Author Topic: Hello MWF from Penang.  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Gary Teong

• Freshie
Hello MWF from Penang.
« on: December 21, 2019, 09:44:38 AM »
Hi I am Gary from Penang, currently staying and working in SG. Long time lurker who had just found this "Introduction" section.
I got into watch collecting only a year ago, currently have 4 watches in collection. It really is a addicting and expensive hobby. My friend once joked that doing drugs may be cheaper than collecting watches..... Anyway, really glad to see there are so many watch enthusiast in the region. Would like to wish everyone an early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello MWF from Penang.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 02:24:05 PM »
Hi Gary,

welcome to MWF. I am Msian whom settle down in Spore. we can meet for coffee in near future. btw the watches aren't that expensive. Buy within your mean, buy what you like and wear what you buy... dnt chase after those "over hype" models...hehe

Offline dualcarb

Re: Hello MWF from Penang.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 06:22:31 PM »
Hello Gary...I was in the same boat as you before. Was a very new watch enthusiast and then stared buying when I can afford. And then I started buying for the sake of owning some of the more “popular” watches. After a while, it will either settle or your addiction will get worse. But there will come a time when you find that there are certain watches that sing to you more than others. And then your collection will get from many many many watches to less than 10. But this is not so for all la...there are some here that truly loves his/her watches and can’t get enough. So let’s see where this gets you...looking forward to more of your posts...