Author Topic: Official 2011 Formula-1 thread.  (Read 4481 times)

Offline takashi78

Official 2011 Formula-1 thread.
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:30:40 AM »
Hell yeah excited at the news!  :Dancing_banana:
Dont know if Astro will have it in HD though.

F1 converts to High Definition television coverage
12 January 2011

It has been confirmed by Bernie Ecclestone's Formula One Management (FOM) that the sport will be broadcast in full High Definition (HD) television coverage from the 2011 season onwards, therefore ending months of speculation over whether the innovation would be introduced this year.

From Bahrain in mid-March to Brazil on the final weekend of November, the entire campaign will be brought to our screens in HD, with the international world feed now being provided at a data rate of 42 megabits per second and in MPEG-2 format.

At present, a number of significant broadcasters – such as Germany's Sky Sports and Brazil's Globo – have confirmed that they will be providing HD coverage for their viewers, with a number of other companies set to follow suit in due course.

'The news follows extensive research, development and investment by FOM to ensure the best possible HD offering for its global TV audience, which is currently in excess of 500 million unique viewers annually,' reads an FOM press release on Wednesday afternoon.

Offline takashi78

Re: Official 2011 Formula-1 thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:27:25 AM »
Lotus Renault GP reveals livery in Birmingham
13 January 2011

Birmingham’s NEC was the venue as the newly-branded Lotus Renault GP outfit unveiled the final version of its 2011 livery at the Autosport Show on Thursday. The John Player Special-inspired colour scheme of the late 1970s follows a team buy-in from Norfolk-based sports car manufacturer Group Lotus, owned by Proton.

Although Enstone’s Renault – which is now set to run under an English racing licence as opposed to a French – had already revealed that a black and gold colour scheme would be used for 2011, quashing the plans of Tony Fernandes’ Team Lotus in the process, the final edition was yet to be viewed until today.

The car, predominantly black but with a gold trim, also features red wing end fences and mirrors courtesy of sponsorship from French petroleum firm Total. Both Poland’s Robert Kubica and Russia’s Vitaly Petrov are contracted to the squad until the end of the 2012 season.

"I’m pretty sure everyone will be excited to see the new F1 livery up close at the NEC but, in addition to F1, the show will be the first time so many of our race cars will be united in one location," comments Lotus Director of Motorsport Claudio Berro.

"The event will provide the perfect opportunity for fans of the Lotus marque to come and have a look at the exciting developments we have made in the past year. We’re also delighted to bring our IndyCar to the show, especially, as we will be celebrating the 100th Indy 500 race with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this year."

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:08:07 PM »
Anyone going to the race (and not to one of em super expencive stands (but close to the track and an lcd and def not hillside) ?
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 05:52:32 AM »
Unless i get some cheap discount tickets i think i'm gonna stay home this year.

011 Testing schedule:
Circuit de Valencia Ricardo Tormo, Spain 1st-3rd February 2011
Jerez, Spain 10-13th February 2011
Circuit de Catalunya, Spain 18th-21st February 2011
Bahrain International Circuit, Bahrain 3rd-6th March 2011

2011 launch schedule:
Ferrari- 28 January
Renault- 31 January
Sauber- 31 January
Team Lotus- 1 February
Mercedes- 1 February
Red Bull- 1 February
Toro Rosso- 1 February
Williams- 1 February
McLaren- 4 February
Virgin- 7 February
Force India- 10 February

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 03:47:00 AM »
Testing for the new season finally begins! :Dancing_banana:
-My fav macha is back, Narain! He deserves a 2nd chance at F1, i love his gutsy driving style.
-Will still be rooting for Kamui, best new driver i feel, will have to see later this yr for the rookies.
-Looks like the Ferrari drivers are sitting higher up in the cockpit than last yr.
-No more double diffusers now they look so simple :Laughing_on_floor: