP only exist because there are people out there who like to flip their watches and these shops provide a convenient and liquid market for them.

However if they do have iconic and hard to find watches with legit papers then I would probably consider purchasing from these guys.

I believe Scott had good experience with Pacific Time (another grey dealer) at Sungei Wang Plaza.

Scott,
Thanks for the link to the website. Looks like they have tons of Rollies for sale.

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 01:40:32 PM »
Same here, will be reluctant to buy if not knowing who is who. Better get to know the boss 1st before buying anything. At least there is someone to haggle if bought something unfavourable.

Offline Gan190

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »
I hope it's ok for me to spread some gossip here, and...it's just gossip.  :P

I'm not pointing my finger to these non-AD shops. I do hear some rumour saying that, there're some real watches, not only PAM, from HK (China), are all come with original case, boxes, papers, tool, straps & etc...BUT, the movements are swapped ! However, i'm just wondering, even if this is possible, what the heck are those people going to do with the original movements?!  ???

So, this is one and only reason/rumour that holds me back from those non-AD. Even it's just rumour...it's like ghost. I've never seen it, but i'm scared of it, and will try my best to avoid... :-\

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 06:04:09 AM »
Hi Gan,
I wouldn't call your story a gossip. It's more like a horror story to me. I sure would not want to be caught paying top ringgit for a Panerai case with Asian Unitas movement.

Thanks for opening our eyes to this danger.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »
nlp are quite some times in berjaya.... mostly are used watch... they do sell some hot new rolex model.... not much panerai actually

time pacific at sg wang will have more panerai watches....
their price is not cheaper than ad....
but i do not understand why they can get so much stock...

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »
How they bring in so many stock? Their boss bought from HK AD/grey market and bring it in back to...sometime, they will bring along just the watches itself (put few of them into a watch case) first and ship the boxes (due to size) back to KL..

The watch box itself is taxable (because without watch inside), that's why sometimes you can see why their watches have no discount and price holding a bit higher..due to extra cost involved....

timepacific has more then 20 panerai in store and i can safely say, they have a lot more model comapre to others AD around KL...at least, until today...Also, they have a lot rolie too range from sport model to datejust...from new to used..they do have DeepSea too now and few Daytona ;)

The warranty is international, you can still send back to Richmont for service within 2 years warranty...

not trying to advertise for them (even though i sound like it :D) but i do enjoy going there and sharing with them and sometimes i got a lot info/news from them or their walk-in customers too...Sometimes, the AD will recommend you to go there when they (AD) have no stock at the moment!!

Cheers!
SC

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 06:44:23 AM »
Informative post Scott. Thanks for sharing.
Now we know how these guys operate. I'll definitely invite you along on my next visit there so that I can leverage on your connection there.  ;D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »
now it is not difficult to find pam and rolex... so if price is the same... better get it from ad...
i just saw ds, milgaus gv, sub, daytona... all in stock selling at retail price...
even pam history line is available according to friends....

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »
Thanks to the global economic crisis it really is a buyers' market out there.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »
Thanks to the global economic crisis it really is a buyers' market out there.

yes... be patient! i received few offer for some brand new pam already... 000, 111, 25, 177...
but price still not cheap.... so i'll rather wait now....