Author Topic: How many active users at MWF???  (Read 6243 times)

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
How many active users at MWF???
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »
Just wonder how many active users here, cause it seems like less than 50ppl are active in this forum for discussion or sharing. I believe the total number should be more. What happen to the rest?? Any thoughts????  ::)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: How many active users at MWF???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:41:24 AM »
If you look at the statistics page you can see that the total number of registered members is approaching 1000.
Out of that number we can expect a small percentage of active users. If we use the "maximum number of users online as a percentage of total registered members" as a comparison benchmark, MWF compares quite favourably with other watch forums in the region:

Watch Forums:MWFPhillipinesThailand
Benchmark:5.44%  3.97%  3.93%

There are undoubtably many members who are lurking around who have yet to participate actively in the discussions.
Let's hope that things will improve as time goes on.

:Cheers:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:22:43 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Siodee, unfortunately there is not much we can do to "force" people to participate in the forums.

Do you have any ideas to spice things up to make the forum more interesting?
We are always open to ideas.

Stay tuned, we will be making some changes to the forums which hopefully will draw in more discussions.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:37:50 AM »
Honestly, people do not want to participate as of yet as they are a bit shy. I too was a bit afraid to participate in discussions at first not knowing the other members personally but in the end the discussion of various kinds of watches won me over to open up to discuss. ;D
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
Honestly, people do not want to participate as of yet as they are a bit shy. I too was a bit afraid to participate in discussions at first not knowing the other members personally but in the end the discussion of various kinds of watches won me over to open up to discuss. ;D

GMAC,
I guess from your feedback, it's fair to say that Malaysians, for cultural reasons, tend to be shy and require more time to "warm up".
I'm hoping that more of our registered members here are like you and will eventually participate more actively in the discussions.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »
True also...but imho i think "shy" dont matter as big in forums.
To me...in forum most of the the time no one sees your "face" and you can choose not to show.
So nothing to be shy about la haha....we all here to share, chit chat and have a good time and share our passion about watches. Thats whats most important.

Offline siodee

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »
Hmm, thanks to all the senior here for the feedback and definitely we need to get more people to participate and share the experience, info, knowledge and etc., Not only it helps the people in this forum, it also benefit to outsider who might pick up this hobby. I am think like follow;

1) activities for gathering just to meet each other in real person, no need so grand, just "yum cha" will do
2) Create search and find the watches that are currently obsolete or only 50 pieces in the world, and can anyone know who is selling those or who is keeping those as collection.
3) Put up a quiz, like Tunku Abdul Rahman wear which watch when he is the prime minister, or famous person wear which watch during certain event.
4) Spot the different between fake and real, and how to identify them
5) so on & so forth

just my 2 cents of thoughts and I certainly want to see this forum fly high.. :Cheers:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »
Hmm, thanks to all the senior here for the feedback and definitely we need to get more people to participate and share the experience, info, knowledge and etc., Not only it helps the people in this forum, it also benefit to outsider who might pick up this hobby. I am think like follow;

1) activities for gathering just to meet each other in real person, no need so grand, just "yum cha" will do
2) Create search and find the watches that are currently obsolete or only 50 pieces in the world, and can anyone know who is selling those or who is keeping those as collection.
3) Put up a quiz, like Tunku Abdul Rahman wear which watch when he is the prime minister, or famous person wear which watch during certain event.
4) Spot the different between fake and real, and how to identify them
5) so on & so forth

just my 2 cents of thoughts and I certainly want to see this forum fly high.. :Cheers:

Hi siodee,
Thanks for the good ideas which we have duly noted. We'll look into implementing some of your suggestions in the near future.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »
Siodee,

All the things that you said can actually be started by you.
Its just easy as starting a thread. Doesnt have to be one of us.

Even GTG who says only the seniors can organize, take the lead and have one and suggest a place. Those who is free will come.

Dont just say, DO, hehe.

Offline siodee

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »
Yes, Sir...I will certainly create some topic myself, as for the gathering, I see some happening in the GTG thread, of which I didn't pay attention before  :Confused:  :Cheers: for good start...