Author Topic: Anyone own a Hummer H3?  (Read 14026 times)

Offline Pierre

• Freshie
Anyone own a Hummer H3?
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:59:30 PM »
Hi,

Thinking to get one but worry the service and repair problem. Any liable work shop around KL for Hummer? Hopefully anyone can share some infor. :Cheers:

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Offline watchmanu

Re: Anyone own a Hummer H3?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
sorry, out of the topic a bit ar.

i was in one of my friend's rented hummer when i'm in oversea. i don't like it due to stiff and hard seat which not suitable for my old body.  :thumbsdown:
watchManU

Offline Pierre

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »
Ya... Off road car like Hummer will not comfort to drive, but really like the design and the size. I'm big size guy, will hope to match my size with big size car... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline ASC

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:30:59 AM »
Can afford Hummer but worried abt maintainance :Laughing_on_floor:

Then, get a cheap & cheerful Alphard 3.5, or else, Audi Q7 3.0T, both shld fit your size & wallet. Both very cheap on maintainance, beside handle & ride better than the fast depreciating monster. ;)

Don't get the Cayenne, an awful Porsche,the rebadged Toureg, ugly for the Porsche wannabe :mooning:

Offline Pierre

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »
ASC,

I worried the maintainance means the spare part availability and the workshop able to repair Hummer, not the cost.

Thanks

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
Yea i've got one.can't talk about service or repair problem cause i only drive it in my PS3 :Laughing_on_floor:
Nicholas Wong

Offline Pierre

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 05:10:04 PM »
That will be maintainance free!!! :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline ston3r

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
personally i wouldn't consider a hummer, mainly because GM has sold off the brand to a chinese company. As of now, there are no authorized dealers for hummers in malaysia. Most are grey imports. Hummers still carry the bad ass rapper street cred, but what's the point of having one when it breaks down and there's no one to help you out?

Offline Pierre

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »
personally i wouldn't consider a hummer, mainly because GM has sold off the brand to a chinese company. As of now, there are no authorized dealers for hummers in malaysia. Most are grey imports. Hummers still carry the bad ass rapper street cred, but what's the point of having one when it breaks down and there's no one to help you out?

Hi,

Ya, that's the reason I'm still thinking before I pull trigger. That why I hope anyone own a Hummer before to get some advice for the maintainance and the spare part availability in Malaysia. I did view few units from grey market, the price seem go down a lot compare to last two years and I can see many second hand registered unit selling in the market with very attractive price. Maybe the maintainance problem?

Thanks for your advice :thumbsup:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »
what are your reasons for getting a H3? do you want to be different from the crowd?

would a Land Rover be a better choice over a Hummer?

if you really must have a Hummer, go for the H2 and then sell it for scrap when you run out of parts. otherwise, go with Land Rover or the Toyota Cygnus, which is more comfortable and parts should be more readily available.

Offline Pierre

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »
Seem Malaysia not the right place to own a Hummer, but really like the design. Range Rover may the second best choice here.

Thanks everyone for your valuable advice. :thumbsup:

Thank you

Offline dpkong

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »
i don't think the Range Rover is too bad compared to a H3....

Offline ASC

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:17 AM »
i don't think the Range Rover is too bad compared to a H3....

+1 :thumbsup:
But, not to some odd ball :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
Seem Malaysia not the right place to own a Hummer, but really like the design. Range Rover may the second best choice here.

Thank you

How about Audi or VW?  ???
watchManU

Offline ston3r

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 08:26:10 PM »

Thank you

The new Evoque seems to be a great buy. Jeremy Clarkson says its the most unlikely car of the year. It looks great and it is a good buy, especially he diesel version which gives great mileage.