Author Topic: Official 2010 Formula-1 thread  (Read 41720 times)

Offline adrian

Re: Official 2010 Formula-1 thread
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »
big havoc now with Proton & Group Lotus vs Tony Fernandez...I said suck to Tony...he got big headed this time...
I dont like Lotus with no real relation to real lotus...might as well get lotus name from restoren lotus....lagi better...ahhaha

But Team Lotus is the "original" Lotus F1 team when they were in F1 many years back, not Lotus Racing.  Proton claims ownership to the word Lotus in Lotus Racing which is valid as they own Lotus Group.  But that might not be the case with "Team Lotus" coz when Lotus tutup kedai years ago, someone else bought over the company Team Lotus Ventures which owns Team Lotus.  And now Tony owns Team Lotus Ventures, hence he has the rights to use the brand Team Lotus.

If Proton owns the name Team Lotus, why didn't they race as Team Lotus this year? Why create Lotus Racing?

Most probably someone from Proton made the decision to acquire Lotus Group and gave up on Team Lotus Ventures, thinking "What do we need a company that operates a F1 team for when we're not even racing in F1?".  ;D

I think Proton is going to be seen as a joke if they did indeed acquire Lotus Group, passed up on Team Lotus and is now claiming Tony has no rights to use Team Lotus simply because there is a Lotus in that word.  ;D

They must be worried that the world will see Team Lotus as a separate entity from Proton owned Lotus.  If I were them I would have just kept quiet about the whole issue and ride on the free publicity.  ;D

Heck, who do you think has done more for the Lotus brand in the past year, Proton or Tony Fernandes?

I also support Petronas's view that it's time for Malaysians to come out of their Jaguh Kampung mentality.  It's better to have more Malaysian brands in different teams than to have all Malaysian brands in one team.  My ten cents worth.

Go Red Bull!!!  :Dancing_banana:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2010, 08:54:59 PM »
Lets get some predictions going for Suzuka.
So who do you guys think is the top 3 qualifier?

Spoon curve yeah!

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2010, 08:37:14 AM »
yeah...lest focus on the race..not the team name havoc...heheh

I think RBR would be strong...mclaren would struggle a bit....i am seing webber & vettel might go on top...
renault might throw some suprise...so dont be suprised ...hehehe

Offline takashi78

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 06:26:28 AM »
Official: Pérez joins Sauber for 2011

We will have a new kid on the block. Off course it helps that he has backing from the world's richest man.

Looks like "quick Nick" is out of a drive again.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/243968/official-perez-joins-sauber-for-2011/

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2010, 09:02:35 AM »
yeah i just read that news too...poor nick...but nick being nick i doubt nowadays he want to drive for the back marker even if the opportunity arise...now where else he could go??? Force India or William but the seat seem firm...Renault have better option...pity him...

Offline takashi78

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »
Lotus to use Red Bull gearboxes in multi-year deal

It has been confirmed by Lotus Racing that the Norfolk-based outfit will be using gearbox and hydraulic systems provided by Red Bull Technology from next season onwards. The deal means that the 2010 newcomers will also be able to make use of the highly-effective, championship-leading blown diffuser device.

Having already confirmed its separation from current engine provider Cosworth prior to the end of the current campaign, a Renault announcement is expected from Lotus in due course although, for the time being, only its gearbox and hydraulics systems supplier has been confirmed.

“The announcement that we have reached a multi-year agreement with Red Bull Technology for the supply of our gearboxes and hydraulics from 2011 is obviously a massive step forward for us, both in engineering terms and as an expression of our ambitions for next year and for future championships,” commented Lotus’ Chief Technical Officer Mike Gascoyne.

“The gearbox / hydraulics package obviously plays a critical role in the performance of the car, not just on-track but in design and packaging terms, and this deal gives our design and aero teams a very exciting platform to work with.

“The removal of the double diffusers in 2011 will allow the whole grid to tighten up the rear bodywork and mechanical structures around the gearbox and this supply deal will allow us to capitalise on that with our 2011 car. Exciting times lie ahead!”

Thoughts were also shared by Red Bull Racing Team Principal Christian Horner. “We are very pleased about Lotus Racing's decision to use Red Bull Technology gearboxes and hydraulic systems from 2011,” he began.

“The fact that Red Bull Technology has been chosen to be a supplier to another team, despite its short history, demonstrates how much we have achieved since our first season. We very much look forward to working with Lotus Racing from 2011 onwards.”

Offline takashi78

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
Its lonely in here  :P
So lets post some pics.
Japan GP this weekend ! woot woot !

And again who holds the lap record for this track?  :Dancing_banana:

Laps: 53

Direction: Clockwise

Corners: 18

Lap record: 1:31.540 / K. Räikkönen / McLaren-Mercedes / 2005  :P

Local start time: 3pm (BST +8)

Slick tyre compounds:

Soft & Hard

FIA driver race steward:

Alexander Wurz

Circuit changes for 2010:

- New 25-millimetre negative kerb (20 metres longer than previous version) replaces old kerb and green concrete section at exits of Degner 1 and Spoon

- A third section of AstroTurf added to outside of Spoon, accompanying the two there previously

- AstroTurf, running 20 metres further than current section of green concrete, installed behind kerb on exit of Casio Triangle chicane

- Conveyor belt fitted to fronts of all tyre barriers which previously did not have one

Thursday at Suzuka

Offline takashi78

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »
Hamilton crashes out of FP1.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »
dude...are u in japan now?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2010, 12:35:24 PM »
I wish.....typing this msg in Ampang now hahaha

Offline takashi78

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »
More pics.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2010, 03:03:54 PM »
delay in qualifying...tomorrow session going to be hectic...i wonder how it would turn out to be ???

So what is your pick ?

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »
my pick  ;D

Offline takashi78

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »
Damn missed the live quali and rush home to watch 530pm replay, mana tau showing tennis pulak !! DAMN....

See if anything on midnight reply later...

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 06:40:14 AM »
my pick  ;D

this is tough, your is hot, and this one is as hot as anyone else

erkk we still talking about F1 aite...

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »
F1 WAGs still qualify as F1 talk... :P

but I'm surprised there were no team orders for Vettel to let Button win... since everyone else seems to be doing it...  ::)

Offline takashi78

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2010, 07:43:35 AM »
Why would a team ask their own driver to let the other team's driver win?

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2010, 07:31:31 PM »
I am neither a fan to both brand...I never like the virgin racing...and dont have much interest with Armin storm watches...but then again , under the f1 flag , it seem interesting to see both work as one...the following was copied from the source...

Armin Strom is pleased to announce a new long-term partnership with the Virgin Racing F1 Team. Under the name Armin Racing, the luxury watch brand becomes Official Timing Partner to the team from the beginning of the 2011 season.

Armin Racing is a joint venture between Swiss watch brand Armin Strom and UK based distributor Linder Luxury.

In partnership with Virgin Racing, Armin Racing intends to explore the synergies between Formula One and its values of craftsmanship, heritage, technology and challenging spirit to create a bespoke collection of exclusive Virgin Racing timepieces for retail series.

Behind the Virgin Racing Team stands the well known Team Principal John Booth and the CEO Graeme Lowdon. Of course, everything with the brand Virgin on it, Sir Richard Branson is involved too!

Offline takashi78

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2010, 07:36:05 AM »
Korea GP !!! :Dancing_banana:

First a little yum yum

Latest from the track, looks like alot is still not finished at the Korean track.

Look at those neck muscles !

And lastly what does Webber feel bout the new track?  :P

Offline takashi78

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2010, 01:03:40 PM »
Looks like the track is pretty dusty :(

Look at the bottoming out! :o

This pic shows how short F1 drivers really are.

Whoa this aunty packing some serious gear :o

We have race queens and we have aunty fans hehe :P

Offline takashi78

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »
Our top 3 qualifier for Saturday

Offline kenixck

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »

the best Korean made is the race-girl uniforms !

instead of blowing the debris, they should be sucking it.

forsee many accidents today :P

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2010, 06:50:45 AM »
i love the race yesterday...what a way to remember their very first race...typical korean style...uncertainty...chaotic...them pow...mind blowing result...hehe...long tv show as well...heheh

Offline takashi78

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2010, 10:36:29 AM »
For once i respect Hamilton as early on during the safety car lap he already said, the condition is ok and wants to go racing while Webber and Button just bitches that visibility is a problem.

For me worst driver of the day was Sutil, made sooo many mistakes to me makes his drive at FI next year slim chances.

Driver of the day to me is Kobayashi, damn he is good, even after the collision with Sutil he still can drive on to collect points.

Now the last 2 races are going to be epic!

Offline takashi78

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
And now for some yum yums :P

Congrats to the winners. Massa didnt seem too happy when the got the trophy

Vettel with his last min engine blow out